Nanaimo, BC Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Nanaimo BC Homes For Sale
Rarely do waterfront homes in Departure Bay become available. This unique property straddles Hammond Bay Rd and has majestic, city, mountain, island and ocean views. Sit on your deck or inside in your serene coffee nook as you watch bald eagles, whal
The ideal blend of comfort & functionality, this family home offers 3 beds, 2 baths, & 1, 575 sqft of living space in a tranquil, rural setting close to amenities in the Southgate Mall & downtown Nanaimo a few minutes beyond. Situated on a 0.20-acre
Old City Charm & Oceanview – 111 Haliburton is a large, 4, 254 sqft, flat lot that permits a new single-family home with a suite, or with R8 Zoning already in place, permits up to a 5, 440 sqft multifamily building. This home is 940 sqft main level e
Attention investors and large families! Sitting on a 0.18 acre lot, this fantastic 2136 sq.ft. home in Departure Bay boasts 6 bedrooms (one is currently being used as a laundry room), 2 bathrooms, and SUITE POTENTIAL. Upstairs offers 3 bedrooms, 1 ba
Newly completed, the final rooftop patio home at 5160 Hammond Bay, a collection of 18 single, free – standing Townhomes in beautiful North Nanaimo. These beautifully appointed homes offer the best of coastal living in a neighbourhood with some of the
Quaint, fully updated rancher on a half acre lot. Wow, what a location! On a cul de sac, across the street from Barsby park offering, playgrounds, ball fields, water park, covered lacrosse/hockey boxes, combined with backing onto parkland with a cree
This is the 1st time this lovely home has come to the market and just in time for Christmas. Most notably, one will notice the large gently sloping yard with its great expanse of parking area for even your RV plus boat trailer. Many improvements to t
The ideal layout awaits you in this exceptional 5 bed, 4 bath family home on a private half acre corner lot. The open concept main floor is perfect for hosting family and friends. Youll love cooking in your remodeled kitchen with a double farm sink,
Welcome to Barrington Heights, a premier townhouse complex in Departure Bay offering luxury, tranquility and a carefree lifestyle. This immaculate 3 bedroom 2 bathroom 1558 sq ft townhome is ready for you to just move in and enjoy. You will love the
Welcome 149 Newdale Place a beautiful 2 bed, 2 bath rancher located in North Nanaimo. This 1309 sq. ft (approx) home features a double car garage, with enough space to park an RV or boat. The home includes a fully fenced and private backyard with an
Welcome to this Ocean view home in a sought-after neighborhood measuring over 4000sqft. When walking into this entry level home you are greeted by beautiful columns followed by a formal dining room & cozy sunken living room. The double-sided gas fire
At the end of a long gated driveway, perched high on a 1.07 acre lot you'll find this 3 bed / 3 bath residence minutes from all North Nanaimo amenities. This immaculate two storey residence is in move-in ready condition with main level entry and all
Bright townhome with lake views located at a very convenient location, just steps to Country Club Mall and Long Lake beach & park. This strata titled 4-plex is very well maintained with 2 parking stalls, a large separate storage locker, vinyl siding
Welcome to Nanaimo's latest Ocean views development designed for custom homes and community living. This home offers open concept living. Gourmet kitchen with quartz counter tops, lovely cabinetry, chef island, stainless appliance package, gas range
Check out the last home in this subdivision: https://youtu.be/3EsOCrmaaJg Our last new build with Harbour Point Homes in this fantastic subdivision! This home features designer-selected finishes, Mt. Benson views & a 1 bed legal suite. Tucked away in
This is the perfect spacious and truly accessible family home you've been waiting for! Main level entry with walkout lower level. Custom in-law suite created for accessibility with easy wheelchair access from exterior and throughout the lower level i
Investment opportunity just steps from VIU, University Village Mall, Colliery Dam Park & Morrell Nature Sanctuary! Bring your tool belt and get ready for some sweat equity, or potentially start over and build a brand new home on this 7922sqft flat lo
Magnificent Linley Vally residence that will meet all wants without exception. Open concept living room with gas fireplace patio access gourmet kitchen and chef island. Fitted with stainless appliances / gas range, banks of cabinetry, quartz countert
Ocean View Luxury townhome in prestigious Rocky Point. 2397 square feet of well-appointed and elegant living space over 2 levels is ready for you. Enjoy beautiful ocean views & Sunsets with views of the Winchelsea Islands from the top deck and ocean
Rural living acreage close to town! This level 1.74 acre property is private and serene, yet only 15 minutes from Nanaimo. The updated house has room for everyone with 7 bedrooms plus an office/den and 3 bathrooms sprawling over 3500 sq. ft. The main
About Nanaimo, BC
Nanaimo is a coastal community in British Columbia, Canada. The city has a population of about 80,000 people and is home to many beautiful natural spaces. You might know Nanaimo from the iconic waterfront clock tower that towers over the downtown area or for its annual tulip festival. If you are looking for property to buy in this wonderful part of the world, there are plenty of options available! Whether you’re looking for residential real estate or commercial property, we can help find what you need!
Nanaimo is known for its endless supply of natural beauty. The city hit major growth in the late 1800s as a lumber town, and today Nanaimo is known for its beautiful beaches, forests, lakes, and rivers. If you want to explore some of these natural spaces then there are plenty of great options available!
If you’re looking to live in Nanaimo, you have to check out the Nanoose Bay Golf Course, Nanaimo Bike Park, Historic Chinatown, and the Ocean EXP Discovery Centre for some unique Nanaimo experiences. Nanaimo’s public school districts are known for their excellence in math and English. It’s also one of the few cities to offer French Immersion schools, with over 1000 students enrolled!
A great way to spend the day in Nanaimo is to visit the farms and orchards that surround the city. Nanaimo offers several farms that sell local and fresh produce for you and your family to enjoy. If you’re looking to explore the town with your pup, you can always head to one of Nanaimo’s many off-leash dog parks. Another popular way to spend the day is with a boat ride on one of Nanaimo’s many lakes or rivers. There are also several walking and biking paths along the city if you’d rather tour the coastline on land. Nanaimo’s downtown area offers a wide variety of local shops, galleries and eateries.
The real estate market in Nanaimo is very diverse, with a variety of homes at different price points. There are many developments happening all over Nanaimo in various stages of completion, which means there is always something new and exciting to explore. A majority of homes on offer are within the $200,000-400,000 price range. The types of home primarily offered in Nanaimo are single family dwellings, duplexes, and townhouses.
Getting around Nanaimo should not be a problem. The city of Nanaimo has public transit, taxis, and car rentals available for those that need them. Nanaimo Airport also makes it easy to fly into and out of the area without having to worry about any other transportation. The BC Ferry can get you from place to place across the water if you’d like to avoid driving. However, if you do have your own car in Nanaimo, most places have accessible parking. Downtown Nanaimo is walking-friendly, and there are many parks around the area to take a break among the scenery.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 61km (38 miles) to Vancouver
- 69km (42 miles) to Burnaby
- 83km (52 miles) to Surrey
- 92km (57 miles) to Victoria
Things To Do in Nanaimo, BC
When in Nanaimo, there are plenty of ways to spend your day. One of the most popular things to do is head into downtown Nanaimo and visit some of the great locally-owned boutiques. If you’re looking for something more adventurous, there are many hiking trails in the area that will take your breath away with their natural beauty. Here are some of our favorite options:
- Neck Point Park
- Neck Point Park is a great place to hike for the day. The park has trails that range from easy walking paths all the way up to challenging hikes with stunning views of Nanaimo and surrounding areas, making it an ideal excursion for people at any skill level.
- Harbourfront Walkway
- This walkway follows the Nanaimo harbour, and you’ll find that it is a popular place for people to spend time with their dog or enjoy an evening stroll. The entire route along this pathway is about seven kilometers in length, but don’t let that stop you from enjoying the beauty the harbourfront has to offer!
- Newcastle Island
- If you’re looking for a place to get up close and personal with nature, Newcastle Island is the perfect choice. This island has trails that showcase different types of coastal ecosystems, as well as opportunities to spot wildlife in their natural habitat. You’re just a short ferry ride to a whole new world!
- Pipers Lagoon Park
- If you’re looking for a great place to take your dog, then look no further than Pipers Lagoon Park. This off-leash park is huge and there’s plenty of room to let them run free while they sniff around!
- Westwood Lake Park
- Westwood Lake Park is a great place to hit the trails and take in some fresh air! You’ll be surrounded by lush forest, so make sure you bring your camera. With plenty of beautiful views, this is a great park to take the family to if you want to spend some time together outside.
- BC Ferries
- BC Ferries is a time-saver for anybody who wants to travel across the water. It’s an easy way to explore different parts of Vancouver Island without having to deal with traffic or long commutes.
- Maffeo Sutton Park
- Maffeo Sutton Park is a great spot to stop for lunch on your way into Nanaimo. There’s plenty of tables and benches, making it the perfect spot for a picnic with friends or family! Located downtown, there are also a few ice cream parlours for those steamy summer days.
- Nanaimo Museum
- The Nanaimo Museum is a great place to learn about the history of our beautiful city. Located in downtown, it’s easy to stop by when you’re passing through and want to take a break from sight-seeing for an hour or two! The museum even includes a simulation of a coal mine that you can walk through!
- Colliery Dam Park
- Ever want to experience what it’s like to swim in a natural pool? Come visit the Colliery Dam Park! Aside from providing a nice swim, there are plenty of hiking trails and picnic areas, making this an ideal spot for families.
- Jack Point and Biggs Park
- The iconic Jack Point Lighthouse, as well as the Biggs Park are great spots for a scenic hike and to enjoy the views. Located on one of Nanaimo’s headlands, it’s also an excellent spot for bird-watching!
Nanaimo Day Trips
While Nanaimo is a beautiful place to live, sometimes you want to get out of town for the day. There are several day trips you can take out of Nanaimo that allow you to see the beauty of surrounding areas, without planning a huge excursion.
- Cowichan Valley Wineries
- With many wineries to choose from in the Cowichan Valley, you’re bound to find a tasting that suits your tastes. The valley’s climate is perfect for growing grapes and produces wines with complex flavours due to the terroir of this area! These wineries are located along the Cowichan River and are perfect for a relaxing day out.
- Cowichan Bay Whale Watching
- If you’re interested in seeing whales, but don’t want to travel too far from home, then Cowichan Bay is the perfect place for you. The bay features a short scenic drive and tons of marine wildlife that keeps this region special! It’s also accessible via ferry if you want to avoid a commute!
- Kinsol Trestle
- If you’re looking for a place to explore, then Kinsol Trestle is the perfect spot. The trestles are located close enough to Nanaimo that it’s easily accessible from almost anywhere in the city! There are various walking trails and parks nearby so don’t forget your camera or hiking shoes before going out.
- Chemainus Murals
- If you’re looking for something to do in Nanaimo on a nice day, then Chemainus Mural is perfect. Located about 45 minutes from downtown Nanaimo, this outdoor art gallery features some of the most incredible and detailed murals that are sure to capture your eye!