Medicine Hat, AB Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Medicine Hat AB Homes For Sale
EXCELLENT 1684 SQ FT 3 BDRM 2 BATH BUNGALOW WITH ATTACHED 22×26 GARAGE & ALL SEASON SUNROOM! Lovingly cared for and well-maintained this home boasts NEW 30 YEAR SHINGLES in 2016 PLUS NEW fixtures & fixtures, new blinds, newer hot water tank ( 2018) &
Nicely renovated home in South West Southridge. New Cupboards, flooring, paint, baseboards and furnace. Features a main floor laundry and large 5 piece bathroom. Heated single garage as well as covered carport. Easy to show. (id:32990)
Welcome home to the fabulous, cozy bungalow boasting a beautiful backyard with deck and various patio areas. So many upgrades which include a metal shingled roof, new windows and doors, new high efficiency furnace, new air-conditioning unit, maintena
Beautifully finished home in an excellent retirement community. 2 bedrooms on main level. Master bedroom is nicely appointed with large ensuite and walk in closet. This fine home has never been lived in and is ready for your unique finishings. Condo
Welcome Home. This beautiful 4 level split in Ross Glen will surely not disappoint!! With many new upgrades that include new flooring, baseboard and wall paint this home features a double attached garage, fully fenced yard, no neighbours behind and i
**Professional photos and virtual tour to be uploaded later this week** Affordable and renovated, this 3 bedroom 2 bathroom duplex in Crescent Heights offers plenty of value. The warm and welcoming feeling upon entering puts you right at home. The ma
Great potential in this 1581 square foot character home. Mature neighbourhood close to many schools and amenities. Three large bedrooms upstairs. Just needs the right person to give it a little TLC! Property is sold as is, where is at time of possess
Have a look at this great family home in a great Southridge neighborhood! Close to schools and shopping and all that the south side has to offer! This 1852 sq ft Two-Storey Split features 5 bedrooms in total . 3 are upstairs , 1 on the main floor , a
Looking for a fantastic family home? This may be the ONE for you! With 3+1 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, this fully finished two storey backs onto a beautiful city park. Features of this home include a spacious entryway, good size kitchen with dark stain
Unique 1839 SqFt split level located in Ross Glen! As you walk into this home you will be greeted by a functional entry space, a bedroom that would make a perfect office, main floor laundry with a new washer/ dryer, and a 2 piece bathroom perfect for
If you are looking for a great family home with very good access to everywhere this may be it. With three plus two bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a lot of living space there is room to grow. Home has a fenced back / side yard and a 9' X 24' three season s
Welcome to pretty, quiet Dominion Street. This 4 bed 2 bath bungalow is situated on a huge 50' x 150' lot. The detached single car garage has extra space for a workshop or storage. The spacious back yard is fully fenced with a large shed, extra parki
Pet friendly town home located just minutes from the hospital, downtown, schools, and easy access to the highway. The upper level features the spacious living room, a combined kitchen / dining area , and a 2 piece bathroom. Downstairs you will find t
OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY OCT 30 FROM 1-4 PM. Looking to downsize or for your first home? This lovely bungalow is ideally located on a quiet street in the Sunset area of Saamis Heights, only a half block away from the coulee pathways. This home is move-in
This updated and functional property sits on a large lot, located close to Medicine Hat College, Shopping, Leisure, Schools, and all other amenities. The layout works well for a couple, a small family, or as a revenue property for savvy investors! Th
Desirable location in the Exclusive Stone Gate Villas with No Condo fees is where you will find this wonderful 3 bedroom and 2.5 bath home. The main floor has an open concept design with updated granite and tile counters in the kitchen, large living
THE LOCATION AND THE VIEW YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! This fantastic bungalow is located on the very edge of the city with an incredible NE facing view that is difficult to match! The 70×143 lot provides you with a terrific fully landscaped, fenced yard
Check out this beautiful unit. It features a great open floor plan with a nice size pantry. It also has a nice size deck. This unit is close to the elevator, parks and shopping. Condo fees include all utilities. Phone and cable are not included. (id:
Bright, Vacant and Move in Ready! This single bedroom unit is located on the 3rd floor of South View Grand, arguably one of the best Adult Living buildings in Medicine Hat. This 50+ age restricted complex has EXTENSIVE amenities featuring an indoor p
Welcome to this well-kept, clean and bright Crescent Heights bungalow in a great neighbourhood! Parks, schools, and playgrounds nearby, as well as the Leisure Centre, shopping and other amenities. As you step into the home you will find a spacious li
About Medicine Hat, AB
Welcome to Medicine Hat, Alberta! This city is located in the southeast region of Canada and has a population of over 60,000 people. Medicine Hat provides the convenience and entertainment of a major city without the crazy traffic or overpopulated areas. If you’re looking for real estate in this area, we can help with information on average home prices and what’s popular right now. You’ll also find some great tips on how to get around town! Keep reading to explore more about what life is like in Medicine Hat.
The history of Medicine Hat begins with the discovery of coal in 1883. The city was originally named Coalbanks, but was renamed Medicine Hat because of its proximity to the South Saskatchewan River and a nearby hill where bison hunters had been using an embossed hat as a signal since 1870.
Since then, Medicine Hat has been known for its culture and variety of entertainment, restaurants, shopping centers. Those who live in Medicine Hat enjoy local spots such as Central Park and Lions Park. Residents can also enjoy annual performances, events, and festivals like Medicine Hat Exhibition and Stampede and Medicine Hat Jazz Festival in September. One of the most notable places is the Medicine Hat Arena Sports Complex that opened in 2015 and includes two ice sheets, one indoor field house with four soccer pitches on its lower level, as well as multi-purpose rooms for tournaments and exhibitions. There are also many golf courses and some great parks in the area like Southside Park, which offers a lot of opportunities for hiking or exploring nature. For something more adventurous, Medicine Hat Provincial Recreation Area is another crowd favourite when it comes to some outdoor fun.
If you’re moving the family to Medicine Hat, there’s some great public schools in the area like Medicine Hat Secondary, which offers a lot of enrichment opportunities to students. There are also many private and international school options available if you’re looking for something different. As far as employment opportunities go, Medicine Hat has a diverse economy with plenty of opportunities for everyone. The economy is primarily fueled by the petroleum and natural gas industries, but there are also plenty of opportunities in healthcare, manufacturing, education, business services, and more.
The real estate market in Medicine Hat, Alberta is a well established one with many homes for sale. The average price of buying or selling homes in the area hovers around $250,000 and you are sure to find something to suit your needs, whether it be single-family, townhouses, condos, or duplexes. Most of what you’ll find in Medicine Hat are detached, single-family homes, with townhouses and condos making up a smaller percentage of the housing market. Medicine Hat also has some properties for rent available in multi-unit buildings.
Medicine Hat Transportation
Public transportation is available in Medicine Hat with buses running on regular routes, and taxis are also a great way to get around. There’s no airport nearby so you’ll have to fly into Calgary International Airport or Edmonton International Airport first before heading over. There are bus routes that run throughout the city of Medicine Hat. Some of these include Route 16 which runs from downtown Medicine Hat through most parts of the town until it reaches its end at Ogden Pointe Shopping Centre. Other bus companies like Greyhound Bus Lines also service Alberta including destinations such as Medicine Hat, Edmonton, and Calgary. If you’d like to walk the city, we recommend using the sidewalks, bike paths, and parks so you can get a chance to really see Medicine Hat.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 267km (166 miles) to Calgary
- 440km (273 miles) to Edmonton
- 815km (506 miles) to Boise, ID
- 872km (542 miles) to Surrey
Things To Do in Medicine Hat, AB
The city of Medicine Hat has a number of attractions for residents and visitors alike. You can take in the local culture at one of the many museums, visit some parks, or spend time with family by going to one of the three movie theatres. Here are some city favourites:
- Medalta Regional Heritage Museum
- The Medalta Regional Heritage Museum is a small institution housed in the former Saskatchewan Provincial Bank Building. The building was constructed in 1908 and acquired by Alberta for use as an arts centre, offering space to artists from across Canada. In addition to hosting contemporary art exhibitions, this museum also has permanent collections that reflect Medicine Hat’s history.
- Echodale Regional Park
- The Echodale Regional Park is a large green space that offers many different recreational opportunities: you can walk the trails, go mountain biking, cross-country skiing, or snowshoeing. You can also enjoy picnics in the shade of some ancient cedar trees and see Medicine Hat’s beautiful views right from this park.
- Medicine Hat Brewing Company
- The Medicine Hat Brewing Company is a local brewery that offers tours and tastings. They are also able to offer beer for sale in their on-site store, so if you find something you like, you can pick up some of this delicious Alberta craft beer to take home with you!
- Kin Coulee Park
- Kin Coulee Park is a favourite destination for many Medicine Hat residents and offers great places to walk or bike. The park also features tennis courts, horseshoe pits, as well as picnic areas.
- Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre
- The Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre is a hub for creativity in Medicine Hat. The centre offers arts workshops, galleries, and performances to visitors of all ages.
- Medicine Hat Arena Sports Complex
- The Medicine Hat Arena Sports Complex is home to the Medicine Hat Tigers, an Alberta Junior Hockey League team. The complex offers a variety of activities for your whole family including ice time rentals and skate sharpening services!
- Cottonwood Canyon Hiking Trail
- The Cottonwood Canyon Hiking Trail is a challenging and scenic hike in Medicine Hat. The trail starts at the Sheep River Provincial Recreation Area, and it features gorgeous views of towering cottonwoods along its length!
- Medicine Hat Provincial Recreation Area
- The Medicine Hat Provincial Recreation Area is a picturesque provincial park in the foothills of Alberta. The recreation area features stunning views, paved trails for cycling and walking, camping, rock climbing opportunities, and lots of wildlife to see such as deer and bighorn sheep!
- Medicine Hat Exhibition and Stampede
- The Medicine Hat Exhibition and Stampede is a large annual event that features music, rodeo events, and live performances by well-known artists such as Johnny Reid. This is also one of the largest festivals in Alberta for agricultural activism!
- Police Point Park
- Police Point Park is a beautiful spot with an amazing view of the city, perfect for being outdoors and picnicking. The park has plenty of space to enjoy, including playgrounds, walking trails, outdoor art installations, and more!
Medicine Hat Day Trips
There are lots of day trips from Medicine Hat, Alberta that you can take. If you’re looking for a little culture and history or just looking to get out in nature, there is sure to be something nearby!
- Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park
- The Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park is perfect for those who want to get out in nature. The park features Canada’s most diverse prairie ecosystem and has lots of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails that can be enjoyed year round! The park also includes campgrounds, picnic areas, and a visitor centre. Cypress Hills is only around an hour from Medicine Hat and is a great day trip for those who enjoy nature.
- The Big Hill Springs Provincial Park
- The Big Hill Springs Provincial Park is a great place to go for a quick day trip. There are two different camping areas and one that offers full service RV hookups with showers, cooking facilities, and laundry as well! The park also has lots of trails where you can see elk or even grizzlies if they’re in the area. The park is open year round and you can even bring your pup! Big Hill Springs is a 3 hour drive from Medicine Hat and makes for a great day trip with the family.
- Dinosaur Provincial Park
- Dinosaur Provincial Park is a place where you can see fossils and dinosaur footprints. The park offers hiking and biking trails as well as campgrounds for overnight visitors! You’ll be able to see interpretive tours and walk down some amazing hiking trails. Only about an hour and 15 minutes from Medicine Hat, more than 50 dinosaur species have been discovered here, and it is the largest badlands area in all of Canada!
- About a three-hour drive from Medicine Hat, Calgary is an awesome place to go visit! It’s a big city with a ton of outdoor activities. From the Rocky Mountains to Banff National Park, you’ll be able to ski for days on end and enjoy some great views around this whole area. Whether you just want to explore the city or take to the slopes, Calgary is an exciting day trip.