Fort McMurray, AB Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Fort McMurray AB Homes For Sale
Welcome to 185 Ross Haven Drive. Carpet free1358 sqft liveable space built on 6600 sqft lot. FANTASTIC LOCATION. Minutes from highway 63. Close to the school and facing the green belt. Step inside and you will be surprised at what this 4 bedroom, 2.5
Oranj Fitness Fort McMurray is now available for purchase OR TAKE OVER THIS PRIME LOCATION WITH YOUR BUSINESS AND LEASE THIS SPACE IMMEDIATELY! Nominated three years in a row as best small business in Fort McMurray, this turn key opportunity awaits.
Pride in ownership shines through in this immaculately kept home. YOUR new home has 5 large bedrooms with large closets. 3 bedrooms up and 2 bedrooms down. The master bedroom includes large walk in closet, full en-suite, and laundry chute. The versat
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This is a great redevelopment site located in the downtown core of Fort. McMurray; currently
Another Quality built with the trusted Mann Builder! This Stunning house have Bonus room .This Open concept main floor kitchen with plenty of storage, Granite countertops.Living room with a gas fireplace, and hardwood floors, and natural light! Bonus
Another Quality built with the trusted Mann Builder! This Stunning 5 Bedrooms house have Bonus room and 2 Bedrooms Walkout Legal Suite!Open concept main floor kitchen with plenty of storage, Granite countertops.Living room with a gas fireplace, and h
Get the best value for your money with this amazing starter home. This mobile home features 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. It has lots of natural light, vaulted ceilings, an open concept floor plan, laminate floors throughout, stainless steel appli
1 Bedroom condo with underground parking and storage locker. In this amazing unit you will find an open concept kitchen living room area, that leads to your walk out balcony. A spacious bedroom with walk through closet and ensuite . To top it all off
3 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 bathrooms and a double garage !! This beautiful home has so much to offer, starting with its great location of Abasand. This end unit townhouse/condo with parking and a balcony is sure to impress. Inside you will find a modern k
Great Location!!! Excellent 7 Bedrooms & 3 full bath Bi-level home located with MORTGAGE HELPER in a Mature Timberlea at walking distance to schools & pond. The great features of this home include; wet bar; Rental potential; RV PARKING; Huge 7748 sq.
YOURE GOING TO LOVE ALL THE SPECIAL FEATURES this exceptionally maintained, 2093sqft modified bi-level has to offer.Before stepping inside, check out the huge 11, 000+sq.ft lot with more parking than youll need, room for the RV, huge fenced backyard,
Gorgeous bachelor unit conveniently located on the ground floor at the Summits of Eagle Ridge, a pre-cast concrete facility. This spacious unit boasts a nicely appointed and functional kitchen with breakfast bar, which opens to an open concept living
Welcome to 537 Walnut Crescent! This beautiful Bungalow with 3 Bedrooms BASEMENT with Full Kitchen is perfect for investors or Savvy home buyers. The main floor boasts hardwood floors in the living/dining room and a beautiful stone wall and fireplace
A place to come home to. This cozy 1150 Square foot bungalow is perfect for a family. Three bedrooms up – A four piece bath plus a two piece Ensuite – Spacious living room and a well designed kitchen with lots of cabinets and a handy dining area clos
Perfect starter apartment or investment property with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. This home has laminate floors, two huge bedrooms and a master bedroom with a large closet and a full ensuite. You have a deck to enjoy the incredible views of Longboat
ARE YOU READY? GET SET! GO! ACT FAST! STUNNING EXECUTIVE HOME BACKING ON TO THE POND WITH AMAZING VIEWS! LOOKING FOR 4 Bedrooms on SAME floor? Looking for a LEGAL Suite, WALK OUT Basement with SEPARATE Entrance and rental income? This home has it all
Lewyk Park Work Camp & Industrial site sits on 87 Acres of leasehold land aporx. 25kms north of Fort McMurray on the Aostra Road; providing temporary accommodations which is close and readily accessible to the Oilsands. The land lease of which you ar
FOR SALE LAND ONLY – AMAZING VIEWS OF ATHABASCA VALLEY! This Incredible spot to build your DREAM Home features back alley parking, near the skate park, schools & bus route this location is desirable to the savvy buyer! If you are looking to build you
UPDATED 3 BEDROOM HOME IN TIMBERLEA WITH NO CONDO FEES. This well designed and maintained 1, 203 sq ft home has a bright, open and contemporary look. A large side deck welcomes you into an open concept living area with large windows to let in the lig
Calling all investors or first time home buyers! This unique spacious 2 bedrooms plus den condo with a loft is priced to sell and has a tenant currently in place that would be willing to stay! This property located in Gregoire is close to schools, pl
About Fort McMurray, AB
Fort McMurray is a small, northern Alberta town that is growing rapidly. The small town has now become a bustling metropolis with around 75,000 residents living within its borders. Residents are drawn by the prospect of good jobs and high pay for those working in Fort McMurray’s booming economy. This page will show you what life is like for those who call Fort McMurray home.
Fort McMurray is a tight-knit community that has evolved into an area on the edge of becoming one of Canada’s major cities. Fort McMurray was originally established as an outpost for the Hudson Bay Company but quickly grew to become so much more than just another trading post. This hub of oil and gas exploration has seen an incredible amount of growth in the past few decades due to its close proximity to the Athabasca Oil Sands. Fort McMurray’s economy today is still heavily dependent on the oil and gas industries.
If you’re looking to move the family to Fort McMurray, expect the charm of a smaller town with all the activities and attractions of a major Canadian city. Fort McMurray has many amenities for those who live there including numerous restaurants and shops along with more than 20 different annual festivals that reflect its diverse population including Canada Day celebrations, Folkfest (a summer folk festival), Christmas Festival for Lights, and New Year’s Eve celebrations with fireworks!
Aside from the many festivals, some well-loved attractions in and around Fort McMurray include the Athabasca Oil Sands, Wood Buffalo National Park, and easy access to Banff National Park. Downtown Fort McMurray offers residents plenty of dining, shopping, and entertainment opportunities. Some local favourites to check out are the Fort McMurray Public Library, the Art Gallery of Wood Buffalo and the Heritage Amphitheatre. Fort McMurray is located right in the heart of Canada’s boreal forest, providing residents and visitors alike with endless opportunities for outdoor activities all year round. For an exciting day outdoors, visit the Fort McMurray Wetland Centre, where you can explore the natural habitats of various local birds and wildlife. From urban city life to the rural outskirts, you’re sure to find something for every taste in Fort McMurray.
The Fort McMurray real estate market is a hot spot for those looking to buy and sell properties. With the average price of a home in Fort McMurray ranging from $400,000 to $500,000, it’s no wonder this community has become an attractive option for those looking to relocate. There are many different lifestyles that can be found within this city including urban living with all its amenities, rural life close to nature, or even small-town charm with more of a community feel. A majority of the homes on offer in Fort McMurray are single-family dwellings, but there are plenty of condominiums and townhomes on the market as well.
Fort McMurray Transportation
The Fort McMurray Airport is about an hour south of the city. It’s a smaller regional airport with flights from Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver Island to destinations in British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba. Transportation in Fort McMurray can be done by car or bus; both are readily available at the terminal located just outside of town on Highway 63. The free buses will take you downtown and back until 11:30pm each night, but for those who wish to stay out later there is also cab service offered as long as it has been called ahead of time so that they know when you’re going to need them. The city of Fort McMurray has been designed to be as walkable and bike-friendly as possible. There are many sidewalks throughout the downtown area with more being added every year. For those looking for some serious exercise, it’s highly recommended to rent bikes from one of the locations around town.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 376km (234 miles) to Edmonton
- 653km (406 miles) to Calgary
- 1095km (680 miles) to Burnaby
- 1095km (680 miles) to Vancouver
Things To Do in Fort McMurray, AB
There are plenty of things to do in Fort McMurray for those who want some recreation on a weekend. Whether you only have a few hours or are looking to fill an entire day, this list offers some of Fort McMurray’s best spots!
- The Oil Sands Discovery Centre is a great place to start your day. This museum offers an interactive tour of the oil sands and provides visitors with information on Fort McMurray’s history. Visitors can also learn about the different jobs available in Fort McMurray related to the extraction process or even try their hand at extracting their own oil from a replica of the plant.
- Explore Fort McMurray’s history through the Fort McMurray Public Library. Built in 1929, this library is a landmark for the community with its beautiful architecture and elaborate interior design that creates an atmosphere of peace and tranquility on each visit. Visitors can also take advantage of their wide selection of books available to borrow from or enjoy reading at leisurely pace within the library’s beautiful walls.
- MacDonald Island Park is a wonderful place to spend the day outdoors with friends and family. The park is home to two beaches, three fishing jetties, and boat docks for residents living in Fort McMurray who own boats or would like to rent one from the city’s marina next door.
- The Fort McMurray Heritage Society was founded in the late 1960s and has been dedicated to preserving local history for over 50 years. They are committed to educating today’s youth about how our future can be impacted by decisions made today, as well as encouraging them to appreciate what we have now through studying the past.
- The Aboriginal Interpretive Trail is a one mile loop that winds through the bush and across several bridges. The route provides information on how previous inhabitants survived in this region, as well as the native flora in Fort McMurray’s forest.
- Wood Buffalo Viewing Point and Bison Sanctuary is a conservation area that offers visitors the chance to see some of Canada’s wildest animals up-close. The 600 acre park also features nature trails, picnic tables, historic buildings, and an interpretive centre about Wood Buffalo National Park.
- Wood Buffalo Museum and Archives tells the fascinating story of one of Canada’s largest national parks. The museum features a large collection of Wood Buffalo National Park memorabilia, as well as exhibits about Fort McMurray’s aboriginal heritage, forestry history, local wildlife and natural sciences.
- Points North Gallery is a Fort McMurray cultural landmark that features the work of more than 20 local and regional artists. The gallery hosts rotating exhibitions, workshops for both kids and adults, an education program, as well as guided tours on Saturday mornings.
- This exhibition pays homage to Fort McMurray’s rich mining and forestry heritage. Visitors can learn about the early days of Fort McMurray when it was an outpost for fur traders, or walk through a recreated forest with logging machinery representative of those used in local sawmills over the past century.
- This casino is the only one in Alberta with a full-service restaurant and live entertainment. On Friday nights, guests can enjoy dinner with their favourite band before dancing on to the dance floor for late night fun.
Fort McMurray Day Trips
The best day trips from Fort McMurray are the ones that take you to see Alberta’s diverse landscapes. Whether it is exploring one of our many lakes, taking a boat ride and seeing some of Canada’s largest waterfalls, or walking with bison, there are plenty of escapes for everyone!
- Athabasca River
- The Athabasca River is the world’s northernmost glacier-fed river. It flows from its headwaters near Lake Athabasca in northeastern Alberta into Fort McMurray, and it continues to flow until it reaches Saskatchewan at Fort Chipewyan on Lake Athabasca. As a tiny town in the midst of rolling hills, Athabasca is a relaxing trip for all ages.
- Elk Island National Park
- Elk Island National Park offers a variety of wildlife, birds, and plants. The park is home to many large mammals including elks (of course), deer, coyotes, wolves, waterfowls like geese and cranes, and even more common animals like squirrels. Just about 4 hours of Fort McMurray, this is a great location for those who want to escape the urban city (though it’s still close enough that you can take in some nightlife if you’re looking).
- Gregoire Lake Provincial Park
- Gregoire Lake Provincial Park is a little closer to Fort McMurray, about 30 minutes south. It’s considered a hidden gem with appealing features like Gregoire Lake and its surrounding wetlands. The park also has an interpretive centre which offers guided canoe tours on weekends with knowledgeable staff as well as educational programs for all ages.
- Vista Ridge All Seasons Park
- Vista Ridge All Seasons Park is a beautiful area to visit with your family and friends. The park is about 30 minutes outside of Fort McMurray, and it’s worth the drive if you want to take in nature at its finest. It also has some very scenic lookout points that offer great views for those who enjoy photography or hiking.