Fredericton, NB Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Fredericton NB Homes For Sale
Fantastic income opportunity just a stone's throw to the Universities! Affectionately known as ""Big Tweeds"" (the 2-storey main house) and ""Little Tweeds"" (the on-level subsidiary house), this property offers a two-in-one side by side rental, idea
You should see the inside!! This trendy bungalow is located in a quiet neighborhood close to all amenities and a park, and has a paved driveway & a fenced-in backyard! The main level of this home boasts an open concept design between the livingroom,
Your oasis in the city! This 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home has undergone extensive renovation and offers space for everyone, both inside and out. The main floor is filled with natural light and here you will find a bright kitchen, living room with firep
Prime location in the center of the city; the property is close to all amenities: schools, shopping, YMCA, etc. Going through to the front door will invite you to a bright cozy living room with an elegant gas fireplace, the large bay window with buil
Family home in popular Lincoln Heights. Centrally located with easy access to both Fredericton and Oromocto, this home is ready for a new family. Main floor has a large livingroom/diningroom area, kitchen with quartz countertops, patio doors to deck
Welcome to 129 Southampton! This beautiful bungalow with income potential has seen many upgrades in the last year! Upstairs offers original hardwood floors, main level laundry, 3 good sized bedrooms, large dining space with the cutest window seat, up
Welcome to 25 Hollybrook St! Located on a quiet street in a friendly neighborhood on Fredericton's Northside, this bungalow recently had fresh paint throughout the main level and is waiting for a new family to call it home. Upstairs you'll find 3 bed
Beauty on the outside and the inside! Located on a quiet Cut de Sac in Garden Creek School District this is the perfect home. When you pull into the driveway you will be wowed by the curb appeal. Beautiful new stone steps lead you up to the front doo
The perfect home doesnt exis- oh wait! In the heart of one of Frederictons most desirable neighborhoods and at an accessible price point! Lilac Cres is a special street. Picturesque, a great community, and within sight lines of both Park Street Eleme
Welcome to 59 Haileys Way, Morning Gate Subdivision. Located on one of the largest lots ( over ½ acre ) in this sought after Fredericton South family subdivision, this home is loaded. Enter the main level to the open concept living space with beautif
Attention developers! Development land for on Burns Street. Zoned R-5, this property has a conceptual design and layout for a 15 unit townhouse development. Take advantage of the hot market, low housing supply, and great location. Vendor to subdivide
WELCOME HOME! If you're looking for that turn-key home in one of Fredericton's most sought-after areas. THEN I HAVE THE PLACE FOR YOU! As you enter this beautiful two-storey home, you will be greeted by a large foyer. Continue into the living room wh
NEW Construction! Located in a quiet neighbourhood at the top of Stapleton Street just off Springhill Road. This modern 2-storey home is in the process of being ready for a new family to call home by mid-December! The home boasts everything a family
Great home in family friendly neighborhood! This 3 bedroom home is conveniently located close to schools, and businesses. This home is move-in ready, and features a cozy breakfast nook, spacious rear deck, and detached garage with electric opener. Lo
This home checks all the boxes, great location, near all amenities and has been well maintained. Main floor features a nice galley style kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom, principal bedroom (very large as was previously two bedrooms) and a
Looking for a lovely two storey home on Fredericton northside which is centrally located for the utmost convenience. The main floor greets you by way of a bright mud room with large windows bringing in all the natural light. Great place to sit and en
Welcome to this spacious 2 Bedroom condo on top floor overlooking Saint John River! Galley kitchen with lots of counter & cupboard space which includes a fridge, stove & dishwasher. The bright dining room leads into spacious living room with patio do
New construction ready for the new year. Located in the ever-growing Haven Heights subdivision, this stylish new build is sure to impress. The main level offers an open concept living space w/ stunning kitchen including Centre Island, spacious living
Situated on the edge of Downtown and across the street from beautiful Odell Park and the walking trail, you simply can't beat this location! Welcome to unit #307, Sunshine Terrace Condominiums! Enjoy a low maintenance lifestyle in this professionally
About Fredericton, NB
Nestled along the Saint John River banks, Fredericton is a welcoming city with an amicable and relaxed atmosphere. This small city in northeastern Canada offers plenty to enjoy for anyone who moves here. The river defines Fredericton in ways that are more than just its geography. Walkways and bike paths along the river lead you to the city’s main street, and many locations in the area have gorgeous views of its waters.
When moving to Fredericton, you can be confident that you are moving to a community that prides itself on sustainability efforts. As an environmental leader, Fredericton emphasizes smart energy, efficient growth, climate change action, and green spaces. When you make your home in this sustainable city, you will create a better future.
There are a variety of housing options in Fredericton, from heritage homes in university districts to suburban estates. As a central location with easy access to many nearby communities, Fredericton is ideal for young families and professionals who want to live in smaller neighbourhoods. Besides the riverfront properties, neighbourhoods here range from quiet with plenty of greenspaces to livelier areas close to public transportation.
Fredericton offers the best in culture and fine arts, while still providing ample parks and green spaces to relax in. Known as the “Atlantic Canada’s Craft Brewing Capital“, you can explore the Taproom Trail, which will take you to the city’s finest taprooms. If you’d rather see some nature for the day, the Fredericton Trail System offers 120km of trails along the Saint John River. Odell Park is an excellent place to stop and smell the roses, with Fredericton’s Botanic Garden providing a number of plants and flowers that grow in the area. For a taste of local cuisine and businesses, Fredericton holds 4 different markets on the regular. Go check out some of your favourite vendors, and try some new ones along the way! Between all that, The Playhouse, the Fredericton Region Museum, and the Beaverbrook Art Gallery, you’ll always find a new experience in your new hometown.
Fredericton’s economy is heavily dependent on the public sector, as its sustainable and creative culture regularly attracts visitors to the town. However, the IT and commercial sectors are growing throughout the city, with Fredericton housing the province’s highest percentage of post-secondary graduates. Speaking of educational opportunities, New Brunswick Community College, New Brunswick College of Craft and Design, and the Maritime College of Forest Technology are all located in Fredericton. If you have smaller children, the Anglophone West School District offers plenty of public and private schooling options with both English and French immersion.
The Fredericton region is well served by a transportation network that includes buses, ferries, and trains. If you don’t have your own vehicle, no need to fear! The New Brunswick Transit system provides bus service to the entire province, with a number of different routes available in Fredericton. The city also has easy access to two intercity bus providers – Maritime Bus and Greyhound Canada. The ferry system connects Fredericton to Woodstock, NB over the Saint John River on Highway 102. The Fredericton Railway Station is served by the Ocean train service, and is an important transit hub for central New Brunswick that provides regional rail services to Saint John, Moncton, Sussex, and more. When you need to fly out of town, Fredericton International Airport will provide service wherever you need to go.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 279km (173 miles) to Halifax
- 366km (227 miles) to Quebec City
- 527km (327 miles) to Boston, MA
- 534km (331 miles) to Longueuil
Things To Do in Fredericton, NB
Fredericton is a bustling city filled with culture and fun, and there’s no shortage of things to do there. When you move to the city, if you have some free time we highly recommend checking out some of our favourite spots. Here are some of our recommendations:
- If you’re looking for fresh local produce, then Fredericton Boyce Farmers Market is the place to go. It’s open year-round, and there’s plenty of variety available. Whether you’re looking for some fruits and vegetables or maybe a nice daisy for your new garden, there will be something to suit your tastes.
- If you’d rather get your produce from a different kind of farm, then perhaps The Brewhouse is more up your alley. It’s the Fredericton area’s only brewery and offers tours every Saturday at 1:30pm – so hop in and check them out.
- With over 500 acres of land to explore, Odell Park is a great place to go for a hike. There’s no shortage of nature and wildlife in the area, so you never know what kind of interesting things you might see on your way from point A to point B.
- The Market is a weekly event where you can buy handmade products, as well as local and imported items. You’ll also find art, craft, and design pieces, clothing for both adults and children (including imported brands!), locally-grown farm products, microbrews from the region or beyond, ciders and spirits made in our backyard–and of course, the food!
- This trail is worth checking out for its scenic views alone. As you make your way along the trail, take the time to enjoy all of the natural beauty that’s around you and build some beautiful memories here with friends or family.
- When you’re ready to get out of the city, head on over to Officers’ Square, a military museum. It’s free and open year-round from 10:00am until 5:00pm – so whether you want to learn more about the history of New Brunswick or just have some fun, it’s worth checking out!
- Perhaps one of the more unique buildings in Fredericton is The Legislative Assembly Building. If you’re interested in history, this building has plenty to offer with its military exhibitions and displays on World War I and II.
- If you’re interested in beautiful architecture, perhaps one of the best sites to see in Fredericton is Christ Church Cathedral. The cathedral’s unique architecture brings a lot of attention to this beautiful church, and it’s worth visiting.
- For a fun way to spend an evening, we recommend checking out Picaroons Brewhouse. They offer a variety of food and drinks at their brewery, including some unique pizza options. The service is quick, so you can have lunch there in the afternoon and then go back for dinner once your shift’s over!
- If you’re looking to do a little shopping, the Lighthouse is one of the best places to go in Fredericton. It’s filled with unique shops and boutiques, as well as some interesting restaurants that serve up some delicious food!
Fredericton Day Trips
Fredericton is conveniently located near a number of great day trip destinations. Some are within a few minutes and some within a few hours, so there’s an option no matter how much time you have. Here are some of our favourites to get you started:
- About an hour from Fredericton is Mactaquac Provincial Park, which is home to various recreational activities and water sports. If you’re looking for some fun in the sun, take your pick between fishing on the river or exploring one of their hiking trails. If you’d rather stay dry, try kayaking down the river or biking the trails. Better yet, combine it all and kayak up the river, then hike back out!
- About 40 minutes from Fredericton is Gagetown, New Brunswick, which is home to the Canadian Army’s armoured reconnaissance regiment – The Royal New Brunswick Regiment (A.D.)’s 2nd Battalion, as well as the Gagetown Military Heritage Centre. The military offers some great museums and tours that are open to the public, and there’s no better way to learn about Canadian history than through first-hand experience.
- About 30 minutes from Fredericton is Hazen Park Marina, which offers public marina facilities on the Saint John River. There are also some great trails throughout the park that are open to hiking, biking, and cross-country skiing in the winter months! If you want to get out on the water for an adventure of your own, kayak rentals are available on site.
- About 2 hours northeast of Fredericton is the Miramichi River, which offers some great kayaking opportunities and some unique stores and cafés. On the Miramichi River, you can find one-of-a-kind salmon fishing experiences, as well as a variety of hiking trails and interesting history museums. Some of the more popular stores include Pineland Iron Works and Hunterdon Waterfalls.