St. Johns, NL Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed St. Johns, NL Homes For Sale
Cute, cozy and totally detached, this well maintained two stry home is located in centre city and a short walk to downtown St John's. This home boast a super large back garden….a perfect place to run and exercise your dog, enjoy the afternoon sun o
LOCATED WALKING DISTANCE TO MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY AND HEALTH SCIENCE ! This condo is ground level , very bright and has a front facing patio with views of ST JOHNS ! Perfect for students or those looking to downsize or for a rental property ! This part
Great Opportunity for investors or first-time home buyers, registered 2 Apartment detached house with off street parking on an oversize lot (40*149). Located on the doorstep of downtown, elementary school and shopping area. This house offers 4 bedroo
50+ condo living with wheelchair access & lots of complimentary amenities all included with your condo fees .Main floor living with over 900 square feet in a beautiful , new bright and clean building in the prime east-end location . Theses suites off
Location tells it all located walking distance to schools , stores , university , health science, you name you can access it from this area.well maintained three bedroom house .hardwood on living room .The basement has rec room and half bathroom and
Located on the east side of Allandale Road, this 63.14 acre estate running along side Pippy Park golf course is waiting for you. Build your own private estate with views of the harbor and Signal Hill. Facing east overlooking Pippy Park Golf course. T
Welcome to 81 Watson Street this move in ready multi level townhouse situated in the East End has been well loved and is ready for new owners! Featuring 5 stories of living space this home is more than meets the eye. Find the large bright eat in kitc
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO OWN THIS LAND ON EAST WHITE HILLS ROAD ! OVER 2 AND A HALF ACRES with direct access to the highway , great visibility and location for recycling companies or steel fabrication , heavy equipment, many options . This land is zoned
Rare Find!! Off Street parking for 2 plus Cars in the Center City!! This well kept property has many upgrades over the years featuring Vinyl Siding with Firewall full right exterior wall, hardwood floors, three mini splits, upgraded bathroom, electri
4 Bedroom Grade Level Bungalow with a walk-out basement and in-law apartment, sitting a park like lot with a mature trees and greenbelt. This property is located in a prestigious area….near school and university! Great reno opportunity! (id:32990)
QUALITY BUILD DUPLEX – can start ASAP! Brand new 3 Bedroom 2.5 Bath 2 Story nwith in house garage located in prime location. Features include an open concept kitchen, dining and family room as well as 1/2 bath on main floor. 3 bedrooms up with master
REMARKABLE VIEW FROM ALL ANGLES .OCEAN VIEW IS EXPANSIVE AND CAPTIVATING….. SEE THE SHIPS PASS THROUGH, THE FISHERMAN PULL THEIR LOBSTER POTS , THE BERGS AND THE WHALES .. YOU CAN SEE FOR MILES WITH THE OCEAN VIEW ..ALSO YOU CAN SEE ALL THE REMARKA
QUALITY BUILD DUPLEX – can start ASAP! Brand new 3 Bedroom 2.5 Bath 2 Story with in house garage located in prime location. Features include an open concept kitchen, dining and family room as well as 1/2 bath on main floor. 3 bedrooms up with master
Prepare to be AMAZED. This home is a show stopper with no expense spared. Welcome home to 50 Francis St, an Executive fully developed bungalow located in sought after Brookfield Plains Subdivision. This home has it ALL! As you enter, you are greeted
Ideal 2 apartment home located close to the Avalon Mall, Health Science and Memorial University. This Bright spacious property has two self contained units with each unit having it's own full laundry service. The main unit has a large living and Kitc
Beautiful bungalow located on a quiet street in the center of St. Johns with a brand new ENERGY EFFICIENT FURNACE INCLUDED with warranty ! One owner home , well cared for , mostly all hardwood floors on the main floor , with updated vinyl in kitchen
This beautiful home stands out as you drive up piper's street, located in a very sought after neighborhood. The unique design features on the main floor a large open kitchen with plenty of cupboard space and a walk in pantry, room for a large dining
Great location for any small business. Lower level of Summerville Complex. Mixed Commercial and Residential Condo building. Over 30 commercial properties and 2 floors of Residential Units. Great mix of Dr's, Lawyers, Banks and many other service comp
Exceptionally well kept home in the heart of the city. Walking distance to Downtown, Mun, Churchill Square and so much more! This 3-bedroom home has an open concept living/dining area with hardwood flooring, a beautiful kitchen with shaker style birc
Large 3 bedroom home available for immediate occupancy. The spacious open rooms have an abundance of light which adds to the warm feeling of this family home. The beautiful hardwoods throughout and beautiful trims show the great character of this wil
EXCELLENT VALUE IN THIS ONE BEDROO/ONE BATHROOM CONDO LOCATED ON THE THIRD FLLOR OF ELIZABETH TOWERS PLUS A WEST FACING BALCONY. SPACIOUS MASTER BEDROOM WITH A DOUBLE CLOSET AND A SINGLE CLOSET.LARGE BATHROOM FOR EASY ACCESS.STEP SVING KITCHEN WITH A
About St. Johns, NL
St. John’s is a beautiful city that offers great scenery, historical buildings, and some excellent real estate opportunities. For those looking to buy their first home, or even make some money flipping properties on the side, St John’s is a great place to start!
St. John’s is located on the east coast of Newfoundland and Labrador, on a bay that’s also known as St. John’s Harbour. St. John’s is the capital city of Newfoundland and Labrador and is home to about 185,000 people. St John’s was founded in 1630 by English settlers as a fishing settlement but has since developed into an industrial city with many large factories. St. John’s is also home to a number of educational institutions, including Memorial University of Newfoundland which has more than 20 campuses across the province providing education and research opportunities for students in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
St. Johns has plenty of attractions and things for residents to do. The Newfoundland and Labrador Museum is a great place to learn about the history of St. John’s, as well as its military past. There are also several museums dedicated to natural sciences, archaeology, and art. The downtown area has many shops for residents such as grocery stores and chain clothing stores like The Bay or Sears. There are also locally owned businesses like the St. John’s Co-op, which is a grocery store that only sells locally grown food. Just outside of downtown there are many parks for residents to enjoy with their families such as Bannerman Park or Fort Amherst National Historic Site. St. John’s is generally pretty quiet and a peaceful place to call home. However, as you get closer to the airport the noise can be a bit more bothersome to residents.
The St John’s Real Estate market is very active, with the average house prices being fair for the area. Some homes in St. John’s Newfoundland and Labrador can be bought quite cheaply, while others will set you back more money than what a new car would cost! It all depends on where you’re looking to buy – downtown or the suburbs. A majority of homes in the area were built between the 1960s and 1980s, and 60% of the houses are owned, while the rest are rented.
St. Johns, NL Transportation
Driving is usually the best transportation option in St. John’s. The majority of homes for sale are a rather short drive from the closest highway, and accessing a parking spot is easy wherever you go. There are only a few high schools and primary schools in St. John’s, which can require a drive to get there. Errands such as grocery shopping, restaurants, and retail stores are typically not within walking distance from most homes. On the other hand, public transit users may have limited choices. Thankfully, there are about 20 bus lines, and it is convenient to reach a nearby bus stop from most houses.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 13km to Mount Pearl, NL
- 597km to Corner Brook, NL
Things To Do in St. Johns, NL
Visiting St. John’s is a must for all who are looking to experience the natural beauty and culture of Newfoundland. This time-honoured city offers visitors many exciting attractions, including Signal Hill National Historic Site with its panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean, Cape Spear National Historic Site where you can see North America’s easternmost view of St. John’s Harbor, and the Quidi Vidi Brewing Company, North America’s oldest working brewery. For a more nature-based activity, St. John’s offers the East Coast Trail, North Head Trail, and many other walking trails that show off the beauty of the city. St. John’s has a rich history and culture that is on display throughout the city, with landmarks like Fort Townshend National Historic Site, St. Paul’s Church (the oldest building in Canada), The Rooms Provincial Art Gallery, The Newfoundland Museum Society of Arts & Crafts Inc., and more.
- Signal Hill
- Signal Hill is just south of St. John’s Newfoundland and Labrador and was once used as an observation post to watch for approaching ships. It has since been converted into the Signal Hill National Historic Site of Canada – a place where visitors can explore this former military site while enjoying stunning views of St. John’s harbour.
- Cape Spear Lighthouse National Historic Site
- Cape Spear Lighthouse National Historic Site is a national historic site in St. John’s. If you dare, you can climb to the top of Cape Spear itself, the most easterly point in North America, for panoramic views of St. John’s harbour.
- The Rooms
- The Rooms is a cultural and heritage complex in St. John’s that houses the provincial museum, archives, art gallery, theatre company, collections of folk culture, and fine arts.
- East Coast Trail
- The East Coast Trail is a 185km-long recreational hiking trail on the Avalon Peninsula of Newfoundland and Labrador. The East Coast Trail features a coastal passage that stretches from St John’s in Avalon to Cappahayden on Fortune Bay and includes some side trails into Gros Morne National Park.
- Jellybean Row Houses
- Jellybean Row Houses is a row of historic houses in St. John’s that were constructed between 1835-1850 for wealthy merchants or professionals who wanted to be closer to the city centre rather than the waterfront. They are named for their colorful curb appeal and each home has its own distinct personality.
- North Head Trail
- The North Head Trail is a scenic hiking trail that takes roughly four hours to complete. The trail starts at the Newfoundland Railway Heritage Society site in St Margaret’s Bay and heads north along the coastline of Pelican Narrows.
- Terry Fox Monument
- Terry Fox is a Canadian hero who has touched the lives of Canadians and people around the world through his Marathon of Hope. His journey was dedicated to cancer research, which inspired many other fundraising efforts in Canada and around the world. The Terry Fox Monument commemorates this monumental event in St John’s with an archway that invites hikers into Memorial Park for a view of the harbour and Signal Hill.
- Quidi Vidi Brewery
- The Quidi Vidi Brewery has been operating in St John’s since 1894. It is the oldest working brewery in North America and also situated on one of Newfoundland’s most beautiful harbours with views of Signal Hill, which served as a backdrop for such films as Academy Award-winner Titanic. The Quidi Vidi Brewing Company continues to be an innovator in the brewing industry.
St. Johns, NL Day Trips
- Cape Spear National Historic Sites
- Cape Spear Lighthouse National Historic Site is located in St. John’s, and allows visitors to climb to the top of Cape Spear itself (the most easterly point in North America) for panoramic views of St. John’s harbour.
- Cabot Trail
- The Cabot Trail is a narrow, winding road that runs along the coast of Newfoundland with breathtaking views. There are many different sections of this scenic route and you can choose from daily trips or week-long outings to visit any number of these gorgeous places.
- Cape St. Mary’s Ecological Reserve
- Cape St. Mary’s Ecological Reserve is a coastal wetland that offers visitors the chance to explore a natural environment as well as learn more about migratory birds and their habitats in summer months. The Cape St. Mary’s Ecological Reserve has trails, boardwalks, and observation decks so you can take your time exploring. If you want to stay longer, there are also three cabin rentals on site, including a bunkhouse that can sleep up to 28 guests! You may even spot some whales off the coast while exploring this amazing ecological reserve.