Calgary, AB Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Calgary AB Homes For Sale
Welome home to 131 Covepark Way NE. Located one block from the Coventry Hills school on a quiet street. This 1340 sq/ft 2 story home with walkout basement home was built in 2003 by Jayman Master Builders for the current owners. The home has been prof
Welcome to this rare BI-LEVEL house with a WALK-OUT basement in the community of SOUTHWOOD. This project is fully remodelled from the studs showing the excellent craftsmanship throughout with all the required permits. This amazing home is full of upg
INCREDIBLE VALUE! 3 BEDROOM/ 3 BATH, 2 STOREY LOCATED IN THE DESIRABLE COMMUNITY OF MARTINDALE. Almost 1500 Sq Ft of well developed living space in this lovely 3 bedroom family home in prime location. Abundant natural light permeates throughout this
Welcome to this updated side by side duplex in desirable Rosscarrock offering both sides for sale. Each unit features 821 sq. ft. on the main floor with a spacious living/dining area, 2 bedrooms, 4 pc. bath and kitchen. The lower level has 1 bedroom,
Welcome to this WELL DESIGNED & UPGRADED semi-detached residence with NEW carpet on main and upper, FRESH paint throughout, Hardie board siding, irrigation, BBQ gas line, +1738 SQFT of total living space, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, large REC ROOM in
You will fall in love with this beautiful custom built West Ridge Fine Home! Backing onto the prestigious Winston Golf Club, this two storey inner city masterpiece feature a butlers kitchen, fully equipped rec room and wet bar, homework nook and an o
GREAT 4 LEVEL SPLIT WITH DOUBLE FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE. FULL DEVELOPED. 3 BEDROOMS + FULL BATH +MASTER 2PCE ENSUITE. THIRD LEVEL HUGE FAMILY ROOM WITH STONE FIREPLACE +ANOTHER FULL BATH AND LARGE FOURTH BEDROOM. 4TH LEVEL BASEMENT ALSO DEVELOPED WITH
Congratulations!! *** The most enchanting lot in Bridlewood is now For Sale and you have the opportunity to own it. *** Breathtaking sunrises and sunsets await you in this thoughtfully, custom-designed home situated perfectly on a lovely landscaped l
Phase 1 of Discovery Ridge 90% sold out & and developed with Million Dollar Plus Homes. 50Ft Frontage , 100 Ft at rear backing onto Natural Reserve. & 127 Ft Deep, Total of 7, 728 Sq Foot Corner Lot in a Cul-de-Sac & Possible to Build 3 or 4 Car Gara
Elegant 2nd floor condo, facing south, overlooking the Elbow River and pathways! This unit offers generous room sizes throughout, all bathed in an abundance of natural light! This is a one-of-a-kind floor plan featuring a private foyer, huge master b
This townhome is exactly what everyone is looking for right now! Bright, open concept, modern, well laid out, and brand new! Located right next to a green space and close to schools and amenities, this home is perfect for a young family starting out.
Welcome to 3512 Brenner Drive NW, situated on a huge sunny tiered lot, nestled in a small alcove in the NW corner of Brentwood, across from the forest of Brenner park and within steps of the K-6 elementary school! This solid bungalow, has just been c
Here is your opportunity to live on a private, quiet cul-de-sac in the heart of Charleswood. Offered for the first time on the market, this charming two story home sits on a massive 8, 180 square foot south-backing lot surrounded by mature trees . Th
This FULLY RENOVATED, 1338 sq ft bungalow with a family-friendly floorplan in the SW community of Woodlands is just waiting for its new family! This 3 bedroom, 2 bath home has had EVERYTHING on the main floor completed and is ready to move into. This
FALL IN LOVE with this immaculate 2 story home built by Cardel with many UPGRADES throughout. A family friendly street, walking distance to K-5 school and close to all amenities, shopping & major transportation routes. The main floor features open co
Located just off of Memorial Drive and close to many amenities (schools, bus stops, shopping). Recent improvements are: Vinyl siding 2006, Shingles 2007, low maintenance Vinyl Fence 2008, Upstairs Laminate flooring 2010, hardwood stairs 2012, both ba
Unsurpassable location and maintenance-free living await in this beautifully updated 2-bedroom luxury villa-style bungalow on a quiet cul-de-sac in the premier adult living (21+) complex of Briar Oak Estates. This amazing home offers upgrades galore
Live in the Clairmont by Cedarglen Homes. This home is 2250 sq.ft. plus 566 sq.ft. of basement development. Open concept home feature a main floor flex room, open kitchen and great room. The upper floor features three large bedrooms, upper floor laun
Check-out this is a BIG LOT with a BUNGALOW and west sunset-view back yard that has ROOM FOR A TRIPLE GARAGE. This HOME FEATURES stucco exterior, hardwood, a fireplace, a master with ensuite and walk-in closet, and MULTIPLE TALL WINDOWS providing war
This stunningly renovated bungalow seamlessly combines beauty with an everyday practicality plus has the benefits of a legal basement suite ideal for a mother-in-law or mortgage helper. Situated on an oversized lot in the family-oriented community of
About Calgary, AB
If you are looking for a new place to call home, Calgary is the perfect city! This Alberta real estate hub has plenty of things to offer, including excellent schools and universities. To learn more about this wonderful city, keep reading below.
Calgary is the third most populous city in Canada. It is located at the confluence of the Bow and Elbow Rivers and has a population of over 1.3 million. Calgary’s economy relies on oil production, which was first found there in 1902. The fossil fuel industry still plays an important role to this day but additional contributors include financial services, transportation and logistics, food processing, and retail trade industries among its major employers.
Calgary is a great place to settle if you love to spend time outdoors. Eighty percent of Calgary’s land area consists of green space with many parks for residents to enjoy. There are also plenty of cultural attractions around town, including museums like Glenbow Museum or theatre productions available at Theatre Calgary. More local favourites in Calgary include the Calgary Zoo, which has over 150 species of animals and the iconic Saddledome where everyone can see a live hockey game. Calgary is one of the sunniest cities in Canada with more than 240 sunny days per year. Residents enjoy all four seasons and especially love winter because Calgary has some of the most beautiful snow-capped mountains on its outskirts.
Education is highly valued and the city offers a number of different schooling options. There are more than 210 schools in Calgary that provide K-12 programs which include French immersion, academic focus, and the arts. The city offers two universities: University of Calgary and Mount Royal University that offer undergraduate programs in addition to post-secondary education opportunities in research and graduate work.
One of the most important considerations for anyone buying a property in Calgary is location. Calgary has some very distinct areas that can offer different lifestyles and amenities to suit your needs, from the Westside with its wide open spaces, to downtown where you’ll find city life and plenty of green space near rivers, to Chinatown which offers a completely different culture and cuisine. The average price for homes in Calgary currently sits at $439,267, and the majority of homes in the area are single-family dwellings.
Calgary is a very walkable city, meaning that you can get to many of the attractions and neighbourhoods on foot. The C Train (or Calgary Transit) also provides excellent service throughout the downtown core and out into parts of northwest Calgary. Bicycles are available throughout the city if you want to explore the city on two wheels. Although, if you have your own car, there is an extensive network of highways, making it easy to get around Alberta’s largest metropolitan area with relative ease. The nearest airport is Calgary International Airport, offering flights to locations all over the world.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 647 km (402 miles) to Surrey
- 281km (175 miles) to Edmonton
- 656 km (407 miles) to Burnaby
- 662km (411 miles) to Vancouver
Things To Do in Calgary, AB
Calgary is well-known for its outdoor activities and natural beauty. A day of skiing at Sunshine Village can be followed by an evening in Calgary’s lively downtown, or vice versa! Here are some of the best ways to spend the day in Calgary:
- Heritage Park Historical Village is a living history museum that allows visitors to experience life as it was in Western Canada from 1885 onward. It’s also home to over 12 buildings with more than 30 historical exhibits showcasing Alberta’s early forestry and petroleum industries.
- The Calgary Zoo is one of Canada’s largest and most popular zoological parks, with over 75 acres to explore. Along the way you’ll see elephants, giraffes, lions, tigers, and other exotic animals from all around the world!
- The Calgary Stampede is a ten-day rodeo and festival held every July. It’s one of Canada’s most iconic festivals, with world-class athletes competing for prize money in various timed events like calf roping, steer wrestling, and barrel racing!
- Prince’s Island Park is a 25 Acre central park at the edge of Calgary’s downtown, with an expansive network of pathways for walking and running. It also has some beautiful waterfalls in the summer!
- The Glenbow Museum, Canada’s only museum dedicated solely to the art of Western civilization and contemporary art from North America. It features over 30 permanent galleries including a Canadian History Hall with a recreated prairie town in 1909 Alberta!
- The Bow River is Calgary’s primary river, running through the middle of town. It offers a great place to walk or run and fish for trout in season! In addition, it has some beautiful parks along its banks: Prince’s Island Park, Eau Claire Plaza/Rimrocks Ledge, and Fish Creek Provincial Park are all along the river.
- The Calgary Tower, once the tallest free-standing structure in Western Canada, is a terrific place to see all of downtown. It features an observation deck with panoramic views from up 110 stories!
- The newest addition to Calgary’s downtown, Studio Bell is a national Canadian landmark. It was designed by famed Montreal-based architect Moshe Safdie and houses the National Music Centre of Canada with three performance spaces for concerts, dance performances, and other events.
- Wonderland Sculpture Park is a private sculpture park with its own wildlife sanctuary in the middle of it. It features over 20 acres of open fields, gardens, and forest to explore!
- Bowness Park is the largest park in Calgary, spanning more than 400 acres. It offers everything from bicycle and kayak rentals to a playground with a water park!
- Stephen Avenue Walk is Calgary’s downtown pedestrian mall lined with restaurants, shops, and hotels. It features the iconic façade of the historic Hudson Bay Company store!
Calgary Day Trips
There are several day trips from Calgary that give you a chance to explore the Canadian Rockies. Whether you have only a few hours or a whole weekend, there is plenty to see around Calgary.
- The Canadian Badlands is a great day trip from Calgary. The badlands are home to many fossils and dinosaur bones, as well as the unique scenery of buttes made out of striated rock! Drumheller is the unofficial capital of the badlands, and a great day trip from Calgary. It features an impressive collection of dinosaur skeletons on display at its Royal Tyrrell Museum, Canada’s largest dinosaur museum!
- Banff National Park is a beautiful national park in Alberta, Canada. The name Banff comes from the Scottish Gaelic word for “bare mountain” and it’s famous for its long list of natural wonders! The iconic and picturesque spot is a must-see for any traveller to the area. Bears, mountain goats, and bighorn sheep are present in this beautiful park, for a unique experience you are sure to remember.
- Mossleigh is a small town in Alberta, Canada. This charming little place has seen significant growth recently and it’s getting more popular with locals and tourists alike! Mossleigh features an impressive agricultural scene of grain fields that are some of the best for growing in the province. Only an hour away from Calgary, there is very little light pollution in Mossleigh so it’s an excellent spot to try and catch the northern lights.
- Kananaskis is one of the most popular destinations in this province. This natural beauty has it all: river rapids for thrill seekers looking to get their adrenaline pumping, awe-inspiring mountain peaks and glacier valleys, and crystal blue lakes ripe with trout fishing opportunities. Kananaskis is only an hour drive from Calgary, and it’s an excellent place for a weekend getaway if you want to stay longer.