Medicine Hat, AB Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Medicine Hat AB Homes For Sale
Centrally located 5 bedroom bungalow perfect for first time home buyers or revenue seekers. This cute home boasts hardwood on the main floor. Semi open kitchen/dining area with ample cabinetry, a tile countertop/backsplash and pantry. The dining area
This 2 bedroom main floor condo shows exceptionally well with newer flooring and paint throughout. Underground parking stall is included with this unit. The living room has sliding doors to the deck area, with the eat in kitchen having a full applian
A truly remarkable family home. 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms located close to schools, trails, parks and more! With attached heated double garage and RV Parking with it's own RV plug-in, there is all kinds of parking space. The pie shaped yard is spacious
Looking for a business opportunity? Well after 30 years in this business, the owner of MTM Granite has decided to try some retirement living. This business could be yours and the owner is willing to stay on for 6 to 12 months to train you in this ver
Feast your eyes on this one of a kind property, there is no lot like this in Medicine Hat! This beautiful two storey home features high end finishes and has all the features that you would expect in a dream home. The main floor features a spacious en
GREAT RESTAURANT OPPORTUNITY . Newly Major Renovated Long Established 230 seat restaurant Fully Licensed, creates a comfortable dining experience. All Restaurant Equipment's & Fixtures are included in Turnkey Operation and Business Only. Located in a
This is a rare find! Well maintained and updated free-standing commercial building on a double corner lot in downtown Medicine Hat. The main floor offers 3, 314 square feet, while the lower (walk-out) space offers 3, 071 square feet. A variety of imp
Well known restaurant and catering business . Location is excellent for this business and has done very well over the years. Kitchen has been kept up to date plus being very well equipped. List of all equipment wil be supplied with serial numbers whe
Dream it, Build it!The appeal of the infill is for buyers wanting something new but closer to downtown; new house mature neighbourhood. Infill housing allows you to build new on a mature lot & live in an established community with amenities such as r
PRIME LOCATION IN BOX SPRINGS!! 1.32 acres of prime land available next to a strip mall with a variety of businesses, along the main road to Costco, Princess Auto, Hamptons Inn, Boston Pizza, The Keg and much more. (id:32990)
INCREDIBLE is just one word to describe this home that has been redesigned and reconfigured to create an amazing living atmosphere that is perfect for your growing family! The thoughtfully designed kitchen is perfect for the chef(s) in the family & f
A must see updated and cute four level split nestled in Ross Glen! This 2+2 bedroom – 2 bathroom home is located just a few doors away from the Christian School, a large green space and not far from the coulees and walking paths. This home has been w
HUGE value in this cute turn-key bungalow located on a 50X150 lot. The main floor features an open concept living/kitchen area with large upgraded windows throughout. The kitchen is located at the rear of the house which has stainless steel appliance
Norwood Grande, a carefree way of living in this adult only condominium. A great open concept home features a master bedroom with a large walk-in closet, and a 3 pc ensuite just off the living space. Another room nice sized room can be used as an off
Two 60' view lots overlooking South Flats, great opportunity to build multifamily revenue building. 1042 sqft starter or revenue home existing on 515 – fully rented. Sale includes 515 and 527 6 ave se. (id:32990)
Welcome to this beautiful Bungalow style condo with NO STAIRS! This unit is perfect for retirees, first time home buyers or revenue seekers. This 2 bedroom, 2 bath, plus den(which could function as a 3rd bedroom) offers a very spacious layout and sho
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! This property has been listed and this is your first opportunity to own this 2 rental unit located near the river, parks, all amenities, which has been meticulously maintained over the years. These 3 bedroom and 1.5 bathroom u
Unique townhome with no condo fees located close to downtown and all amenities. This 5 level split unit has and attached garage with two parking spots out front. The living room is large and spacious with sliding doors to the front balcony with views
This well kept comfortable family home in a quiet family friendly neighborhood is waiting for you. The brand new kitchen features a gas stove, a stainless steel fridge, a stainless steel dishwasher and an over the range built in stainless steel micro
Wonderful family home in the heart of Ross Glen! This home is sure to impress from the moment you enter! With 3 good sized rooms up and a 2 pc ensuite off the master that has has seen a refresh! The eat-in kitchen has tons of cabinets and counter spa
About Medicine Hat, AB
Welcome to Medicine Hat, Alberta! This city is located in the southeast region of Canada and has a population of over 60,000 people. Medicine Hat provides the convenience and entertainment of a major city without the crazy traffic or overpopulated areas. If you’re looking for real estate in this area, we can help with information on average home prices and what’s popular right now. You’ll also find some great tips on how to get around town! Keep reading to explore more about what life is like in Medicine Hat.
The history of Medicine Hat begins with the discovery of coal in 1883. The city was originally named Coalbanks, but was renamed Medicine Hat because of its proximity to the South Saskatchewan River and a nearby hill where bison hunters had been using an embossed hat as a signal since 1870.
Since then, Medicine Hat has been known for its culture and variety of entertainment, restaurants, shopping centers. Those who live in Medicine Hat enjoy local spots such as Central Park and Lions Park. Residents can also enjoy annual performances, events, and festivals like Medicine Hat Exhibition and Stampede and Medicine Hat Jazz Festival in September. One of the most notable places is the Medicine Hat Arena Sports Complex that opened in 2015 and includes two ice sheets, one indoor field house with four soccer pitches on its lower level, as well as multi-purpose rooms for tournaments and exhibitions. There are also many golf courses and some great parks in the area like Southside Park, which offers a lot of opportunities for hiking or exploring nature. For something more adventurous, Medicine Hat Provincial Recreation Area is another crowd favourite when it comes to some outdoor fun.
If you’re moving the family to Medicine Hat, there’s some great public schools in the area like Medicine Hat Secondary, which offers a lot of enrichment opportunities to students. There are also many private and international school options available if you’re looking for something different. As far as employment opportunities go, Medicine Hat has a diverse economy with plenty of opportunities for everyone. The economy is primarily fueled by the petroleum and natural gas industries, but there are also plenty of opportunities in healthcare, manufacturing, education, business services, and more.
The real estate market in Medicine Hat, Alberta is a well established one with many homes for sale. The average price of buying or selling homes in the area hovers around $250,000 and you are sure to find something to suit your needs, whether it be single-family, townhouses, condos, or duplexes. Most of what you’ll find in Medicine Hat are detached, single-family homes, with townhouses and condos making up a smaller percentage of the housing market. Medicine Hat also has some properties for rent available in multi-unit buildings.
Medicine Hat Transportation
Public transportation is available in Medicine Hat with buses running on regular routes, and taxis are also a great way to get around. There’s no airport nearby so you’ll have to fly into Calgary International Airport or Edmonton International Airport first before heading over. There are bus routes that run throughout the city of Medicine Hat. Some of these include Route 16 which runs from downtown Medicine Hat through most parts of the town until it reaches its end at Ogden Pointe Shopping Centre. Other bus companies like Greyhound Bus Lines also service Alberta including destinations such as Medicine Hat, Edmonton, and Calgary. If you’d like to walk the city, we recommend using the sidewalks, bike paths, and parks so you can get a chance to really see Medicine Hat.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 267km (166 miles) to Calgary
- 440km (273 miles) to Edmonton
- 815km (506 miles) to Boise, ID
- 872km (542 miles) to Surrey
Things To Do in Medicine Hat, AB
The city of Medicine Hat has a number of attractions for residents and visitors alike. You can take in the local culture at one of the many museums, visit some parks, or spend time with family by going to one of the three movie theatres. Here are some city favourites:
- Medalta Regional Heritage Museum
- The Medalta Regional Heritage Museum is a small institution housed in the former Saskatchewan Provincial Bank Building. The building was constructed in 1908 and acquired by Alberta for use as an arts centre, offering space to artists from across Canada. In addition to hosting contemporary art exhibitions, this museum also has permanent collections that reflect Medicine Hat’s history.
- Echodale Regional Park
- The Echodale Regional Park is a large green space that offers many different recreational opportunities: you can walk the trails, go mountain biking, cross-country skiing, or snowshoeing. You can also enjoy picnics in the shade of some ancient cedar trees and see Medicine Hat’s beautiful views right from this park.
- Medicine Hat Brewing Company
- The Medicine Hat Brewing Company is a local brewery that offers tours and tastings. They are also able to offer beer for sale in their on-site store, so if you find something you like, you can pick up some of this delicious Alberta craft beer to take home with you!
- Kin Coulee Park
- Kin Coulee Park is a favourite destination for many Medicine Hat residents and offers great places to walk or bike. The park also features tennis courts, horseshoe pits, as well as picnic areas.
- Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre
- The Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre is a hub for creativity in Medicine Hat. The centre offers arts workshops, galleries, and performances to visitors of all ages.
- Medicine Hat Arena Sports Complex
- The Medicine Hat Arena Sports Complex is home to the Medicine Hat Tigers, an Alberta Junior Hockey League team. The complex offers a variety of activities for your whole family including ice time rentals and skate sharpening services!
- Cottonwood Canyon Hiking Trail
- The Cottonwood Canyon Hiking Trail is a challenging and scenic hike in Medicine Hat. The trail starts at the Sheep River Provincial Recreation Area, and it features gorgeous views of towering cottonwoods along its length!
- Medicine Hat Provincial Recreation Area
- The Medicine Hat Provincial Recreation Area is a picturesque provincial park in the foothills of Alberta. The recreation area features stunning views, paved trails for cycling and walking, camping, rock climbing opportunities, and lots of wildlife to see such as deer and bighorn sheep!
- Medicine Hat Exhibition and Stampede
- The Medicine Hat Exhibition and Stampede is a large annual event that features music, rodeo events, and live performances by well-known artists such as Johnny Reid. This is also one of the largest festivals in Alberta for agricultural activism!
- Police Point Park
- Police Point Park is a beautiful spot with an amazing view of the city, perfect for being outdoors and picnicking. The park has plenty of space to enjoy, including playgrounds, walking trails, outdoor art installations, and more!
Medicine Hat Day Trips
There are lots of day trips from Medicine Hat, Alberta that you can take. If you’re looking for a little culture and history or just looking to get out in nature, there is sure to be something nearby!
- Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park
- The Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park is perfect for those who want to get out in nature. The park features Canada’s most diverse prairie ecosystem and has lots of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails that can be enjoyed year round! The park also includes campgrounds, picnic areas, and a visitor centre. Cypress Hills is only around an hour from Medicine Hat and is a great day trip for those who enjoy nature.
- The Big Hill Springs Provincial Park
- The Big Hill Springs Provincial Park is a great place to go for a quick day trip. There are two different camping areas and one that offers full service RV hookups with showers, cooking facilities, and laundry as well! The park also has lots of trails where you can see elk or even grizzlies if they’re in the area. The park is open year round and you can even bring your pup! Big Hill Springs is a 3 hour drive from Medicine Hat and makes for a great day trip with the family.
- Dinosaur Provincial Park
- Dinosaur Provincial Park is a place where you can see fossils and dinosaur footprints. The park offers hiking and biking trails as well as campgrounds for overnight visitors! You’ll be able to see interpretive tours and walk down some amazing hiking trails. Only about an hour and 15 minutes from Medicine Hat, more than 50 dinosaur species have been discovered here, and it is the largest badlands area in all of Canada!
- About a three-hour drive from Medicine Hat, Calgary is an awesome place to go visit! It’s a big city with a ton of outdoor activities. From the Rocky Mountains to Banff National Park, you’ll be able to ski for days on end and enjoy some great views around this whole area. Whether you just want to explore the city or take to the slopes, Calgary is an exciting day trip.