Yarmouth, NS Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Yarmouth NS Homes For Sale
Opportunity knocks! This 4 unit, 2 level building is unique in many ways. It was built in 1985 and has been well cared for through the years. Each unit features an eat-in oak kitchen, large pantry with laundry, spacious and sunny 12 x 17 ft living ro
Rare acreage in the North End of the Town of Yarmouth. One lot is 2 acres, the second is 2.6 acres. This could lead to an amazing development opportunities! Across from NSCC, sidewalks, and close to all amenities. Sellers are willing to sell these lo
7 acres in the North end of the rapidly growing Town of Yarmouth! This property has many possibilities for development, is currently zoned R-H – Residential Holding which currently allows for single detached dwellings, residential care facilities, tw
Welcome to 10 Park St., a large family home on a quiet street within a short walking distance of downtown restaurants and amenities.With a sunny den off the kitchen, this house provides private space to work remotely.You could also use the den as an
20 Starrs Road Yarmouth is centrally located in Yarmouth within walking distance to all amenities. You can work from home with strong internet or walk to work if needed. The proeprty is priced to sell with ample room for a family. Call to see if this
Well-maintained 2 bedroom home (potentially 3 bedroom) on a corner lot in the Town of Yarmouth. This home has had numerous upgrades in the last few years, some of which include: new kitchen countertops and backsplash, fresh paint, smart thermostat (N
The MacKinnon-Cann Inn is truly a destination Nova Scotia Inn for sale. Also being offered is the Charles Moody House Executive Apartments which highlights 3 outstanding rental units. Nova Scotia's rich seafaring history has produced these architectu
Welcome to 71 Brunswick Street! This updated home in the sought after center town location is looking for the next family to call it home. On the main level of the home you will find a mudroom with laundry, convenient half-bath, beautiful kitchen wit
238 acre property nestled in the community of East Kemptville. This property includes the beautiful and private main house with attached garage, along with a guest home which is move in ready! The property features 1 Km of river frontage and 1200 fee
33 Breeze Drive is ready to go. This all on one level home is a great alternative to building. It is fresh and clean and as good as new. This 2 bedroom 1.5 bath home with attached garage and laundry all easily accessed with in floor heat for total co
Location! Location! Location! 5 bedroom 2 bath home with attached garage. This charming home features spacious rooms, hardwood floors, newer appliances, new electrical panel, new partial roofing, (Garage/Kitchen area), new WETT certified wood burning
Beautiful cleared lots ready for building in a central location close to schools and shopping. Included in the sale is Lot 3 (residential) and Lot 4 (resource) directly on Pleasant Street and the treed lot (Parcel B) behind the properties. PID bounda
3 unit investment opportunity in South Yarmouth. This property features a 2 bedroom unit & 1 bedroom unit on the main level, and a 2 bedroom unit on the second level. Close to all local amenities. All units are currently rented. (id:32990)
Welcome to "The Bower" This Queen Anne Revival Style home built in 1897-1898 is just awaiting a new owner. This historical style home situated on a corner lot in Yarmouth will not disappoint you.A partially fenced in garden with lots of perennials an
Commercial corner lot with fantastic exposure on the busy corner of Pleasant Street and Starrs Road abuts the Yarmouth Mall. This would be a great opportunity for a business in many sectors, as it's in a prime building lot location. (id:32990)
Welcome to 110 Herbert street where location is key! Large windows allow the natural light to flow in this 3 bedroom 1.5 bath home. On the lower level, you'll be greeted with a large landing, primary and secondary bedroom, full bath and laundry. On t
Welcome to 42 Vancouver Street/ 1 Cooks Lane. Conveniently located just a few moments drive from downtown Yarmouth (and just a short walk to the local hospital) this 2 unit investment property could be the one you've been waiting for! 42 Vancouver is
Beautiful 3-4 Bedroom semi-detached home in the North End of the Town of Yarmouth. This is a highly sought-after location and is within walking distance of all amenities. There are 3 full levels of living in the home. On the main level, you have the
Great Opportunity in the Town of Yarmouth. Come check out this Large 3 Acre lot. Only a 2 minutes drive to all major amenities. Water & sewer available for hook up. Potential to subdivide and add value. First image is initial plans owner had for the
Welcome to 1173 Highway 3 Middle East Pubnico. This oceanfront home is situated overlooking Pubnico Harbour that feeds out into Lobster Bay on the Atlantic Coast. This Harbour front 2.5 acre 160-year-old craftsman house has 2 baths and 3 bedrooms. Th
About Yarmouth, NS
The town of Yarmouth has a population of around 7,000 people and is located on the south shore of Nova Scotia. It’s a small town with a lot going on. You’ll find everything you need here, from food stores to clothing shops to nature hikes. Whether you are looking to spend some time along the picturesque Nova Scotia coast or relax at a local cafè, you’ll love your charming new hometown of Yarmouth.
Yarmouth’s real estate market was recently coined as one of Canada’s hottest housing markets, with the average home price jumping 68% in one year. Even after the price jump, Yarmouth continues to be one of the country’s most affordable cities. The average home price is around $166,000. If you’re looking to get out of the hustle of large cities and settle in a slow-paced town, Yarmouth could be your perfect place.
While Yarmouth is a smaller town, there are plenty of things in the city to keep you occupied. Cape Forchu Lighthouse, Frost Park, and Murray Manor Art & Culture House are some of the most popular local spots. Take a walk along the waterfront or catch some fish for a fresh dinner. Don’t worry if cooking isn’t your thing; you’ll find plenty of restaurants with fresh seafood options throughout Yarmouth to satisfy your appetite.
Yarmouth’s economy is heavily connected to the fishing, farming, and forestry industries. If you’re looking for a career in the marine industry, Yarmouth could be the place for you. The town has a number of fishing companies and boat-building facilities that offer good jobs to those who want to work on the water.
Education opportunities are plentiful in Yarmouth, and the city prides itself on accommodating families with whatever schooling options they need. Aside from the English-based school system, Yarmouth also offers an Acadian School System and has 7 French schools within the county. With several primary and secondary schools, a community college, and a school for children with special needs within the county, Yarmouth offers opportunities for everyone.
If you’re moving to Yarmouth, it’s important to know how to get around. There are a variety of transportation options in Yarmouth, including bus service and taxi cabs. If you are taking the bus, Yarmouth uses the “Flag Stop System,” which allows you to flag down the bus wherever you need to be picked up along its route. This convenience makes it easy to get around Yarmouth if you have to depend on public transportation. In addition, biking is a popular way to get from one place to another, and sidewalks in the city make it easy to do so. Yarmouth also has plenty of parking and highways running through it, so driving your own car is a great way to get around as well. If you ever have to fly out of the city, Yarmouth International Airport offers domestic and international flights.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 223km (138 miles) to Halifax
- 429km (266 miles) to Boston, MA
- 526km (327 miles) to Quebec City
- 623km (387 miles) to Longueuil
Things To Do in Yarmouth, NS
When moving to Yarmouth, you’ll be excited to find so many things to do. There are special events and festivals going on throughout the year, and a variety of places to go year-round! Here are some of the top Yarmouth spots to visit:
- The Cape Forchu Lighthouse is one of the most iconic lighthouses in Nova Scotia and is situated on a beautiful peninsula near Yarmouth. It was built in 1861 on the south end of Cape Forchu and illuminated about 2 years later. Visitors can climb up the lighthouse for stunning views of the ocean and enjoy a meal at its restaurant as well. The lighthouse looks even more stunning at night when it’s lit up with its bright white light.
- Frost Park is a popular place to go with the whole family! It features two playgrounds, an outdoor rink, and tennis courts. Frost Park is the perfect place for a weekend morning baseball game or a fun afternoon playing tennis in the park.
- The CAT is a replica of the ferry used to sail from Yarmouth’s Main Street to Port Maitland. The catamaran operates on-demand and gives you the option of renting out your own private cruise. You can enjoy food and drinks while cruising through some of Nova Scotia’s most beautiful scenery.
- Heritage Brewing Company is home to many of Nova Scotia’s local craft beers! With a large selection of fresh beer, you’re sure to find a brew that you’ll enjoy. The brewery also hosts live music performances and other events throughout the year.
- Founded in the 1960s, W. Laurence Sweeney Fisheries Museum is one of Yarmouth’s most popular attractions. The museum features a historic ship built in 1888 and had been used for fishing on Nova Scotia’s South Shore for many decades. The museum also features exhibits on fishery in Nova Scotia and has changing exhibits that focus on various issues relating to the ocean.
- The Yarmouth County Museum and Archives gives visitors a look at local history. Here, you can learn about Yarmouth’s heritage, including the stories of people, places, and events that shaped the community today. The museum also has many artifacts from throughout Nova Scotia’s past!
- Murray Manor is a museum, art gallery, and cultural space in Yarmouth. The building was originally opened in 1916 as a home for Dr. John Murray until it was converted into an art and culture house. Visitors to the manor can find rotating exhibits of both local artists and national/international artists from around the world. It’s the perfect place to spend an afternoon exploring and enjoying local artwork.
- Yarmouth Waterfront Gallery is a non-profit business that Yarmouth volunteers run . The gallery features the work of many local artists and hosts live music performances and other events in its beautiful space.
- The Firefighters’ Museum of Nova Scotia is a local Yarmouth attraction dedicated to honouring the work of firemen in Nova Scotia. The museum features demonstrations, exhibitions, and other events that celebrate firefighters’ contributions.
- John’s Cove Beach is on the South Shore of Nova Scotia. It’s an extremely popular place for families to visit and features many amenities like washrooms, picnic tables, public parking, and more.
Yarmouth Day Trips
If you’re moving to Yarmouth, we bet you’ll be spending a lot of time exploring the area. Are you ready for your next adventure? There are many interesting things to do within a couple of hours of Yarmouth, and here are some of our suggestions:
- One of the most beautiful and protected bays in Nova Scotia, St. Mary’s Bay is a great place to relax and unwind. Just an hour and a half away, the area features rocky shorelines, small islands with red and white lighthouse beacons, and sea caves that lure divers from around the world. Here, you’ll also find quaint villages with local charm like Haliburton Village (the oldest lighthouse in Canada), North Rustico, and Noel.
- This beautiful park is located 2 hours away from Yarmouth and offers hiking trails, picnic areas, a campground, beaches, swimming, and fishing. The coastal forests are home to moose, lynx, and black bears. This park includes all that you’d look for in a summer day trip. It’s also near Fort Lawrence National Historic Site, which features a reconstruction of a 19th-century fort featuring historical buildings.