Are you looking for a new home in the Lawrence Park South neighbourhood of Toronto? Lawrence Park South is one of the most prestigious neighbourhoods in Toronto. It’s an oasis of calm and serenity, with beautiful parks and green spaces that are perfect for families to enjoy together. If you’re looking at homes for sale in Toronto, continue reading to find out more about what makes Lawrence Park South an attractive place to live.
More About Lawrence Park South Real Estate
The comfortable neighbourhood of Lawrence Park South is on the north side of midtown Toronto. It’s roughly bordered by Lawrence Ave W to the North, Eglinton Ave W to the South, with parts extending past Yonge Street on the east side and Avenue and Bathurst to the West. This area was designed as an elegant garden suburb and still presents lovely foliage today. The streets are lined with mature trees, and yards are kept manicured and in pristine condition as it boasts one of the wealthiest postal codes in Canada.
Residents of Lawrence Park South are proud of their community and strive to cultivate a hospitable atmosphere through hosting street parties and are actively involved in their local schools. Lawrence Park South is also the place to be for things such as trick-or-treating and admiring Christmas lights, as the residents decorate over-the-top and present interactive features during the holidays for people to marvel at.
Lawrence Park South Real Estate Market
The majority of the homes in Lawrence Park South are single-detached homes with four or more bedrooms. The styles are mainly Tudor Revival, English Cottage, Georgian, and Colonial. The rest are a mix of apartments and townhomes. Homes for sale in Lawrence Park South were built during the 1910s through 1940s. There was another construction period in the early 2000s with designs nodding to the classic architectures already in existence here.
Houses sell quickly in Lawrence Park South and average about 11 days on the market, usually after a bidding war. The average home price is about $2.4 million, above the Greater Toronto Area’s average of nearly $1.2M. People don’t mind the price tag because they value the location, safety, and overall atmosphere of the community.
Lawrence Park South Schools
Lawrence Park South is home to some of Toronto’s best schools. This is one of the reasons this neighbourhood is coveted as a place to raise a family. Schools in this community include:
- Allenby Junior Public School (GR. JK-06)
- John Ross Robertson Junior Public School (GR. JK-06)
- Glenview Senior Public School (GR. 07-08)
- Havergal College- a day and boarding school for girls. (GR. JK-12)
- St. Clement’s School- Anglican all-girls school. (GR. 01-12)
- Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute (GR. 09-12)
- Marshall McLuhan Catholic Secondary School (GR. 09-12)
Lawrence Park South Amenities
Since Lawrence Park South was cultivated as a garden suburb, this neighbourhood possesses many flourishing parks. A resident doesn’t have to walk far from their home to enjoy the outdoors in one of these dreamy parks.
- Lytton Park – is also known as Lytton Sunken Gardens. This park is also home to the North Toronto Tennis Club and the North Toronto Lawn Bowling & Croquet Club. Here you will find two bowling greens, two croquet fields, three tennis courts, a playground, and a washroom facility.
- Alexander Muir Memorial Gardens – is a formal garden named after the composer who wrote the song “The Maple Leaf Forever.” You’ll see nods of the maple leaf throughout the park. Here you can enjoy several walking trails all year long and admire a herb & flower garden.
- Sherwood Park and Ravine – offers shady trails for hiking and walking your dog, as well as a playground for kids to burn off some energy.
Shopping and Dining
Lawrence Park South is primarily housing with few options for shopping and dining. Most businesses in this neighbourhood can be found along Yonge St, with a few scattered along Eglinton Ave W to the South, including the Summerhill Market at the Forest Hill location. Though there aren’t many shops or restaurants in Lawrence Park South, the community is surrounded by plenty of neighbouring places with everything you’d ever need.
Lawrence Park Medical is a family medical practice located near the northwest corner of the neighbourhood on Lawrence Ave W. The closest hospital, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, is right down the road and only about 5 minutes away by vehicle!
People use many means of transportation in Lawrence Park South. It’s common to see people out walking since local amenities are so close, though travelling by vehicle is the most common and parking is easy to find. There are bike lanes, but they aren’t used as much due to the hilly nature of the topography. Bus systems also operate through the area, with homes close to bus stops. The Toronto Pearson International Airport is only a 20-minute drive from Lawrence Park South, making out-of-town travel convenient.