Prince George, BC Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Prince George BC Homes For Sale
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. If you are looking for an outstanding quality custom-built home, here it is. Tucked away on a quiet cul-de-sac in university Heights is this stunning seven-bedroom home sitting on a large lot backing onto gr
Attention Investors! Great revenue in a well maintained unit. Good tenants, nothing to do except sit back and collect revenue. Prop management in place. (id:32990)
Here's a suite deal. Basement has an unauthorized one bedroom suite with it's own side door entrance and laundry. Put a door in and make it a 2 bedroom suite if you like or keep it like it is and have three bedrooms up and another bedroom down or a r
RT2 (duplex) zoned corner lot at 8th Ave. Close to all amenities and services are connected to an existing dwelling of little value that would be easy to remove. Drive by for a look, but act fast as these infill lots are rare. (id:32990)
Opportunities like this don't come often, don't miss out on your chance to restore this spacious rancher on 10 acres to its former glory! Built in 1995 this home features 3 gas fireplaces, gas to the range (currently electric), formal and informal li
Great affordable home in The Hart. Downsizers or first time home buyers will want to take a look at this one. 2 bedrooms, an office, one four piece bathroom, good sized kitchen and a large living room on the main floor. The basement consists of a wid
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Great investment opportunity! This 3 bedroom up, 2 bedroom down suite is located on Upland. Close to shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. Upstairs features lots of natural light with an open kitchen/din
This 4 bedroom. 3 bath home in the sought-after Westgate area is sure to please. Hardwood floor and tile greet you upon entry in the spacious living /dining room combo. Enjoy company in the family room. area, while you create either in the attached k
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. This classic character home has two bedrooms, one bathroom, coved ceiling in the living room, hardwood flooring in the living room & both bedrooms. It has a full basement. There is a fully fenced backyard, s
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Fantastic near new home in Charella/Starlane. 3 bdrms, 2 baths up and a fully self contained one bedroom suite down as well as a den. Two covered decks at front and rear. Fenced back yard. (id:32990)
Well maintained home with 3 bedrooms and 1 bath upstairs and downstairs. All appliances included. Sits on a duplex lot and has lane access. Unauthorized suite downstairs with OSBE. Currently tenant occupied. (id:32990)
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Great location. Three-bedroom house with full basement with inlaw suite. Could easily be turned into a full suite. Big fenced back yard for the kids and a huge area to run and play across the street. (id:329
With new furnace & HWT installed in 2020 & roof re-done in 2017 all of the big stuff is taken care of with this one! This home has plenty of space for a family & even has most of the work done to add in a 1 or 2 bdrm suite. With 3 bdrms up, large liv
Solid family home in a great community with easy access to an abundance of amenities. Desirable floor plan, is ready for a modernization – allowing for a custom update to make your vision a reality. Galley kitchen with plenty of counter & cabinet spa
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Three-bedroom, one-bathroom home in desirable LaFreniere. Bright, open, and clean. You won't be disappointed. Large deck, great fenced backyard for the kids. Perfect starter home or downsizing option. (id:32
Tastefully updated house. New roof, furnace, hot water tank, kitchen, new basement bathroom and more. Move-in ready. All you have to do is explore this fantastic subdivision and find all the major shopping, educational, and religious amenities. Defin
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Easy Living! Welcome to unit #309 in Vida Townhouse Complex. Built in 2016 this unit is in fantastic condition. Main floor has a open bright floor plan with large open kitchen with quartz countertop, sit up
Build your dream home on this 5 acre lot, only a few hops, skips and jumps from Nukko Lake. Not only are there two lakes near this property, but also an elementary school, community hall and rodeo grounds. Enjoy this peaceful lifestyle away from it a
Welcome to 4237 Morgan Crescent located in the desirable Pinewood area. This well cared for 3 bed 2 bath home offers a single-car garage and a beautifully fenced yard with a large sundeck. Lots of updates throughout including new windows, hot water t
Own your piece of paradise, this amazing 36 acres has it all! Starting with a 5000 square foot 3 bedroom 5 bathroom two-storey & basement house. Brand new fully renovated kitchen with high end appliances including 2 ovens and two dishwashers; great f
About Prince George, BC
Prince George offers so many things to do, and the real estate market has seen a lot of growth in recent years. If you’re considering buying property or investing in Prince George real estate, this page will give you some information about what life is like in Prince George and what’s available for purchase in the area.
The history of Prince George, as a Canadian city, begins in the late 1800s. Forestry and agriculture were important industries for the area, but it wasn’t until 1914 that Prince George became incorporated as a town with more than 5000 residents. The economy is still driven by forestry, but now it’s also driven by natural gas extraction from coal beds, tourism, farming (hay production), and manufacturing of items like farm machinery, paper, and lumber.
Those who call Prince George home enjoy it because it’s a slower pace of life, with the city being more spread out than a larger hub like Vancouver. The size of Prince George makes it possible to find plenty of outdoor activities, places to explore, and natural wonders to enjoy. Skiing is popular among Prince George residents and visitors alike – there are five ski hills within an hour’s drive from town. For those looking for some calmer activities, Prince George has several cycling and walking trails. The city also has many great public amenities to enjoy, from the sprawling Paulatuk Memorial Gardens Park to spectacular mountain views day or night.
Prince George has been rated the “Best Place to Raise Kids” by MoneySense magazine for four years in a row and is ranked as one of Canada’s top-five most affordable places to live. Local schools in Prince George are of high quality, and they offer a wide variety of programs for students at all levels.
The real estate market in Prince George is a diverse mix of older and newer homes. There are a number of new subdivisions in the city, but many people prefer to renovate an old home or settle down in one that has been passed down through generations. A majority of the homes in Prince George are single-family detached, and the average home price is just over $300,000. Settling in Prince George is best for those who enjoy a slower pace and the peace of mind that comes from being surrounded by natural beauty.
Prince George Transportation
If you’re wondering about how to get around Prince George, there are a few different options. If you have a car, this is the best way to experience all that your new town has to offer! However, parking downtown is primarily street and metered parking, so if you want to avoid that, a different method may be best. In that case, there are public buses you can use for transport if you want to save some money and explore on foot. Finally, Prince George also offers bikes to rent to help you move about the city if that’s your preferred method.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 516km (320 miles) from Vancouver
- 521km (323 miles) from Burnaby
- 535km (332 miles) from Surrey
- 611km (379 miles) from Victoria
Things To Do in Prince George, BC
Prince George offers nature loving residents plenty of different options to explore. Between parks, recreation areas and the amazing outdoor adventures that surround Prince George, residents always have something to do. Here are some top picks for things to do around Prince George:
- Northern Lights Estate Winery is a family owned and operated winery that has been around for over 35 years. It offers visitors an opportunity to taste the best wines in Canada, as well as explore Prince George’s premier wine country.
- Cottonwood Island Nature Park is a popular Prince George destination for residents and visitors. It offers plenty of different outdoor activities including nature walks, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, and bird watching.
- Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park is an urban park that offers residents a chance to enjoy the beauty that Prince George has to offer. A favorite destination for kids, it has plenty of play equipment and picnic areas.
- The Prince George Railway Museum is a popular destination for families and history buffs. It offers visitors the chance to explore and travel through time by train, bus, or horse-drawn wagon.
- The Exploration Place Museum and Science Centre is a place for people of all ages to learn about the world around them. Visitors can explore natural history, human geography, and science experiments from other cultures.
- Dine, drink and lounge at Huble Homestead. This restaurant offers a unique experience from their delicious dinner menu to the live entertainment on stage every night of the week.
- This beautiful provincial park offers visitors a chance to canoe, hike and camp. Beautifully clear water makes it a perfect spot for fishing, and ample space makes for plenty of room to relax outdoors.
- Teapot Mountain is one of the most popular hikes in Prince George. Named for its teapot-shaped peak, it’s a perfect hike for families and has spectacular views at the top!
- Connaught Hill Park is a popular spot for Prince George residents to go walking, cycling, or just relax. There are plenty of trails that offer beautiful views of the city and Fraser River Valley below.
- As Prince George’s only brewery and distillery, this spot has plenty of outdoor seating, great food, live music on Saturdays, and a large selection of microbrews and hand-crafted spirits!
Prince George Day Trips
If you’re looking to explore British Columbia outside of Prince George, there are several day trips to choose from. A majority of Prince George day trips will offer an expanded look of the area’s beauty and natural wonder. Here are some of our favorites:
- Fort Fraser
- Fort Fraser was established by the Hudson Bay Company in 1862 where it served as a trading post and fur-gathering depot. It’s about a two-hour drive northeast of Prince George and is one of the best preserved historic buildings in British Columbia.
- Skagit River Provincial Park
- Skagit River Provincial Park is Canada’s first designated waterfowl park. It’s a popular fly-fishing destination with plenty of fish, game, and birds to hunt or observe. It’s only an hour and a half southeast of Prince George.
- Ksan Historical Village
- Ksan Historical Village is about 40 minutes from Prince George and is a great place to see traditional First Nations culture. Ksan has been in existence since the 1890s, showcasing how indigenous peoples lived before they were impacted by European settlers.
- Nahatlatch Falls
- This is a great day trip for people who love hiking and the outdoors. It’s about an hour north of Prince George, but it’s worth your time! The Falls offer one of the most beautiful views in British Columbia, so if you’re looking for a day trip to enjoy some hiking, this is the perfect trip for you.
- Aldergrove Regional Park
- If you want to get outside in nature without having to travel too far from town, this park is perfect. You have your choice of piers, beaches, and trails to explore!