Fort St. John, BC Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Fort St. John BC Homes For Sale
Great 3 bedroom unit is nicely maintained with newer flooring and paint. Laundry room on main floor, small deck out patio doors. This is an ideal first home or the start to a rental empire. Rentals are allowed, pets are OK. All appliances are include
Great family home in a desirable neighborhood. Walk in to this nicely laid out 5 bedrooms, 2 bathroom, home with a 3rd bath ready to be put in downstairs. Custom oak kitchen with plenty of counter space, patio doors off dining room lead to a great si
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. This 3 bedroom 1 & 1/2 bath home has had many recent updates and has been excellently maintained. Located in the desirable Anne Roberts Elementary catchment and a short walk to Kearny middle school. The uppe
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Rare country living minutes from city ! Located in the very popular airport subdivision, this 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom home is sure to impress. Many updates throughout and this home shows amazing. Main floor fe
This corner lot half duplex has it all…3 bedrooms, 3 washrooms, large dining room, oak kitchen cupboards, single heated garage, huge backyard with fenced yard . Only one block from Duncan Cran Elementary School. View the inside whether you are a fi
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Great investment for the short or long term or first time home. This 16 unit strata complex was custom designed and you can see the quality throughout. Kohler plumbing equipment, custom cabinets, stainless s
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. This gorgeous 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, turn-key home is ready for its new owners! Get ready to be impressed from the moment you walk in as you're greeted with an open-concept layout, modern styling & an abun
Fort St John BC – 4.5+ acres of Light Industrial one block off Alaska Highway. This land is made up of 25 lots being sold as a package. Option to develop the land as one owner-occupant of the entire 4.5+ acres or potential to amalgamate several lots
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Large duplex lot 56' wide by 150' deep with back alley access. Located in a nice Northwest location, serviced with 2 water and 2 sanitary sewer connections. New upper scale duplex built 2 lots away and highe
Unique opportunity to purchase this profitable business with 204.31 acres in Pink Mountain with substantial quantities of prime, unprocessed aggregate. This turn key operation is ideally situated in between Fort St John and Fort Nelson. There is a mi
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Welcome to "The Station", Fort St John's newest and most sought after neighbourhood. This is a premier lot zoned R2 which allows for a duplex or suited home and all services are conveniently located at the p
Parkwood Developments is proud to announce the launch of "The Hub". A comprehensive, commercially zoned, Phase 1 launch of FSJ's only master-planned neighborhood. We are releasing 25.88 acres of prime commercial real estate designed with the goal of
Quality and Craftsmanship best describe the builder and the quality put into this home. Almost 1500 sq ft of living space on the main floor, open concept kitchen, dining and living room. patio doors to rear composite deck. Soft close cabinets, vaulte
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. A little piece of paradise! Just over 37 acres of land in Rose Prairie, bordering the banks of the Beatton River. Good road access and an established building site. Land features trees and views of the surro
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. This rancher with a basement is located on a corner lot, and has a massive 3000 square feet of living space. Located in walking distance to the city's amenities and recreation facilities. There are 3 generou
Located in the ever popular Finch area this 3 storey, 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom townhome, is close to walking trails, schools, and college. Heated attached tandem garage. (id:32990)
TORWOOD LODGE & ESTATES This is an 11, 830 sq ft wilderness lodge, including 8 guest rooms, staff & guide quarters, situated on 155 acres and 6, 000 feet of Williston lakeshore. Also included are 9 residential/recreational lots with road access and p
* PREC – Personal Real Estate Corporation. Great 4 bedroom home on a large corner lot with lots of South facing light. This home is currently leased and would make a great investment or place to call home. Lots of upgrades throughout, features update
Welcome home to the great living this 3 bedroom home has to offer with a huge, beautiful backyard offering alley access, storage shed and sundeck on a fully fenced yard in the North end of town. Recently upgrades include paint, flooring, windows and
About Fort St. John, BC
Fort St. John is a city in northeastern British Columbia. It’s an energetic city with a population of over 21,000 people. Fort St. John has something for everyone to enjoy: lakes and rivers for fishing and boating, mountains for hiking or snowboarding (and skiing in the winter), and endless trails for hiking and cycling! There are also plenty of festivals and events throughout the year that celebrate the city’s culture and history! If you’re thinking about finding your home here, there’s something perfect for everyone, from starter homes to luxury mansions.
The Fort St. John area is a wonderful place to live! You’ll be able to experience all this beautiful region has to offer, whether you’re a nature lover, history buff, or just want some peace and quiet. Fort St. John is a thriving community with all the amenities you need, from grocery stores and movie theaters, to restaurants and parks. There are plenty of great schools in town as well! Many of the elementary schools in Fort St. John are top-rated elementary schools in British Columbia!
Fort St. John is known as the “Hub City” because of its central location in northeastern BC and it’s close proximity to Alberta. The economy in Fort St. John is fueled by the natural gas industry, forestry, and tourism.
You can spend your day in a peaceful neighborhood with parks nearby or grab your bike to explore nature trails! Some of the most popular things for locals to do include snowboarding, skiing, and tobogganing in the winter months and hiking in summer. While Fort St. John is known for its outdoor activities, Downtown Fort St. John has a bustling and growing arts scene with galleries, theatre, music performances, and special events happening all the time. Residents can find something in Fort St. John to fit every taste.
Fort St. John has some of British Columbia’s most affordable housing! The average house costs $300,000 in Fort St. John and you’ll find everything from condos to bungalows, all within your budget! However, a majority of the homes in Fort St. John are single-family homes. One of the many great features in Fort St. John is that residents always have access to fresh air and beautiful views thanks to the city’s natural surroundings. Fort St. John is close enough for travel to larger cities like Vancouver, but it’s quaint enough for small town charm!
Fort St. John Transportation
The primary way to get around in Fort St. John is by car, but if you’re planning on living downtown, it’s typically easy to get around on foot. If driving is not your style and you want to explore the area more leisurely without having to worry about paying for parking or gas prices, the bus option will be perfect for you. Day passes are available as well as single tickets that can be used at any time of day with no expiration date on them, so they’ll work great in case of emergencies! The bus stops at many popular locations all over town including Mounties Park (the train station), Walmart, City Hall, Shell Gas Station, Fort St. John Union Bus Depot, and more.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 544km (338 miles) to Edmonton
- 714km (444 miles) to Calgary
- 788km (489 miles) to Vancouver
- 792km (492 miles) to Burnaby
Things To Do in Fort St. John, BC
There are many things to do in Fort St. John, such as swimming or skating at one of the many parks or enjoying fresh baked goods from local coffee shops downtown. There are a lot of ways to experience the city’s small town charm and beautiful views, including:
- Pomeroy Sport Centre introduction
- Home to a variety of sporting activities, this facility has something for everyone from soccer fields to curling rinks to basketball courts. Top it all off with the North Peace Arena, and this is the prime spot for any sports fanatic.
- North Peace Leisure Pool
- This state-of-the art facility is home to a 25 by 12.25 metre pool with three diving towers and two slides, perfect for any level of swimmer or diver! You’ll be submerged in fun from the moment you step inside this incredible space.
- Mighty Peace Brewing Co.
- The Mighty Peace Brewing Co. is one of the newest additions to Fort St. John! This brewery features a tasting room and production floor, making it perfect for anyone looking for good food or drinks while exploring all that North Peace Country has to offer.
- Fort St. John North Peace Museum
- If you’re looking for a place to learn about Fort St. John’s rich history, then the North Peace Museum is where you want to be! This museum features an interactive museum of early days in Fort St. John as well as some rare artifacts from years ago that are worth checking out.
- Beatton Provincial Park
- Why not spend some time in the great outdoors? Beatton Provincial Park is a popular location to explore, as it features hiking trails and camping areas for those who want to see what Fort St. John has to offer.
- Fish Creek Community Forest
- Fish Creek Community Forest is an excellent place to get out and explore throughout the year! They offer walking trails for all skill levels, as well as campsites where you can stay overnight. It’s the perfect location whether you’re looking for a day campground or a weekend camping adventure.
- North Peace Cultural Centre
- For a truly unique experience, visit the North Peace Cultural Centre. While you’re there, don’t miss out on some of the incredible art exhibits they have to offer!
Fort St. john Day Trips
There are so many things to do in Fort St. John, that can be done on any budget! For those looking for a day trip out of the city, there’s plenty to choose from. Here are some of our favourite choices for day trips out of Fort St. John:
- Pink Mountain gets its unique name because when the wildflowers are in bloom, the mountain looks, well, pink! Regardless of the time of year you go, the views will not disappoint. Just over 2 hours from Fort St. John, this mountain has rare wildlife, flowers, and incredible sunrises (if you can get there early enough)! It’s a must-see for any Fort St. John resident.
- If you’re looking for a quick day trip, one of the most famous landmarks in British Columbia is the Kiskatinaw Bridge! It’s a scenic drive to get there and the views from the bridge are unforgettable.
- Mile 0 Post is a great location to look into if you’re wanting to spend the day outdoors! It’s a popular starting point for many hikes and offers stunning views of the beautiful town. A quick drive from Fort St. John, this is a simple day trip with views you won’t forget!