Red Deer, AB Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Red Deer AB Homes For Sale
HORIZON VILLAGE! Fantastic walkable location on this 2 bed 2 bath fully finished unit in the desirable adult community of Horizon Village. Great location near Bower Mall, Sunnybrook Farm and the Red Deer Trail System. Beautiful hardwood throughout th
Looking for a great apartment near downtown Red Deer then this is the one for you!! This two bedroom one bathroom ground level apartment is a great first home or revenue property. Its clean and well kept and ready for its new owners!! Call today to v
GREAT LOCATION WITH A VIEW! Perfect for the first time buyers or investor. 3 Bedroom 2 Bath end-unit townhome features laminate flooring through out the main floor, white kitchen cabinets, fenced backyard with brick patio. 4 bedrooms on second level
Super location close to Barrett park in charming Parkvale. Cute home with one bedroom up and an illegal suite downstairs . The outstanding feature with this is the oversized, mostly heated garage/studio with room for one car. (id:32990)
Bright and spacious 2-bedroom condo is the epitome of low maintenance, luxurious living that is exceptionally affordable. The upgraded laminate flooring and stylish paint adds a fresh and airy look to an already expansive open layout, and the very si
Cozy and Refreshed Michener Hill Bungalow. Repainted and updated through the years. Features of this family friendly home include a double detached garage ~ Convenient location ~ Wood Burning Fireplace ~ 3 Bedrooms & 2 Full Bathrooms ~ Large 50' x 15
Found on a quiet close in Inglewood, this modified bi level is a great floor plan. Come into the spacious entrance and enter the main floor with the flared out stairs , the main floor is an open floor plan with vaulted ceilings and plenty of large wi
Family and pet-friendly 2 storey townhouse in Hilltop Estates. This well-priced condo features a bright east-facing living room with walk-through kitchen to the spacious dining area on the main floor. There's a new front door and newer patio doors op
Great starter or investment property with no condo fees in desirable Anders location with easy access to all amenities. Main floor has large bright living room, kitchen with centre island, newer countertops, black appliances. Dining room with garden
STUNNING UNOBSTRUCTED VIEWS OF BARRETT PARK IN HISTORIC PARKVALE ~ HEATED TRIPLE DETACHED GARAGE ~ IMMEDIATE POSSESSION ~ Located on one of Red Deer's best lots sits this 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom 1.5 storey home ~ Vinyl white picket fence and mature tre
FULLY DEVELOPED 4 BDRM, 3 BATH BUNGALOW BUILT IN 2017 ~ LOCATED ON A TREE LINED STREET IN MATURE MOUNTVIEW ~ 24 X 24 ATTACHED GARAGE ~ IMMEDIATE POSSESSION AVAILABLE ~ Covered front entry welcomes you and leads to a large foyer ~ Open concept main li
This great starter home has 3 bedrooms up and a good location on a very large pie lot! There have been lots of updates over the years including kitchen cabinets, flooring, and a couple of windows. The huge yard is fully fenced and has lots of room fo
~ELEGANT AND TIMELESS BUNGALOW for a growing family! This incredible property is undeniably one of the best locations in the city! The main floor features 3 gas fireplaces, WALNUT HARDWOOD FLOORING, Travertine kitchen and dining flooring, and 3 SKYLI
A great opportunity for a first time home buyer! Close to schools, playgrounds, and shopping- plus a fenced backyard! You're greeted by a living room with a huge bay window which lets in tons of natural light, and trendy vinyl plank flooring. The kit
Location is everything!! Rarely a home comes up for sale in this desirable close, where neighborhood block parties occur! This well thought-out design allows plenty of room for every family member. The upper level includes a large master bedroom with
5 Bedroom Bungalow with a main floor office on a quiet close. Fantastic location close to schools, parks, green spaces, and some of the best amenities the City of Red Deer has to offer. Open concept floor plan with lots of light coming in the west fa
FULLY DEVELOPED 4 BDRM, 4 BATH 2-STOREY IN VANIER EAST ~ WEST FACING BACKYARD BACKING ON TO A LARGE PARK WITH WALKING PATHS AND MULTIPLE PLAYGOUNDS ~ LOADED WITH UPGRADES ~ Covered front veranda welcomes you and leads to a large tile foyer ~ Open con
Built Green to save on heating and cooling costs. Have a look in this wonderful home with 2 good sized bedrooms on the upper level and 1 down. Main floor is all laminate flooring for easy cleanup. Features a large living room with dining area and a g
Lovingly cared for home located in a private close surrounded by mature trees and facing a huge green space. Loaded with recent upgrades this property is a must for anyone wanting an updated house in an established neighborhood. Beautifully manicured
OPEN CONCEPT MAIN FLOOR LAYOUT WITH THIS FULLY DEVELOPED 3 BDRM, 2BTH BI-LEVEL WITH DETACHED 26 x 24 DOUBLE GARAGE. Exceptional use of space in this floor plan, allowing for lots of natural light & a large living room with new vinyl plank flooring an
About Red Deer, AB
Red Deer is a city of about 100,000 people in central Alberta. It’s located just north of Calgary and south of Edmonton. Red Deer has an abundance of natural beauty that includes rivers, lakes, forests, and mountains. The city offers many outdoor activities for residents to enjoy year-round including hiking trails, golf courses, parks and more! If you are a nature-lover looking to buy your first home or your fifth, read on to see what all Red Deer has to offer.
Red Deer was established in 1963 as a “new town” that would have modern amenities and be self-contained. The city has grown steadily over the years, but there’s still plenty of opportunity for development, including its downtown core.
Red Deer is a great place to live for families of all ages because the community offers so much. The cost of living in Red Deer is low and the city has a high quality of life. Residents enjoy easy access to healthcare, public transportation, sport facilities (including an indoor arena), shopping centres, and restaurants.
There’s plenty to do with over 350 annual events taking place every year across Red Deer. Some of the most popular events include the Westerner Days Rodeo, the Red Deer and District Car Show, Heritage Day Festival and Fair, and many more! Some of the most popular attractions in Red Deer for locals to enjoy are the beautiful parks with their many activities, the Red Deer Public Library, and Millennium Place. The city is home to Red Deer College and it has a number of museums to enjoy, including the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and the Blackfoot Trail Historical Museum. Red Deer is also home to a few sports teams, including local favourites, the Red Deer Rebels Junior Hockey Club and Red Deer Roller Derby Girls.
The city is also home to some of Western Canada’s most prestigious post-secondary institutions like The University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine, Lakeland College, and NorQuest College. They allow both Canadian residents and international students from over 110 different countries around the world. Red Deer’s economy is fueled by agriculture, retail, and tourism, and many of the employment opportunities in the area are within these industries.
The real estate market in Red Deer is steady. With the population frequently increasing, Red Deer has seen an increase in new homes and apartment buildings going up to match the demand for housing in the area. A majority of the homes in the area are detached, single family homes, and the average price for a home in Red Deer is about $300,000 – $330,000, with detached houses averaging the lower end of that range and larger homes near or exceeding the higher end.
red Deer Transportation
When it comes to getting around, Red Deer has an extensive public transit system with bus routes stretching well out into the rural areas surrounding the city. There are also plenty of rental places to check out if you don’t have your own car. Red Deer is easily driveable, as the large freeway (Highway 40) runs through the city and into other towns throughout the province. If you’d prefer to walk or bike the city, Red Deer has plenty of sidewalks and pathways to get around safely. The nearest major airports are Edmonton International Airport (EIA) and Calgary International Airport (YYC).
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 144km (89 miles) to Edmonton
- 137km (85 miles) to Calgary
- 706km (439 miles) to Surrey
- 712km (442 miles) to Burnaby
Things To Do in Red Deer, AB
There are so many things to do in Red Deer that you won’t even know where to start. Here’s a short list of the top ten attractions in our city:
- Bower Ponds is one of the most popular attractions in Red Deer. It’s a beautiful, picturesque area that offers some great hiking opportunities and breathtaking views. This hidden gem has been around for centuries and it’s still going strong today.
- The Kerry Wood Nature Centre is a great place to explore the natural world. It has everything from forests and fields to ponds, wetlands, and even prairie dog villages! Your kids will love exploring this amazing Alberta treasure that’s right in their own backyard.
- This is one of the top ten attractions in Red Deer for many people because it’s a great place to get some fresh produce, meat, and just about anything else you might need. The farmer’s market has been around since 1979 and every Saturday morning from May until October you can find hundreds of vendors lining up at the gate waiting to take your order!
- This is a really fun place to visit if you love the outdoors! The Heritage Ranch has two miles of hiking trails, and it’s also home to about 200 animals. You’ll find deer, buffalo, moose, and more creatures all roaming free on this beautiful Alberta ranch.
- This is a museum dedicated to the history of sports in Alberta! There are over 1,858 square meteres of interactive exhibits and displays including an arena that you can actually step onto. This spot is a must-see for any sports fan!
- Located downtown, this museum is home to a number of fascinating exhibits that provide a glimpse into the history of Red Deer. There are displays about local First Nations, pioneers, and the fur trade as well as an extensive collection on regional wildlife.
- If you’re looking for a fun way to spend the day, then head out to Sunnybrook! This 200-acre farm is home to over 50 animals and offers hands-on activities such as hayrides, petting zoos, and many more.
- An urban oasis! This park has been designated an Eco-Park and features over 600 acres of land. There are many walking trails through the rugged terrain, as well as a number of recreation areas to enjoy, such as tennis courts and outdoor swimming pools. It’s also home to one of Canada’s tallest waterfalls!
Red Deer Day Trips
While the charm of Red Deer makes for a great place to call home, sometimes you just want to get out of town. Whether it’s a solo day trip or a chance to spend time with friends, the list below features some of Alberta’s best destinations:
- Get up close and personal with over 100 different birds, including parrots, macaws, doves, and more! The Ellis Bird Farm offers opportunities to feed the animals as well. When it’s time for lunch, the Ellis cafe is located in the former Ellis family home and offers some excellent cuisine. The best part? Admission to the farm is free!
- The Kraay Family Farm is a 120-acre farm in Red Deer with plenty of things to do. Visitors can enjoy the hayride, tractor ride, and petting zoo, with over 20 different animals including horses, sheep, goats, and cows! The Kraay family also offers pumpkin patches for fall picking so you’ll be able to pick out your pumpkin for the season!
- Located just outside of Red Deer, this historic ranch is now a National Historic Site. Alberta’s history comes alive at the Bar U Ranch where visitors can learn about how it was to live on a cattle ranch in 1912 and see what life was like for those who worked there. The tour takes you through various buildings with exhibits that are perfect for kids and adults alike.
- Another fantastic day trip near Red Deer is Cochrane. This town of just over 4,000 people has a lot to offer visitors with its cozy cafes and antique stores. The Sip ‘n’ Slurp in downtown offers some of the best donuts in Alberta! Check out the local Half Hitched Brewing Co. and cool down with a MacKay’s ice cream before you head back home. If you have some extra time, the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary is a unique experience that you don’t want to miss!