Edmonton, AB Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Edmonton AB Homes For Sale
Amazing opportunity for a fully finished detached home with a secondary kitchen and living area in the basement (not permitted as a legal suite). Centrally located in a mature neighbourhood with large yard and detached garage! Main level offers a bri
Welcome home ! This gorgeous 2 storey east facing home located in the family-friendly community of Walker. Enjoy the functional 9 ceiling open concept floor plan. Contemporary kitchen boasts of upgraded cabinet, expansive granite counters, upgraded a
Almost new ORIGINAL OWNER HOUSE FOR SALE in the beautiful community of Maple. This 2 story house comes with BRAND NEW DOUBLE DETACHED over sized garage Built in 2020. The house comes with stainless steel appliance, QUARTZ COUNTERTOP, high end laminat
Renovated barber shop for sale ready for a new owner! Great southside location, high quality dcor inside, and a perfect business! Very busy and established neighborhood. (id:32990)
Super charming character 3 bedroom home in North Glenora! Huge subdividable 50'x135' fenced yard & deck with Kat patio! Features white European kitchen cabinets, New High Efficiency Furnace, New Hot Water Tank, upgraded 100 amp Electrical Panel, upgr
Lovely home with LAKE ACCESS located in the familyfavorite community of Lake Summerside! This immaculate, fully finished 2 storey home features an open concept main floorplan which is great for young families & entertaining. Pretty kitchen includes s
Enjoy ADULT (21+) LUXURY CARE-FREE LIVING at the prestigious Chateaux at Whitemud Ridge! This LARGE 1370 sf condo (+ PATIO!) features 2 bedrooms + a den, along with 2 full bathrooms, and is located in one of the BEST LOCATIONS in the building – away
Nothing to do but move right into this beautiful family home! This spacious three bedroom home located in the family friendly and sought after neighborhood of Chapelle will check all the boxes with plenty of parks and walking/bike trails nearby, seve
Lovely two story home in cul de sac location backing onto a small park! This well kept home has an open concept kitchen and living room with a spacious tiled entry that leads to the attached garage and main floor laundry, upstairs is the bonus room t
Don't miss out on this cute bungalow in Duggan! It has a beautifully updated kitchen with plenty of storage, a pantry, 4 appliances, a quartz breakfast bar, and a large window overlooking the backyard. With an open concept main floor, there is plenty
Welcome to Ellerslie! Here is your chance to own your very own townhouse in a family oriented and well managed complex located very conveniently with access to pretty much everything a person needs. All your amenities are minutes away as is access to
Amazing Single Family house with the backyard that you and your kids will enjoy throughout summers! Welcome to the awesome house located on a quite cul-de-sac in Millwoods. This house welcomes you to the main level with a living room with panoramic w
The Rylee by BEDROCK HOMES is a double front attached garage home with 9ft ceiling on main floor which has a side entry for future basement development and a kitchen with 41 upper cabinets. Three generous size bedrooms, a spacious bonus room and a la
Over $300, 000 in renovations! Welcome to 1013 Blackburn Cres located in the prestigous Blackmud Creek area. This spectacular 2100 sqft home is completely professionally remodelled w/all the highest quality materials & conveniences. Glistening hardwo
Magnificent FORMER SHOWHOME! Grand & spacious and ready for you. This unique bi-level boasts 2 bedrooms and a den on above grade PLUS a massive bedroom with a second ensuite in the lower level. The natural light on both levels filters into the home f
Welcome to The Rundle by BEDROCK HOMES in Maple Crest. This beautiful home features a modern floor plan with an open great room with 13' ceilings and a spacious foyer. Walk through the living room to the dining room and open-concept kitchen, an ideal
Tired of renting and want your own place? You could buy this townhouse and save money compared to renting! This property comes with 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, a galley kitchen and a partially finished basement giving you more space for activities or
UPDATED and SPACIOUS Character home in the heart of Edmonton with a SECOND KITCHEN! As you walk up youll see front yard RAISED GARDEN BEDS! What better way to make use of a front yard! Theyre actually a self-managing garden called Hugelkultur. Coming
Welcome Home to Ellerslie – located on a quiet CUL-DE-SAC near ponds, park and trail system, this 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath 1434 sq ft is the PERFECT place for your family to call Home! Featuring an open layout with an abundance of natural light, S/S appli
This FULLY SERVICED vacant lot is zoned RF3, and ready to build on without the hassles of subdivision, demolition and in some cases asbestos abatement. Lot measures 7.54 m x 35.91 m (24.74 ft x 117.81 ft). Situated in the Heart of King Edward Park an
About Edmonton, AB
Edmonton is a beautiful city in western Canada. It’s known for its parks and green spaces, its thriving arts and culture scene, as well as the many festivals that take place throughout the year. With a population of just under 1 million, Edmonton has the social environment of a city with the natural beauty of the country. If you are thinking about buying real estate in Edmonton, this page will tell you everything you need to know!
Edmonton’s real estate market is booming. With a population of around one million, Edmonton has the second-highest rate of new home construction in Canada after Toronto and more than double that of Vancouver or Montreal. The average Edmontonian spends just $900 per month on housing costs when renting an apartment downtown, which is still less than many other cities across Canada. In Edmonton, there are a large number of condominiums and townhouses being built for sale or rent at any given time, and the average cost of a home in Edmonton is around $415,000.
Edmonton is a beautiful city with rich culture and welcoming people. Edmontonians love to celebrate their diverse community through festivals and events like the Fringe Festival, Taste of Edmonton, Capital Ex and many more. There are also plenty of attractions like Fort Edmonton Park and the Wildlife Habitat that will make you feel like a true Edmontonian.
There’s plenty to do in this vibrant and economically diverse city, from dining at any number of restaurants on Whyte Avenue to lounging at the unique coffee shops in the area! The average age in this city is 34 years old, so there are always new things happening.
The city is home to beautiful parks and natural spaces like Elk Island National Park, one of Alberta’s newest national parks! Edmonton also supports many local arts groups with organizations such as the Edmonton Symphony and the Citadel Theatre. The city is also home to many professional sports teams such as the Edmonton Elks and the Oilers!
Schools in the Edmonton area are plentiful, including the University of Alberta, Grant MacEwan University, and NAIT. Edmonton’s economy is primarily dependent on tourism, oil and gas, government services, and health care sectors.
Edmonton is also home to North America’s largest mall with over 800 stores to choose from. It includes four major department store anchors including Hudson Bay Company, Sears Canada Inc., Nordstrom and The Bay. Edmonton has been ranked as one of the best places in Canada for first-time home buyers to purchase property due to low housing costs and high rates of construction.
There are many ways to get around Edmonton. You can use the LRT, buses, or taxis for public transport, and there are also bike lanes throughout most of the city if you prefer taking your own transportation on these routes. If you have your own car, you can take advantage of Edmonton’s highway network which also links to Calgary. A majority of Edmonton attractions are a drive away, so we highly recommend having your own car or renting one if moving to the area. The closest airport to Edmonton is the Edmonton International Airport (EIA), so flying to and from the city is a piece of cake.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 281km (174 miles) to Calgary
- 789km (490 miles) to Surrey
- 791km (496 miles) to Burnaby
- 793km (498 miles) to Vancouver
Things To Do in Edmonton, AB
Edmonton is one of Canada’s youngest major cities, yet it has a lot to offer. Heading out on the town? Edmonton offers plenty for nightlife with an interesting mix of local spots and trendy bars. Here are some of our favourites:
- With an amusement park, water park, and the world’s largest indoor shopping centre, West Edmonton Mall is a must-see for any tourist visiting Alberta. The mall boasts more than 800 shops and services to keep you busy all day long!
- Fort Edmonton Park is the perfect destination if you’re interested in learning about Alberta’s past. Located on 100 acres of land, Fort Edmonton has 40 historic buildings and offers a glimpse into what life was like for settlers more than 150 years ago!
- Elk Island National Park is a great place to visit in the Edmonton area. The park offers beautiful views of Alberta’s wilderness and can be accessed by car, bike, or on foot! If you’re interested in seeing some unique wildlife, Elk Island is a must-see.
- The Alberta Legislature Building is the name of Edmonton’s most recognizable landmark. It was built in 1908 and houses all three branches of government – provincial, federal, and municipal. The building has a beautiful exterior that includes stained-glass windows and an inner courtyard with unique statues.
- TELUS World of Science – Edmonton is a world-class science and technology museum that offers so much for visitors to explore. You can see everything from the human body, dinosaurs, space exploration, and more!
- Whyte Avenue is Edmonton’s most popular shopping district. A lot of Edmontonians come to this area for great deals and even better eats! Go out for drinks in the evening or simply stroll through the unique shops and businesses to fill the day.
- Located downtown Edmonton, the Muttart Conservatory is home to many different plants and flowers. The dome itself is a unique piece of architecture with its beautiful curving lines that create an eye-catching building in the cityscape. The beautiful glass pyramids are sure to catch the eye, and you’ll have a wonderful view of downtown while you explore.
- One of Edmonton’s most famous landmarks, the Winspear Centre is a stunning piece of architecture. With its sharp angles and asymmetrical lines, this building has an unexpected beauty that captures your attention from across the river valley it resides in. Home of the Edmonton Orchestra, the centre is located in the heart of the arts district and hosts a number of performances throughout the year
- Everyone knows Edmonton is Canada’s City of Champions, but did you know it also has one of North America’s largest indoor water parks? World Waterpark features a wave pool with state-of-the-art surf simulators and an interactive play area on top. Make sure to try out the slide that goes through their shark tank if you’re brave enough!
- Another Edmonton winter attraction is the Ice Castles, a beautiful display of ice sculptures from around the world. It’s open every day until March, so you can either visit in person or see it on the livestream from their website!
- The Royal Alberta Museum is Canada’s newest museum and Edmonton’s most ambitious project. It features the permanent exhibit “Aboriginal Cultures of Alberta” as well as a number of temporary exhibits on topics such as dinosaurs, space exploration, and art from around the world!
Edmonton Day Trips
It’s only a short drive from Edmonton to many scenic destinations. Head out on Highway 14 and see Dinosaur Provincial Park, or take Highway 66 west through some of Alberta’s most beautiful landscapes. With these day trips, you’ll be having a blast and be back in Edmonton before you know it:
- Take a safari-style tour of the animal park and see some of Alberta’s most majestic creatures like camels, zebras, and caribou. Walk through the Jungle Trail or visit their new dog show to learn about different breeds from around the world. Take your experience up a notch by doing one of the park’s many excursions to get up close and personal with these amazing creatures.
- One of the most scenic drives in Canada, this highway is worth taking time to explore. Starting just north of Jasper National Park and finishing at Banff National Park, it’s lined with snow-capped mountains and glaciers. The drive offers a break from city life by winding its way through mountain ranges before emerging onto open prairie land.
- If you’re looking to explore many different places in one go, head down Highway 43. The scenery is a little off the beaten path, but it’s a unique experience with hole-in-the-wall eateries, shopping, and picnic spots. Before you head home, stop by the Hard Luck Canyon for a quick hike into the canyon bed and waterfall.
- A tranquil park that is home to the Pembina River, this provincial park offers miles of hiking trails and backcountry camping. See some of Alberta’s native wildlife as you walk along the many paths this park has to offer.