Barrie, ON Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Barrie ON Homes For Sale
Gorgeous move in condition in prestigious Snow Valley Highlands fully finished basement exterior finished with stucco and brick bungalow just over 1800 sqft with full finished, extensive landscaping and triple garage. You will be more than impressed
1.45 Acres!!! Location, location, location! Construction of a new 5-lane Highway 400 overpass crossing at Lockhart Road & Salem Road, including reconstruction and widening to 5-lanes, buffered bike lanes, sidewalks will bring an abundance of exposure
Attention Developers. Approximately 2.05 Acre Lot In Barrie's South End. Currently Zoned Residential. Area Is Currently In Transition & Harvie Road Is Being Widened. House Currently On Property & Is Tenanted. Seller And Brokerage Makes No Representat
Welcome to 45 Gloria Street in Barrie. This raised bungalow features three bedrooms on the main level with an additional oversized bedroom in the basement and room for additional development. The basement is open to the upstairs and features a wood b
Well Established Profit Restaurant Business For Sale. Located In The Heart Of The Barrie's Busy Business/School/Office/Apartments. Currently Is A Top Rated Barrie Pho Menu. No Franchise Fee. Short Hours And Currently A 6 Day Operation. Fully Equipped
Purpose-Built Building Designed For Students & Young Professionals In ""Schoolhouse"" Complex. Easy Access To Georgian College & Rvh. Finished W/High-End Finishes. 4 Beds, Each Containing It's Own Ensuite 3 Pc Bth & Comes Complete With A Bed, Desk, A
Super location in the 'Yonge Station' Condo Development! 4 min drive to the GO Station, and close to the Barrie waterfront parks, trails, and beaches. Convenient nearby shopping and schools will save you plenty of time. You will love calling this 2 b
Stop looking, you have found your forever home. Lots of room to grow. First time offered for sale! 1 Acre property partially fenced yard. No direct neighbours behind and on one side. 4 bedrooms, main floor laundry room, freshly painted ranch style bu
Under $600, 000 With No Offer Date On This Registered Second Suite/Legal Duplex With A Lake View Close To Everything Featuring Both Units Above Grade And Up To 4 Car Parking With Right Of Way Access On Codrington. Each Suite Has 2 Bdrms And Their Own
Your chance to own in a purpose-built building designed for students and young professionals. This property is part of the Schoolhouse complex built in 2016 in East Barrie that was designed with easy access to both Georgian College & RVH. Each unit i
This could be your staycation property located in the desirable Kingsridge community of Barrie. This all brick residence, with timeless charm, offers approximately 3600 sq ft of finished living space, including 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms & a professiona
Quiet and desirable East End location. This spacious townhome provides an all inclusive home ownership, the condo fees include ALL of the utilities, even cable & internet! This lovely split level home features 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is approx
Priced To Sell !!!!!!!!!! Very Well Managed Store In A Good Location And High Traffic Plaza With Lots Of Parking. Very Low Rent. Long Lease. High Weekly Sales And High Commissions From Lotto. Make Money & Enjoy The Life Also**** EXTRAS **** Reasonabl
GO AHEAD!! Take the plunge & dive right into this all brick, 3 b/rm, 2.5 bath family home in the quiet, established community of Riverwood Farms! You're within walking distance of major shopping on Barrie's Golden Mile, West Bayfield Elementary Schoo
Fully reno'd in the last 12 years w pride of ownership. Located in one of the best SE areas for commuting. Large country lot (69.29 x 253.02), this beautiful 4 bedrm home (cd be 5 bdrm again) sits 5 min walk to Yonge St GO Station & surrounded by sch
Fantastic Opportunity For Investors Looking For Income Or First Time Buyers! This Spacious And Bright Condo Is Fully Renovated With New Bathrooms, New Laminate Flooring In Living Room And Bedrooms, Freshly Painted And Move-In Ready. It Features Just
Fantastic Opportunity for Investors looking for Income or First Time Buyers! This Spacious and Bright Condo is Fully Renovated with New Bathrooms, New Laminate Flooring in Living Room and Bedrooms, Freshly Painted and Move-In Ready. It Features just
About Barrie, ON
Barrie is a beautiful city in Ontario, Canada. It’s located about 120 kilometres north of Toronto and has a population of around 135,000 people. Barrie is one of the oldest municipalities in Ontario, making it a place that offers a lot of history. Located on the western shore of Lake Simcoe, Barrie is the smallest city in the “Greater Golden Horseshoe” area of Ontario. If you’re looking to move to the Barrie area, keep reading to see what life is like in this beautiful city!
Real estate in Barrie is booming, with high demand and low supply for homes for sale or rent. The average price for a home in Barrie ranges from $300,000-$400,000 depending on location and size of property you are interested in. Some notable neighborhoods in Barrie include Downtown Barrie, The Grove, and Queen’s Park.
Barrie’s school system consists of 13 elementary schools, two secondary schools, and one high school. The city also has several private schools to choose from should you be interested in that option. Parents have also noted that there is plenty for kids of all ages to do as well – from sports programs like hockey or lacrosse leagues to summer day time activities like a splash pad in the city park. Located in the midst of the heavily industrialized and populated “Greater Golden Horseshoe”, many people commute into and out of Barrie for work. The economy is fueled by several industries, with tourism being a primary one.
As one of Ontario’s oldest cities, Barrie offers many historic buildings downtown that give insight into the city’s history. In addition, Barrie is home to one of the best arts scenes in all of Canada. Local venues include the Sadlon Arena with more than 350 events annually including concerts, sporting events, and trade shows. The Georgian Theatre hosts an average of 175 events per year, and the Barrie Film Festival is one of many arts festivals hosted in Barrie. On a smaller scale, Barrie offers plenty of museums, galleries, and boutiques for residents of all ages to enjoy. Speaking of the family, Barrie has a lot to offer for those with children. Locals love the different parks that Barrie provides, such as Heritage Park with its gazebos and picnic tables. For those who want to get out of the city for more adventurous activities there are many opportunities nearby, including skiing at Blue Mountain Resort or hiking in Killarney Provincial Park.
The Barrie area is a great place to live and raise a family. With plenty of natural attractions nearby, as well as cultural events in the city, there are so many opportunities that anyone who chooses to call this region home will never be bored!
Transportation in Barrie is generally well-developed with a variety of options for all types of commuters. There are many public transit systems available that cover the entire city and many outlying areas as well. The city centre has many options for travel including streetcars and buses that serve most of the downtown area. If you’d rather see the city by foot or on a bike, there are many sidewalks and bike lanes to use. The city centre can be densely populated, so be aware if you’re driving through. There is typically paid parking throughout the city, but spots are limited so public transit may be your best bet. If you need to travel outside of the area, then there’s also an airport (Lake Simcoe Regional Airport) just south of the city centre that offers regular flights to other Canadian cities as well as the occasional international flight.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 63km (39 miles) to Vaughan
- 65km (40 miles) to Markham
- 77km (48 miles) to Scarborough
- 78km (48 miles) to Brampton
Things To Do in Barrie, ON
A large part of Barrie’s economy comes from tourism, and it has many attractions to offer. Barrie is a great place to live for people who enjoy outdoor and indoor recreation. Some of our local favourites are:
- The Sadlon Arena (formerly The Barrie Molson Centre) is a multipurpose facility that hosts concerts, sporting events, and trade shows. It has an on-site restaurant and pub as well as many other services in the area. Some options include a fitness centre, daycare facilities, and meeting rooms for smaller events.
- Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery is a popular local brewery that offers tours, tastings, and even has an onsite restaurant. They offer a variety of beer with seasonal variations as well.
- Sunnidale Park Arboretum offers a variety of different outdoor activities for all ages. There are trails, fishing ponds, and even an old-fashioned log cabin to explore onsite.
- Spirit Catcher Sculpture is a large-scale sculpture located in the centre of downtown Barrie. It features symbols from many different cultures and religions, and captures the essence of Barrie’s diverse population.
- Heritage Park is a large park within the city of Barrie. It has green space, forest trails, and game areas for all ages to enjoy.
- Ardagh Bluffs is a popular hiking spot that offers scenic views of Lake Simcoe. It has stone steps and benches to relax on, as well as picnic areas along the way if you’re looking for an outdoor lunch break!
- Splashon Wibit Water Park is a great place to spend the day with family or friends. It offers water slides, lazy rivers, and lots of space on deck for sunbathing!
- Chappell Farms is a popular destination for people of all ages as it offers an assortment of activities. It has a petting zoo, corn maze, and pumpkin patch!
- Studio 737 is a well-known studio with classes for all levels that are offered year round. It offers instruction in photography, painting, and drawing!
- The Georgian Theatre is a well-known theatre in Barrie. It has shows that change every week, so there’s always something new to see!
Barrie Day Trips
Barrie is located in the midst of many iconic Canadian spots. If you’re looking for a quick getaway, take a day trip from Barrie to one of these nearby destinations:
- Niagara Falls is the most popular day trip from Barrie. Just a 2 hour drive, it’s a great place for families or friends to spend time together, as it offers several activities. You can hike the falls, go on helicopter tours, or go on the Maid of the Mist boat ride! Niagara Falls is located on the border of Canada and the States. It is known as one of the greatest natural wonders in the world, and when you live in Barrie it’s just a quick hop away. Niagara Falls also offers a casino and many hotels to choose from if you want to turn your day trip into a weekend.
- Toronto is one of Canada’s most populous cities with over two million people living there! Toronto also has some of the best restaurants in all of North America because it’s so culturally diverse. There are plenty of attractions, museums, and galleries that you can visit while in the city too. If you’re looking for more nightlife options than what Barrie offers, then head on down to Toronto! You’ll have access to clubs at College Street or Queen Street. If you want something with lots of green space then head on down to Thornhill where there’s park space as far as your eye can see! Toronto is only about a 60 minute drive via Queen Elizabeth Way, which is one of North America’s most beautiful highways.
- Barrie is a short drive from Blue Mountain Ski Resort which means you’ll be able to take in some of Ontario’s most beautiful scenery without having to go too far. The resort offers fun for the whole family with lots of different activities like ice skating, ski lessons, and snowboarding, so there will definitely be something that suits your needs! If you’re wanting an exciting wintertime activity, Blue Mountain resort is the trip for you!
- Looking for a little nature time? Killarney Provincial Park is the perfect place to get away from it all. This forested park with over 50 kilometres of hiking trails has plenty of spots, so you can camp out and enjoy some peace and quiet! Bring some food and have a picnic or grab your gear and go backpacking for the day. The opportunities for outdoor activities are endless! About 3 hours away from Barrie, Killarney Provincial Park is a perfect weekend day trip.