Prince George, BC Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Prince George BC Homes For Sale
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. What a great chance to get into the market at an affordable price. This mobile home provides tons of value with a large addition, newer furnace and a few newer window. The large lot provides lots of space fo
ONLY 3 LEFT! – Brand new – open floor plan 2-bedroom plus a den with view of the courtyard and partial view of the park. Quiet, facing north, includes 6 appliances. Custom cabinets, granite countertops, radiant in-floor heat and natural gas fireplace
This 4 bedroom 2 bathroom home includes a mortgage helper and is located on the quiet end of Spruce Street right off of Ferry Ave. Upstairs offers a huge master bedroom with cheater ensuite, natural gas fireplace, and bright open kitchen and dining a
Great starter home or rental unit in the VLA! This spacious half duplex located on a greenbelt comes with a fully fenced yard and carport. It has a separate basement entry with laundary/kitchen up and down. This unit could be suited with some renevat
Amazing family home in the desirable Westwood neighbourhood. There is a fantastic master bedroom, featuring a walk-in closet and spa like ensuite, with a soaker tub and separate shower. The next largest bedroom on the main has it's own 1/2 bath, and
Opportunities like this don't come often, don't miss out on your chance to restore this spacious rancher on 10 acres to its former glory! Built in 1995 this home features 3 gas fireplaces, gas to the range (currently electric), formal and informal li
4 Bedroom 2 Bathroom home located in Western Acres on a .23 acre lot – just minutes from College Heights, but tucked away in a country setting! Upstairs has seen recent updates that have really freshened up this family home – bright, new kitchen in t
This 5 bedroom, 2 bath home in Lafreniere sub is move in ready and has plenty of room for the growing family! The house has a new roof completed in 2021, HWT 2019, and new sun deck 2019. There is an unauthorized 2 bedroom suite downstairs with shared
Wonderful sprawling 2, 798 sq ft 5 bedroom (3 up, 2 down) 2 full bathrooms on a private landscaped 5 acres just minutes south of Pr George. The exterior features newer roof shingles, newer vinyl windows, awesome south facing 530 sq ft composite sunde
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Super cute 3 season cabin with 3 bedrooms and 1 full bath plus outhouse on 1.72 acre lot. Nice and close to the lake with sundeck to enjoy with family and friends. Docks system may be included. Ask your REAT
Beautiful family home on popular Marleau Road offers. Stunning post and beam interior decor with hardwood flooring throughout main floor. Gorgoeous master bedroom with baulted ceilings, fullt ensuite and soaker tub. Ma.n floor boasts 4 bedrooms 2 bat
Welcome to 6894 Westgate Court. This beautiful unique home has a bright open floor plan with amazing vaulted ceilings, 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It is situated on a Cul-de-sac and the private backyard looks out on to the school field. There is an a
Fantastic family home sitting on 1/3 acre in a great area! Offering plenty of natural light this open concept home welcomes you the moment you walk in the door. Boasting hardwood and tile floors, the inviting family room with vaulted ceilings flows s
Under Construction – Possession OCTOBER 2021. Beautiful new home built by Fortwood Homes & Sons Ltd. Features include: 4 bedrooms up, open concept with kitchen island and vaulted ceiling, and front covered veranda. Located in Phase 4 of Creekside Pro
All the bells and whistles! If there was an add-on or option, its almost certainly here! Large (1140 sq. ft.) 2018 manufactured home with manufacturer warranty. 2×6 construction with winter package. Extra large windows, carpets and fans in all the be
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Great Home is Central Area. Just accross the street from Pine Centre Mall, Main City Bus Stop, Restaurants and more….this 2000 sq/ft home is currently fulll rented for $2700/month and is in good condition.
6 bedrooms, 3 bath, almost 2, 800 sq. ft. large home with outside basement entrance in desirable Hart Highlands area. As per seller, roof 2017, hot water tank 2021, furnace around 15 years old and gets serviced. Large fenced backyard and carport. Thi
Fantastic family home, fitting for first-time home buyers, investors that want a mortgage helper. With three bedrooms and two bathrooms, you do not want to miss this. All of the big-ticket items have been recently done. The roof was done in 2018 with
Top floor unit is south facing with maximum light and sunshine. 2 nice size bedrooms, master with 3 pce. ensuite and walk in closet. Well maintained, spotless unit offers the convenience of being close to amenities and on a quiet street. In suite sto
STUNNING HOME AT A GREAT PRICE! This home on the Hart has it all: beautifully renovated interior & exterior, private fenced yard with large covered deck, double garage (wired) with attached shop, all for under $350K! Step into the foyer from the cove
About Prince George, BC
Prince George offers so many things to do, and the real estate market has seen a lot of growth in recent years. If you’re considering buying property or investing in Prince George real estate, this page will give you some information about what life is like in Prince George and what’s available for purchase in the area.
The history of Prince George, as a Canadian city, begins in the late 1800s. Forestry and agriculture were important industries for the area, but it wasn’t until 1914 that Prince George became incorporated as a town with more than 5000 residents. The economy is still driven by forestry, but now it’s also driven by natural gas extraction from coal beds, tourism, farming (hay production), and manufacturing of items like farm machinery, paper, and lumber.
Those who call Prince George home enjoy it because it’s a slower pace of life, with the city being more spread out than a larger hub like Vancouver. The size of Prince George makes it possible to find plenty of outdoor activities, places to explore, and natural wonders to enjoy. Skiing is popular among Prince George residents and visitors alike – there are five ski hills within an hour’s drive from town. For those looking for some calmer activities, Prince George has several cycling and walking trails. The city also has many great public amenities to enjoy, from the sprawling Paulatuk Memorial Gardens Park to spectacular mountain views day or night.
Prince George has been rated the “Best Place to Raise Kids” by MoneySense magazine for four years in a row and is ranked as one of Canada’s top-five most affordable places to live. Local schools in Prince George are of high quality, and they offer a wide variety of programs for students at all levels.
The real estate market in Prince George is a diverse mix of older and newer homes. There are a number of new subdivisions in the city, but many people prefer to renovate an old home or settle down in one that has been passed down through generations. A majority of the homes in Prince George are single-family detached, and the average home price is just over $300,000. Settling in Prince George is best for those who enjoy a slower pace and the peace of mind that comes from being surrounded by natural beauty.
Prince George Transportation
If you’re wondering about how to get around Prince George, there are a few different options. If you have a car, this is the best way to experience all that your new town has to offer! However, parking downtown is primarily street and metered parking, so if you want to avoid that, a different method may be best. In that case, there are public buses you can use for transport if you want to save some money and explore on foot. Finally, Prince George also offers bikes to rent to help you move about the city if that’s your preferred method.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 516km (320 miles) from Vancouver
- 521km (323 miles) from Burnaby
- 535km (332 miles) from Surrey
- 611km (379 miles) from Victoria
Things To Do in Prince George, BC
Prince George offers nature loving residents plenty of different options to explore. Between parks, recreation areas and the amazing outdoor adventures that surround Prince George, residents always have something to do. Here are some top picks for things to do around Prince George:
- Northern Lights Estate Winery is a family owned and operated winery that has been around for over 35 years. It offers visitors an opportunity to taste the best wines in Canada, as well as explore Prince George’s premier wine country.
- Cottonwood Island Nature Park is a popular Prince George destination for residents and visitors. It offers plenty of different outdoor activities including nature walks, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, and bird watching.
- Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park is an urban park that offers residents a chance to enjoy the beauty that Prince George has to offer. A favorite destination for kids, it has plenty of play equipment and picnic areas.
- The Prince George Railway Museum is a popular destination for families and history buffs. It offers visitors the chance to explore and travel through time by train, bus, or horse-drawn wagon.
- The Exploration Place Museum and Science Centre is a place for people of all ages to learn about the world around them. Visitors can explore natural history, human geography, and science experiments from other cultures.
- Dine, drink and lounge at Huble Homestead. This restaurant offers a unique experience from their delicious dinner menu to the live entertainment on stage every night of the week.
- This beautiful provincial park offers visitors a chance to canoe, hike and camp. Beautifully clear water makes it a perfect spot for fishing, and ample space makes for plenty of room to relax outdoors.
- Teapot Mountain is one of the most popular hikes in Prince George. Named for its teapot-shaped peak, it’s a perfect hike for families and has spectacular views at the top!
- Connaught Hill Park is a popular spot for Prince George residents to go walking, cycling, or just relax. There are plenty of trails that offer beautiful views of the city and Fraser River Valley below.
- As Prince George’s only brewery and distillery, this spot has plenty of outdoor seating, great food, live music on Saturdays, and a large selection of microbrews and hand-crafted spirits!
Prince George Day Trips
If you’re looking to explore British Columbia outside of Prince George, there are several day trips to choose from. A majority of Prince George day trips will offer an expanded look of the area’s beauty and natural wonder. Here are some of our favorites:
- Fort Fraser was established by the Hudson Bay Company in 1862 where it served as a trading post and fur-gathering depot. It’s about a two-hour drive northeast of Prince George and is one of the best preserved historic buildings in British Columbia.
- Barkerville National Historic Site is located a few hours away from Prince George, opening for most of the summer months. The reception centre is open from 8am to 6:30pm during the summer months, and you should visit Barkerville in two days unless you’re traveling with kids.
- Another nearby historic site, Fort St. James National Historic Site, is only 3 hours northwest of Prince George and features weekend events on gorgeous Stewart Lake. Visit Woody’s in Vanderhoof for freshly baked goods before taking a day dip- it’s worth it!
- An hour’s drive east on Highway 16 from Prince George, The Ancient Forest is an inland rainforest protected area. There are trails with options depending on how much time you want to spend here. For those unable to use wood planks there is a 15 minute wheelchair-accessible portion of the trail that provides access to some of the falls view