Nanaimo, BC Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Nanaimo BC Homes For Sale
Tastefully updated 2 bedroom home with a beautiful setting on Long Lake, a jewel among Nanaimo's parks. With its own dock, you can launch your kayak or canoe to enjoy this lakefront location. You are also within easy walking distance to a major mall
Developer alert! This 14.2 acres of land close to downtown Nanaimo. located just off Old Victoria Rd, Currently zoned residential, adjoins large parcel zoned light industrial, City of Nanaimo may be rezoning to some multi-family and residential. This
QUIET GREENBELT LIVING next to Millstone River while being centrally located just steps to Downtown! Riverstone is conveniently a 10 min. walk to the downtown business district, Harbourfront walkway, shops and restaurants. This 2 bedroom 2 bathroom g
Welcome to this bright home with a great floor plan located in North Nanaimo. Enjoy the ease and convenience of parking in the garage and bringing your groceries right into this complete main level living area. This 1465 sq ft home is the upper unit
Development or building opportunity. Keep the house and create another huge lot leaving both with potential for carriage homes, or potentially create 3 building lots out of this property. 19763 sq ft lot. Buyer to verify with city any sub-division po
Eyecatching and affordable, this two-story three-bedroom two bath townhouse is one of 8 townhouse units in this classy condo complex. This townhouse offers open concept living space on the lower main level outfitted with laminate flooring a separate
Bright and Clean Lakeview Condo! This 3rd floor, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home has recently been refreshed and is ready for its new owner. Open floor plan shows incredibly well and features views of Long Lake from the deck, living room & primary bedroom
RIVERFRONT/PARKSIDE TOWNHOME Rare chance to earn some sweat equity in this busy market! With some updates, this 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom townhome with 2 huge decks will be an amazing place to live. Backing onto the Millstone River and overlooking Bowen
Exceptional views & family oriented neighbourhood in North Nanaimo! Rare opportunity in todays market to own this well maintained ocean view family home on low traffic cul-de-sac in desirable subdivision of Westhaven by Sea. Situated just steps away
Welcome to this terrific family home. Upon entering you will find a popular open concept design featuring the kitchen, dining room, and living area. The big beautiful kitchen is full of updates, with a large island, tons of wood cabinets, stainless a
Eyecatching and affordable, this two-story one-bedroom townhouse is one of 8 townhouse units in this classy condo complex. This townhouse gives you the living space on the lower main level outfitted with laminate flooring while having your bedroom, l
Complete renovation with captivating views! This 4 bed/3 bath North Nanaimo home has been beautifully updated and enjoys ocean views from sunrise to sunset. There is a new kitchen, new bathrooms (including an enlarged ensuite with heated floors and a
Investment opportunity in the heart of the University District! This solid 3 bed 2 bath home is ready for your ideas. This home sits on a large flat .20 acre lot with a separate garage, fruit trees, and a large sunny garden area. Opportunities like t
Like new North Nanaimo Home with over 3, 340 sq ft of living space! Many outstanding features throughout this 5-bedroom 4 bath home, including a 2-bedroom legal suite. The main level has an open floor plan that connects with the dining room and kitch
Location, Location, Location. downtown Nanaimo across from the Casino in the outdoor mall. This well established successful franchise restaurant is being offered for sale. The restaurant is in great condition and offers 114 seating with full bar and
Just over 1 acre of land zoned cor 3 made up of two legal lots. Ideal suited for mix of commercial and residential units. Fantastic wellington location in uptown nanaimo. Any second storey buildings will have a Long Lake View. Property is fenced and
Centrally located in Nanaimo, Rockwood Heights offers Developers a unique opportunity. This south facing development lot has views of Departure Bay, Nanaimo and Mount Benson. The West Coast contemporary style of Rockwood Heights and the natural beaut
Investment Property: Purpose – built rental housing generation over five percent return (net). New construction, just 3 city blocks from Vancouver Island University, 1 block from the Aquatic Centre, gym, parks and arena. Easy walk to the Old City Qua
29.16 acres potential development land. Current zoning is AR2 which is possibly allowed to 22 dwellings ( 2 dwellings per 2.47 acres) in current zoning; however, great potential to rezone the land to multiple family zoning with much higher density us
This will be a new iconic building in Downtown Nanaimo by the water! The DT5 zoning allows various developments, including hotel, condo, and mixed commercial and residential use. The floor area ratio is 3.3, the lot coverage ratio is 100%, and the ma
About Nanaimo, BC
Nanaimo is a coastal community in British Columbia, Canada. The city has a population of about 80,000 people and is home to many beautiful natural spaces. You might know Nanaimo from the iconic waterfront clock tower that towers over the downtown area or for its annual tulip festival. If you are looking for property to buy in this wonderful part of the world, there are plenty of options available! Whether you’re looking for residential real estate or commercial property, we can help find what you need!
Nanaimo is known for its endless supply of natural beauty. The city hit major growth in the late 1800s as a lumber town, and today Nanaimo is known for its beautiful beaches, forests, lakes, and rivers. If you want to explore some of these natural spaces then there are plenty of great options available!
If you’re looking to live in Nanaimo, you have to check out the Nanoose Bay Golf Course, Nanaimo Bike Park, Historic Chinatown, and the Ocean EXP Discovery Centre for some unique Nanaimo experiences. Nanaimo’s public school districts are known for their excellence in math and English. It’s also one of the few cities to offer French Immersion schools, with over 1000 students enrolled!
A great way to spend the day in Nanaimo is to visit the farms and orchards that surround the city. Nanaimo offers several farms that sell local and fresh produce for you and your family to enjoy. If you’re looking to explore the town with your pup, you can always head to one of Nanaimo’s many off-leash dog parks. Another popular way to spend the day is with a boat ride on one of Nanaimo’s many lakes or rivers. There are also several walking and biking paths along the city if you’d rather tour the coastline on land. Nanaimo’s downtown area offers a wide variety of local shops, galleries and eateries.
The real estate market in Nanaimo is very diverse, with a variety of homes at different price points. There are many developments happening all over Nanaimo in various stages of completion, which means there is always something new and exciting to explore. A majority of homes on offer are within the $200,000-400,000 price range. The types of home primarily offered in Nanaimo are single family dwellings, duplexes, and townhouses.
Getting around Nanaimo should not be a problem. The city of Nanaimo has public transit, taxis, and car rentals available for those that need them. Nanaimo Airport also makes it easy to fly into and out of the area without having to worry about any other transportation. The BC Ferry can get you from place to place across the water if you’d like to avoid driving. However, if you do have your own car in Nanaimo, most places have accessible parking. Downtown Nanaimo is walking-friendly, and there are many parks around the area to take a break among the scenery.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 61km (38 miles) to Vancouver
- 69km (42 miles) to Burnaby
- 83km (52 miles) to Surrey
- 92km (57 miles) to Victoria
Things To Do in Nanaimo, BC
When in Nanaimo, there are plenty of ways to spend your day. One of the most popular things to do is head into downtown Nanaimo and visit some of the great locally-owned boutiques. If you’re looking for something more adventurous, there are many hiking trails in the area that will take your breath away with their natural beauty. Here are some of our favorite options:
- Neck Point Park
- Neck Point Park is a great place to hike for the day. The park has trails that range from easy walking paths all the way up to challenging hikes with stunning views of Nanaimo and surrounding areas, making it an ideal excursion for people at any skill level.
- Harbourfront Walkway
- This walkway follows the Nanaimo harbour, and you’ll find that it is a popular place for people to spend time with their dog or enjoy an evening stroll. The entire route along this pathway is about seven kilometers in length, but don’t let that stop you from enjoying the beauty the harbourfront has to offer!
- Newcastle Island
- If you’re looking for a place to get up close and personal with nature, Newcastle Island is the perfect choice. This island has trails that showcase different types of coastal ecosystems, as well as opportunities to spot wildlife in their natural habitat. You’re just a short ferry ride to a whole new world!
- Pipers Lagoon Park
- If you’re looking for a great place to take your dog, then look no further than Pipers Lagoon Park. This off-leash park is huge and there’s plenty of room to let them run free while they sniff around!
- Westwood Lake Park
- Westwood Lake Park is a great place to hit the trails and take in some fresh air! You’ll be surrounded by lush forest, so make sure you bring your camera. With plenty of beautiful views, this is a great park to take the family to if you want to spend some time together outside.
- BC Ferries
- BC Ferries is a time-saver for anybody who wants to travel across the water. It’s an easy way to explore different parts of Vancouver Island without having to deal with traffic or long commutes.
- Maffeo Sutton Park
- Maffeo Sutton Park is a great spot to stop for lunch on your way into Nanaimo. There’s plenty of tables and benches, making it the perfect spot for a picnic with friends or family! Located downtown, there are also a few ice cream parlours for those steamy summer days.
- Nanaimo Museum
- The Nanaimo Museum is a great place to learn about the history of our beautiful city. Located in downtown, it’s easy to stop by when you’re passing through and want to take a break from sight-seeing for an hour or two! The museum even includes a simulation of a coal mine that you can walk through!
- Colliery Dam Park
- Ever want to experience what it’s like to swim in a natural pool? Come visit the Colliery Dam Park! Aside from providing a nice swim, there are plenty of hiking trails and picnic areas, making this an ideal spot for families.
- Jack Point and Biggs Park
- The iconic Jack Point Lighthouse, as well as the Biggs Park are great spots for a scenic hike and to enjoy the views. Located on one of Nanaimo’s headlands, it’s also an excellent spot for bird-watching!
Nanaimo Day Trips
While Nanaimo is a beautiful place to live, sometimes you want to get out of town for the day. There are several day trips you can take out of Nanaimo that allow you to see the beauty of surrounding areas, without planning a huge excursion.
- Cowichan Valley Wineries
- With many wineries to choose from in the Cowichan Valley, you’re bound to find a tasting that suits your tastes. The valley’s climate is perfect for growing grapes and produces wines with complex flavours due to the terroir of this area! These wineries are located along the Cowichan River and are perfect for a relaxing day out.
- Cowichan Bay Whale Watching
- If you’re interested in seeing whales, but don’t want to travel too far from home, then Cowichan Bay is the perfect place for you. The bay features a short scenic drive and tons of marine wildlife that keeps this region special! It’s also accessible via ferry if you want to avoid a commute!
- Kinsol Trestle
- If you’re looking for a place to explore, then Kinsol Trestle is the perfect spot. The trestles are located close enough to Nanaimo that it’s easily accessible from almost anywhere in the city! There are various walking trails and parks nearby so don’t forget your camera or hiking shoes before going out.
- Chemainus Murals
- If you’re looking for something to do in Nanaimo on a nice day, then Chemainus Mural is perfect. Located about 45 minutes from downtown Nanaimo, this outdoor art gallery features some of the most incredible and detailed murals that are sure to capture your eye!