Just Listed Abbotsford BC Homes For Sale
Located just north of Vancouver, Abbotsford is a city in the Fraser Valley region of British Columbia. With a population that tops 130,000 people, what started out as a farm town is now the largest and fastest growing city in British Columbia. It’s also home to some incredible real estate opportunities!
About Abbotsford, BC
The atmosphere in Abbotsford is friendly and welcoming, with an active community of clubs, groups, and associations. The best part? There’s always something to do! From annual festivals like the Abbotsford International Airshow or Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival to smaller events such as District Days (a festival full of live music), there are dozens of opportunities for people from all walks of life to enjoy. Abbotsford is widely known for its natural beauty and agricultural diversity. It’s close proximity to Vancouver gives residents easy access to a world-class city with tons of amenities, while the small-town feel makes it easier for people to connect with each other and make new friends.
Abbotsford’s economy is fuelled by agriculture, light industry, and the service sector. It is also home to a major transportation hub for Western Canada, which contributes greatly to its economic stability. Abbotsford has an excellent school system with 20 public elementary schools and six secondary schools that all offer IB (International Baccalaureate) programs as well as specialized learning centers for gifted students in math, science, and the arts.
Real estate in Abbotsford is a great choice for people who want to make their home in one of the most livable cities in Canada. The city has been ranked as one of Canada’s top five fastest growing cities and is often listed as one of the best places to live in the country. A majority of the homes for sale in Abbotsford are townhomes located in newer neighbourhoods, but there are also plenty of ‘detached’ or single-family homes available. The average home price in Abbotsford is $433,000.
In Abbotsford, there are a number of different options available for transportation. You can take the bus or have your own car to get around town and explore what this city has to offer. It’s also possible to bike on many designated trails that stretch from one end of the city to another! It’s easy to find your way around as well, and there are many signposts throughout the city that denote streets, intersections, parks or other important landmarks. This is a fairly large city, with wide streets and sidewalks that are safe for pedestrians. There’s even an Abbotsford walking map available to help you find your way around the area while you’re here in this beautiful part of BC.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 37km (23 miles) to Surrey
- 55km (34 miles) to Burnaby
- 65km (40 miles) to Vancouver
- 103km (64 miles) to Victoria
Things To Do in Abbotsford, BC
Abbotsford is a fantastic place to live. Aside from the natural beauty seen from every angle, there are tons of things to do there. Whether you want a day out with the family or a date night out, Abbotsford has some amazing spots, including:
- Mill Lake Park
- Mill Lake Park is home to the Abbotsford International Airshow. It has plenty of great hiking trails and offers scenic views from the top of Mt. Taylor mountain (which can be reached by car or with an amazing hike). There are also picnic tables and plenty of running room available for those looking to spend some time with friends and loved ones outdoors.
- Clayburn Village
- Clayburn Village is an artsy and cultural district that has a ton of great restaurants, shops, and galleries. There are also plenty of amazing street performers who can be found here during the warmer months!
- Field House Brewing Co.
- The Field House Brewing Co. is a microbrewery that has some amazing, award-winning beers on tap! It’s home to an indoor ice rink for the colder months and there are a ton of great events going on too.
- EcoDairy is an awesome farm that focuses on sustainable farming practices. They also offer visitors a ton of tours and educational opportunities, as well as the ability to buy produce from their store!
- Highstreet is a great place for shopping and entertainment. There are some excellent boutiques, as well as tons of restaurants to choose from! It’s convenient location off the highway makes it an excellent place to stop and recharge.
- Applebarn at Taves Family Farms
- Applebarn is a great place to pick up some fresh produce, local crafts, and enjoy the beautiful farm. You can take in some of nature’s beauty on one of their peaceful walking trails or explore an old apple barn – there are plenty of family-friendly activities for all ages!
- Tanglebank Gardens
- Tanglebank Gardens is a beautiful place to spend an afternoon. You’ll find some of the most unique plants and flowers, as well as plenty of chic shopping options. If you’re looking for a relaxing day out, Tanglebank Gardens is just what you need!
- Maan Farms Country Experience Farm
- Maan Farms Country Experience Farm is a great place to spend some time with the kids. There’s plenty of outdoor activities, and you’ll get to see what country life in British Columbia was like back then! Explore their large pumpkin patch complete with scarecrow displays or try your hand at picking out squash from any available vines – they have something for everyone!
Abbotsford Day Trips
Abbotsford is a great city to call home, but if you’re looking for something different we recommend one of these day trips out of Abbotsford. Each one offers something different, whether you’re wanting to take advantage of some beautiful winter weather or bask in the summer warmth by a lake.
- Whistler – Only about 2 hours from Abbotsford, the small town of Whistler is a popular destination for people all over the world, and there are many reasons why it’s such an appealing place. There are so many things to do while you’re here in this city! You can go hiking or biking on some of the most beautiful trails that surround the area, visit some of the local galleries or museums, or even take to the slopes and brush up on your skiing or snowboarding skills.
- Harrison Hot Springs Long Bay – Hot Springs Long Bay is an excellent day trip out of Abbotsford, especially in the summer months. The picturesque bay has a lot to offer, from food and art to shopping and outdoor activities! There’s no shortage of things to do – we recommend renting bikes for the whole family so that you can explore all it has on offer! It’s only about three hours away from Abbotsford.
- Vancouver – If you’re looking for the perfect balance of city life and outdoor recreation, check out Vancouver! It’s only about three hours away from Abbotsford and has plenty to offer, including art galleries, restaurants, shopping districts with some high end stores, and many other small businesses to discover.