Grande Prairie, AB Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Grande Prairie AB Homes For Sale
LAKE VIEW ON THIS 5 ACRES! SO CLOSE TO TOWN JUST OFF THE NEW HI WAY 43X. ZONED CR5 READY TO BUILD YOUR DREAM HOME. UTILITIES AT THE PROPERTY LINE. SELLER IS A LICENSED REALTOR IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA – SELLER WILL CONSIDER HOLDING FOR BUYER/BUILDE
Older mobile home on its own lot, the sale is for lot value only, the home may not be safe to live in, and is sold "AS IS WHERE IS " No Warranties or Guarantees. (id:32990)
LOOKING FOR A GREAT INVESTMENT….LOOK NO FURTHER!! This Renovated Duplex Located In Hillside. Bright Open Floor Plan w/ 3 Bedrooms, 1 Full Bath per side. Patio Off The Living Room. Fenced Yard w/ Shed.This Side By Side Duplex On A Single Title, Sepa
Fully Developed! Investment Opportunity! Excellent Family Home! Great Location Backing onto Green Space! A functional flowing bungalow welcomes you! The main floor hosts a comfy cozy living room, and a galley style kitchen/ dining area. Down the hall
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING BUNGALOW ON LAKESHORE DRIVE WITH WALK-OUT BASEMENT AND TRIPLE CAR GARAGE! This home has recently undergone impressive updates including paint, appliances, quartz counter-tops, backsplash, in- law kitchen and much more! Driving up
Mortgage helper!! This open concept 1176 sq.ft bungalow home is sure to mark off everything on your list and more! Located in a great neighborhood and a park across the street! The kitchen showcases an abundance of cupboards and counter space connect
Stop throwing away your money on rent and own your own place. Awesome Bachelor Pad in Haywood Court, facing into the courtyard. Property features a great kitchen area with lots of cabinets and counter space. The balance of living area features a welc
BEAUTIFUL AND LARGE 2 STOREY ON BEAR CREEK WITH TRIPLE CAR GARAGE! You've likely driven by this home on the 'Twisties' carving through Bear Creek and marveled at it's charm and beauty! Well now is your chance to call it home. At well over 3000 sqft a
Enjoy luxury condo living at Inverness Estates in Northridge. This 2nd floor unit in Building C is turn-key with immediate possession! Open concept floor plan with 9 ft ceilings and lots of natural light. U-shaped kitchen includes plenty of maple cab
Check out this affordable & meticulously kept 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom Bi Level in Countryside North. This adorable home is the perfect starter to get into the market. The freshly painted main level features a large living room, full sized kitchen, a ma
FULLY DEVELOPED HOME IN LAKELAND WITH HUGE PRIVATE BACKYARD!!! This home would make a great investment or home for first time buyer!!! 4 bedrooms and 2 bathroom home offers open concept kitchen, dining and living room. Tile in the entrance and on the
BEAUTIFUL fully developed home on a quiet street in Pinnacle Ridge! This is a very spacious home that is close to schools, shopping, restaurants and several walking trails. Inside the home on the main level, you will find a large family room that ope
A stunning Modified Bi-Level with NO REAR NEIGHBOURS backing onto a park in CRYSTAL LANDING CLOSE TO IVY LAKE TRAIL! This 3 bedroom family home is in pristine condition, with magazine worthy finishes that give this home a true sense of QUALITY & STYL
HUGE 20'x30' 600 sq.ft. heated garage will keep everything warm & dry for the upcoming winter. A great property located next to a greenspace with back lane access and many interior upgrades completed. This home is a true show stopper with newer floor
Quick possession available on this very nice larger 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom home on quiet street with single attached garage in Westpointe. Features vaulted ceilings, open plan, gas fireplace in living room, three bedrooms on main floor, and full ensui
Recently renovated mobile home on owned lot in Creekside. New shingles, New vinyl plank flooring and Fresh paint throughout! Bright open concept main living area with spacious kitchen and newer appliances. Master suite is at the rear of the home with
Amazing location facing a huge park and greenspace close to walking trails. This 3 bedroom and 2.5 bath 2400 sq ft. bungalow also includes attached, heated double car garage and RV parking. Extremely well maintained with recent upgrades. Nicely lands
BEAUTIFUL BUNGALOW IN ROYAL OAKS! Backing onto the new Roy Bickel K-8 School, close to the new hospital, shopping, restaurants, and all the amenities! Spacious 3 bed, 2 bath first level features a dropped entry and open floor plan with vaulted ceilin
Welcome to this wonderful and spacious home on it's own lot in Creekside. Master bedroom shows off a walk in closet and full ensuite at the rear. Wide open main living area with plenty of counter space and hutch, corner pantry, and newer appliances.
BEAUTIFUL FULLY DEVELOPED HOME IN RIVERSTONE AND WALKING DISTANCE TO SCHOOL AND PLAYGROUND!!! This 4 bedroom and 3 bathroom home is very well taken care of and is freshly painted with new vinyl plank flooring and carpet. The kitchen has espresso cabi
About Grande Prairie, AB
Grande Prairie is a small and friendly city in Alberta with plenty of amenities for residents to enjoy. Grande Prairie has an active arts community, great schools, and a low crime rate. With all these benefits and more, you can find several reasons to settle down there. Although Grande Prairie tends to have a high cost of living, you’ll find the community is worth it. If you’re looking for homes in Grande Prairie, keep reading below to find out all about the location of your next home!
What is now the artsy and charming town of Grande Prairie was once the western terminus of the Canadian Pacific Railway. The town was originally called “Grahame” in 1882 after a railway official, but renamed to Grande Prairie (French for “large prairies”) by locals not long afterwards.
Grande Prairie is a popular place for families as it has one of the lowest crime rates around Canada. Grande Prairie also offers an excellent school system, with two public schools and three private schools. Home to Grande Prairie Regional College, your kids can go right from school into continued education without ever having to leave!
One of the best parts about living in Grande Prairie is the city’s natural beauty. Grande Prairie is surrounded by mountains on all sides, and the natural prairies are a beautiful feature in Grande Prairie. With low-lit areas all around, Grande Prairie also gives residents a good chance to see the Northern Lights. In Grande Prairie you can find plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy with your family or friends! There’s soccer, baseball, golfing, hiking trails (including one that leads right to Beaver Mines Regional Park), museums, and more. If you’re looking for something indoors there’s always a wide variety of shops you can find along 100th street. When it comes to top spots to visit in Grande Prairie, the Grande Prairie Regional Museum is an excellent place to start. The museum features exhibits on the history and culture of this amazing city, as well as a variety of art galleries that show the talents of local artists!
Looking for employment in Grande Prairie? The economy is primarily driven by the energy sector, but there are some great opportunities for new residents to get started in Grande Prairie. Small businesses are plentiful in Grande Prairie and there’s always room for more! Between the friendly people and breathtaking scenery, Grande Prairie has just what you need to feel comfortable in your new hometown.
The Grande Prairie, Alberta housing market is doing well. There are plenty of homes on the market priced from $180K to $400K on average. If you’re looking to rent a home in Grande Prairie there’s plenty of great choices available with prices starting at around $600 per month! The average listing time for properties for sale in Grande Prairie is just under 30 days, so if you find your perfect property quickly, it may be yours before someone else has an opportunity to snap it up! A majority of homes available in Grande Prairie are single-family homes with a variety of size options from one to four bedrooms.
Grande Prairie Transportation
You can get around Grande Prairie with ease thanks to their public transit system that offers buses and shuttle routes. The Grande Prairie Transit operates the buses in Grande Prairie while a third-party bus service is available for those who live outside of town. For those who prefer to tour the town on two feet, there is a walking map available for download so you can explore the historic buildings and sights on foot. Getting around in a car in Grande Prairie is also a relative breeze. Grande Prairie has an extensive series of highways to ease your traveling woes, and the community is situated away from any major metropolitan areas, making it easy to get in or out without much difficulty. The nearest airport to Grande Prairie is the Grande Prairie Airport, which is located just over two kilometres to the west of town.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 381km (237 miles) to Edmonton
- 548km (341 miles) to Calgary
- 710km (441 miles) to Vancouver
- 713km (443 miles) to Burnaby
Things To Do in Grande Prairie, AB
Here are the ten things you absolutely have to do when visiting Grande Prairie, Alberta. From joining a sports team to exploring our rich history, these are some of the best ways to experience life in Grande Prairie!
- The Eastlink Centre is one of the most popular places to go in Grande Prairie, Alberta. With an on-site movie theatre and two ice sheets for hockey games or figure skating practice, there’s a lot to do here. The Eastlink Centre also has fitness classes available like yoga, spin biking, pilates, and more!
- Muskoseepi Park is a place for everyone to enjoy. The park has nature paths, playgrounds, and sports fields. There are also picnic tables available as well as BBQ grills if you’re looking for an easy way to make lunch or dinner!
- The Grande Prairie Museum showcases the history of Alberta’s Natural Resources. From fossils to mining equipment, there is always something new and interesting on display! Open 7 days a week, this free museum is an amazing way to pass some time in Grande Prairie.
- Saskatoon Island Provincial Park is one of Alberta’s best provincial parks. It has beautiful beaches and hiking trails that are excellent for viewing wildlife such as moose, elk, deer, beavers, and waterfowl!
- The Grant Berg Gallery houses a collection of contemporary art from Alberta and Canada. With an eclectic array of paintings, sketches, photography, and sculptures on display showcasing the evolution of Canadian artists in the past century, this is one gallery you won’t want to miss!
- Nitehawk is Alberta’s newest year-round adventure park! Choose from an unbelievable list of attractions: zip lines, a bungee trampoline, zorbing balls, and the ultimate in outdoor thrills – a treetop maze. You’ll have hours to explore with your friends or family before you need to head back home.
- The Grande Prairie Visitor Information Centre is a great place to start your adventure in Alberta. Step inside and get information on what’s happening around town, or plan a visit with one of our friendly staff members!.
- Great Northern Casino Grande Prairie is a top destination for entertainment and gaming in Alberta. We offer great table games, poker room, slots, and more!
- Moonshine Lake Provincial Park is a world-class Alberta provincial park that offers plenty of outdoor adventures for all ages. It’s one of the most popular attractions in Grande Prairie and is definitely worth checking out!
- Prairie Mall is a one-stop shop for all your shopping needs. With over 130 stores and services, you’ll find the perfect item here! Spend the day going into shop after shop, or get a bite to eat with friends in the food court. Whichever way you spend your day, Prairie Mall is sure to impress.
Grande Prairie Day Trips
There are a plethora of beautiful places to see right outside your back door when you live in Grande Prairie. If you’re looking to take the family for a unique day out or just hoping to find your own escape for a few hours, here are some of our favourite trips out of Grande Prairie:
- Alberta Badlands
- The Alberta Badlands are a series of badland areas in the province’s southwest region. The terrain is composed primarily of large, angular rock formations and ravines typical for this type of landscape. This area has significant cultural value to Canada as an important First Nations territory and place that marks the transition from prairies to mountain ranges (the Canadian Rockies). For a grandiose landscape that will take your breath away, go for a picnic or hike at Dinosaur Provincial Park, or explore Drumheller Valley.
- Kiskatinaw Bridge
- The Kiskatinaw River is a tributary of the Athabasca, in Alberta Canada. The Kiskatinaw Bridge was constructed by a group of American engineers. It’s now considered an Alberta historic site, and it stands as a beautiful reminder of the times when the province was just beginning to boom with resources and development. The bridge spans over 100-feet across the river valley where you can find impressive rock cliffs on either side, as well as large boulders scattered about below, making this area perfect for hiking or picnicking.
- Dawson Creek
- Located in British Columbia, Dawson Creek provides close access to recreation such as skiing, golfing, hiking, and fishing. There are plenty of things you can do there year-round! The town also offers fantastic family attractions like two zoos and the Science Centre, so no matter what your age, boredom will be hard to come by when visiting Dawson Creek.
- Two Lakes/Kakwa Falls
- A hike that is worth the effort and time – the Two Lakes/Kakwa Falls trail. This spot offers two stunning lakes for swimming, fishing, or paddling a canoe across. Not to mention, the Kakwa falls are surrounded by mountains making it picturesque to say the least! Only about an hour and a half from Grande Prairie, Alberta – this area is worth the trek.