Yarmouth, NS Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Yarmouth NS Homes For Sale
Welcome to 486 Brunswick Street. This split entry home in Yarmouth's north end features 3 bedrooms on the main level with 1.5 baths and another bedroom and a 3 piece bath on the lower level. Lots of storage space and open living here. Close to walkin
4 bedroom home, unique layout, nice, quiet neighbourhood on a large lot ( 1.5 lots)! This home is priced to sell and allow for your own updates! Sit and enjoy the natural light in the spacious living room or open the patio door to enjoy the sun on fr
Prime development opportunity! Location, location, location! High visibility, 90 acre lot in commercial area ready for a dream opportunity. This is a popular area in Yarmouth, close to seniors complex, residential areas, shopping, schools, churches,
This house has so many possibilities. The roof was done in 2007, the chimney insert in 1998, and some new windows. Some of the renovations have been done, and many materials are available for you to complete the project. You can use the entire house,
Three bedroom center town home. This property is within walking distance of the new Yarmouth Elementary School and close to all amenities. There is a heat pump in place which helps with heating in winter and cooling in the summer. The covered front d
Charming 4 bedroom home in centretown with lots of character! The original wood doors, mouldings and Douglas fir hardwood floors give this home the all the charm! Enter into the back porch and then into the lovely updated kitchen. The spacious panty
Well maintained traditional style home in a great central location close to all amenities. There is a detached garage and a manageable yard with easy to maintain perennials. A main floor addition has added a bedroom and full bath to accommodate an el
Nice 2.29 acre lot waiting to be developed.If you are looking for a quiet spot close to town to build your new home or summer retreat this may be the place for you. (id:32990)
Imagine your dream home nestled on this hillside with the panorama of a wildlife meadow and stillwater stream. Enjoy the spectacular scenery of each season as it unfolds. Words and pictures just can't do it justice. You have see this 9.8 acre partial
This is a great spot to build in an area that has seen several recent improvements! Albert Street has been repaved and both the new "IGNITE Labs" (which helps young entrepreneurs start up and grow their businesses) and the new Court House are just a
Three unit income property center town Yarmouth. The property consists of one three bedroom unit and two 1 bedroom units and the property is fully rented. The building is in good repair and is within walking distance of the waterfront and downtown co
This freshly painted, modernized home has 5 bedrooms, 2 baths South end of Yarmouth. Sitting on a corner lot with gated access in back. There is currently a new oil tank 2021, roof re-shingled in 2016, hot water tank was replaced in 2013. This is hom
The historic salvation army building is looking for a new owner! The large 49'2"x32'11" Main room, with public washroom and changing room, presents endless opportunities for a new business. Ample Storage on all three floors, with an elevator in place
Corner lot located in South End of Yarmouth Town. Located in walking distance to local shops and golf course. This lot could be subdivided for 2 good sized lots. Call for more details. (id:32990)
Opportunity! Grab this 2 unit building in the North End of Yarmouth. The lower level features 3 bedrooms, bath, eat-in kitchen, and laundry with laminate and vinyl flooring and a heat pump. The second level features two bedrooms, bath, living room, a
RARE FIND! Check out this nearly 2 acre lot, located right in the Town of Yarmouth! Only a 2 minute drive to all major amenities. Zoned residential this lot is just waiting for some one to build their dream home! Call today to find out more! (id:3299
Have you ever wanted to live in a home worthy of being showcased in a magazine? This home has class, sophistication, and charm, while maintaining the warmth of a family home! Sitting proudly in a very nice area surrounded by other beautiful homes, th
About Yarmouth, NS
The town of Yarmouth has a population of around 7,000 people and is located on the south shore of Nova Scotia. It’s a small town with a lot going on. You’ll find everything you need here, from food stores to clothing shops to nature hikes. Whether you are looking to spend some time along the picturesque Nova Scotia coast or relax at a local cafè, you’ll love your charming new hometown of Yarmouth.
Yarmouth’s real estate market was recently coined as one of Canada’s hottest housing markets, with the average home price jumping 68% in one year. Even after the price jump, Yarmouth continues to be one of the country’s most affordable cities. The average home price is around $166,000. If you’re looking to get out of the hustle of large cities and settle in a slow-paced town, Yarmouth could be your perfect place.
While Yarmouth is a smaller town, there are plenty of things in the city to keep you occupied. Cape Forchu Lighthouse, Frost Park, and Murray Manor Art & Culture House are some of the most popular local spots. Take a walk along the waterfront or catch some fish for a fresh dinner. Don’t worry if cooking isn’t your thing; you’ll find plenty of restaurants with fresh seafood options throughout Yarmouth to satisfy your appetite.
Yarmouth’s economy is heavily connected to the fishing, farming, and forestry industries. If you’re looking for a career in the marine industry, Yarmouth could be the place for you. The town has a number of fishing companies and boat-building facilities that offer good jobs to those who want to work on the water.
Education opportunities are plentiful in Yarmouth, and the city prides itself on accommodating families with whatever schooling options they need. Aside from the English-based school system, Yarmouth also offers an Acadian School System and has 7 French schools within the county. With several primary and secondary schools, a community college, and a school for children with special needs within the county, Yarmouth offers opportunities for everyone.
If you’re moving to Yarmouth, it’s important to know how to get around. There are a variety of transportation options in Yarmouth, including bus service and taxi cabs. If you are taking the bus, Yarmouth uses the “Flag Stop System,” which allows you to flag down the bus wherever you need to be picked up along its route. This convenience makes it easy to get around Yarmouth if you have to depend on public transportation. In addition, biking is a popular way to get from one place to another, and sidewalks in the city make it easy to do so. Yarmouth also has plenty of parking and highways running through it, so driving your own car is a great way to get around as well. If you ever have to fly out of the city, Yarmouth International Airport offers domestic and international flights.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 223km (138 miles) to Halifax
- 429km (266 miles) to Boston, MA
- 526km (327 miles) to Quebec City
- 623km (387 miles) to Longueuil
Things To Do in Yarmouth, NS
When moving to Yarmouth, you’ll be excited to find so many things to do. There are special events and festivals going on throughout the year, and a variety of places to go year-round! Here are some of the top Yarmouth spots to visit:
- The Cape Forchu Lighthouse is one of the most iconic lighthouses in Nova Scotia and is situated on a beautiful peninsula near Yarmouth. It was built in 1861 on the south end of Cape Forchu and illuminated about 2 years later. Visitors can climb up the lighthouse for stunning views of the ocean and enjoy a meal at its restaurant as well. The lighthouse looks even more stunning at night when it’s lit up with its bright white light.
- Frost Park is a popular place to go with the whole family! It features two playgrounds, an outdoor rink, and tennis courts. Frost Park is the perfect place for a weekend morning baseball game or a fun afternoon playing tennis in the park.
- The CAT is a replica of the ferry used to sail from Yarmouth’s Main Street to Port Maitland. The catamaran operates on-demand and gives you the option of renting out your own private cruise. You can enjoy food and drinks while cruising through some of Nova Scotia’s most beautiful scenery.
- Heritage Brewing Company is home to many of Nova Scotia’s local craft beers! With a large selection of fresh beer, you’re sure to find a brew that you’ll enjoy. The brewery also hosts live music performances and other events throughout the year.
- Founded in the 1960s, W. Laurence Sweeney Fisheries Museum is one of Yarmouth’s most popular attractions. The museum features a historic ship built in 1888 and had been used for fishing on Nova Scotia’s South Shore for many decades. The museum also features exhibits on fishery in Nova Scotia and has changing exhibits that focus on various issues relating to the ocean.
- The Yarmouth County Museum and Archives gives visitors a look at local history. Here, you can learn about Yarmouth’s heritage, including the stories of people, places, and events that shaped the community today. The museum also has many artifacts from throughout Nova Scotia’s past!
- Murray Manor is a museum, art gallery, and cultural space in Yarmouth. The building was originally opened in 1916 as a home for Dr. John Murray until it was converted into an art and culture house. Visitors to the manor can find rotating exhibits of both local artists and national/international artists from around the world. It’s the perfect place to spend an afternoon exploring and enjoying local artwork.
- Yarmouth Waterfront Gallery is a non-profit business that Yarmouth volunteers run . The gallery features the work of many local artists and hosts live music performances and other events in its beautiful space.
- The Firefighters’ Museum of Nova Scotia is a local Yarmouth attraction dedicated to honouring the work of firemen in Nova Scotia. The museum features demonstrations, exhibitions, and other events that celebrate firefighters’ contributions.
- John’s Cove Beach is on the South Shore of Nova Scotia. It’s an extremely popular place for families to visit and features many amenities like washrooms, picnic tables, public parking, and more.
Yarmouth Day Trips
If you’re moving to Yarmouth, we bet you’ll be spending a lot of time exploring the area. Are you ready for your next adventure? There are many interesting things to do within a couple of hours of Yarmouth, and here are some of our suggestions:
- One of the most beautiful and protected bays in Nova Scotia, St. Mary’s Bay is a great place to relax and unwind. Just an hour and a half away, the area features rocky shorelines, small islands with red and white lighthouse beacons, and sea caves that lure divers from around the world. Here, you’ll also find quaint villages with local charm like Haliburton Village (the oldest lighthouse in Canada), North Rustico, and Noel.
- This beautiful park is located 2 hours away from Yarmouth and offers hiking trails, picnic areas, a campground, beaches, swimming, and fishing. The coastal forests are home to moose, lynx, and black bears. This park includes all that you’d look for in a summer day trip. It’s also near Fort Lawrence National Historic Site, which features a reconstruction of a 19th-century fort featuring historical buildings.