Red Deer, AB Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Red Deer AB Homes For Sale
Suite Deal! Located in West Park, within easy walking distance to Red Deer College, elementary and middle schools, parks and the hospital. Easy to rent, with a separate entrance for the upper 2nd story 1 bed, 1 bath LEGAL suite and a shared laundry f
3 BDRM, 3 BATH 2-STOREY ~ LOCATED IN A QUIET CLOSE ON A LARGE PIE LOT ~ 26×24 ATTACHED GARAGE + RV PARKING ~ Mature maple trees offer privacy and curb appeal ~ The covered front veranda welcomes you and leads to a large foyer ~ Open concept main floo
Welcome to 7 Doran Crescent! This fantastic 2 story has undergone a renovation in recent years which includes ~hardwood flooring throughout the main floor~wainscoting on stair well~concrete countertops in kitchen~granite counters in bathrooms~ upgrad
This fully developed bungalow is located in one of Red Deer's most desirable areas – Sunnybrook ! The location offers plenty of great views with all of the mature landscaping that surrounds the home. It's just steps away from Red Deer's great trail s
Rare corner unit on the 3rd floor, very bright with lots of windows, and in superb condition. Features high end laminate, white colored cabinets, under counter lighting, a large Master bedroom with a large ensuite with 5 foot walk in shower as well a
**Treetop Retreat** Top floor Legacy Estates unit with one bedroom plus a den. Upon entering, you will feel like you are in a tree top setting in the country. If youre looking for a great home thats already renovated, this one has $10, 000 worth of u
Welcome to Adult Living in Legacy Estates! Located in a great location in the building, this spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom top floor unit boasts lots of recent updates and great features – and it has an immediate possession! Recent updates and featu
Located in a quiet neighborhood, close to schools, shopping, Collicut Centre and the new Notre Dame Plaza, this well kept bungalow in Lancaster Green is ready for it's new owners! Fully developed with recent upgrades including, paint throughout, repa
This is an affordable, excellent, option for snowbirds or couples that want to downsize and live a quiet life with little home maintenance. This 1054 sq. ft. modular home has everything you'll need on one level – 3 beds, 2 baths, master bedroom with
EXTENSIVELY RENOVATED ~ FULLY DEVELOPED 5 BDRM (4 up, 1 down), 3 BATH 2-STOREY ~ LOCATED ON PIE LOT WITH A SOUTH FACING BACKYARD ~ Updated composite siding and new garage door offers eye catching curb appeal ~ Covered entrance welcomes you and leads
PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP shows as you walk inside this beautiful custom two story home, it truly shows as new, pride of ownership shows everywhere. Location is everything, this exclusive location will sell itself boasting a beautiful hill side walk out lot
CONVENIENCE STORE ASSETS, LARGE PARKING LOT, AND BUILDING ALL INCLUDED!! This neighborhood landmark is finally available for sale. Amazing location surrounded by homes and schools. No competition for business. (id:32990)
DO YOU ENTERTAIN FAMILY & FRIENDS? Then this Brand new Floor plan in this beautiful 2 storey Family Home is just waiting for your family. Built by Asset Builders, 2020 small builder of the YEAR!! Step up on composite decking front verandah, into a sp
Welcome home! This Huge 4 Level Split with almost 1900 square feet, is located on a Large corner lot in Anders! You will not be disappointed with the fully landscaped oversized backyard that includes fenced RV Parking, multiple trees for privacy, and
This home is well kept and has a great floor plan. You will not be disappointed in the yard or neighbourhood. Large open concept kitchen looking over the huge corner backyard that has a big tiered deck. Eating bar, dinning area, pantry are all a part
This beautifully crafted and professionally designed Krest Built Home is situated on a rare lot backing onto a treed reserve, with southern exposure. You'll feel like you're home as you enter the impressive secure front door into the spacious entry.
Careful this one is loaded. Immaculate two story home tucked away at the back of a quiet close, the only thing you will need to do is move in. Professionally developed from top to bottom why not start the day off enjoying an undisturbed morning coffe
EXPERIENCE this rare opportunity with a huge, corner pie lot and affordable home in the heart of Red Deer! You're going to love the peacefulness, quiet neighbourhood and privacy that this home has to offer. Enjoy the massive yard which is surrounded
Move in Ready with new paint near Red Deer College in the great neighbourhood of Westlake! Fully developed home with walk out basement and a double detached garage. New paint throughout. Large kitchen & dining room with pantry & door leading out to y
Looking for your dream home, look no further! This rare find with a huge foundational footprint in one of Red Deers most desirable locations could be yours! Victoria Park is close to many of Red Deers finest schools, the Collicutt Center and shopping
About Red Deer, AB
Red Deer is a city of about 100,000 people in central Alberta. It’s located just north of Calgary and south of Edmonton. Red Deer has an abundance of natural beauty that includes rivers, lakes, forests, and mountains. The city offers many outdoor activities for residents to enjoy year-round including hiking trails, golf courses, parks and more! If you are a nature-lover looking to buy your first home or your fifth, read on to see what all Red Deer has to offer.
Red Deer was established in 1963 as a “new town” that would have modern amenities and be self-contained. The city has grown steadily over the years, but there’s still plenty of opportunity for development, including its downtown core.
Red Deer is a great place to live for families of all ages because the community offers so much. The cost of living in Red Deer is low and the city has a high quality of life. Residents enjoy easy access to healthcare, public transportation, sport facilities (including an indoor arena), shopping centres, and restaurants.
There’s plenty to do with over 350 annual events taking place every year across Red Deer. Some of the most popular events include the Westerner Days Rodeo, the Red Deer and District Car Show, Heritage Day Festival and Fair, and many more! Some of the most popular attractions in Red Deer for locals to enjoy are the beautiful parks with their many activities, the Red Deer Public Library, and Millennium Place. The city is home to Red Deer College and it has a number of museums to enjoy, including the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and the Blackfoot Trail Historical Museum. Red Deer is also home to a few sports teams, including local favourites, the Red Deer Rebels Junior Hockey Club and Red Deer Roller Derby Girls.
The city is also home to some of Western Canada’s most prestigious post-secondary institutions like The University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine, Lakeland College, and NorQuest College. They allow both Canadian residents and international students from over 110 different countries around the world. Red Deer’s economy is fueled by agriculture, retail, and tourism, and many of the employment opportunities in the area are within these industries.
The real estate market in Red Deer is steady. With the population frequently increasing, Red Deer has seen an increase in new homes and apartment buildings going up to match the demand for housing in the area. A majority of the homes in the area are detached, single family homes, and the average price for a home in Red Deer is about $300,000 – $330,000, with detached houses averaging the lower end of that range and larger homes near or exceeding the higher end.
red Deer Transportation
When it comes to getting around, Red Deer has an extensive public transit system with bus routes stretching well out into the rural areas surrounding the city. There are also plenty of rental places to check out if you don’t have your own car. Red Deer is easily driveable, as the large freeway (Highway 40) runs through the city and into other towns throughout the province. If you’d prefer to walk or bike the city, Red Deer has plenty of sidewalks and pathways to get around safely. The nearest major airports are Edmonton International Airport (EIA) and Calgary International Airport (YYC).
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 144km (89 miles) to Edmonton
- 137km (85 miles) to Calgary
- 706km (439 miles) to Surrey
- 712km (442 miles) to Burnaby
Things To Do in Red Deer, AB
There are so many things to do in Red Deer that you won’t even know where to start. Here’s a short list of the top ten attractions in our city:
- Bower Ponds is one of the most popular attractions in Red Deer. It’s a beautiful, picturesque area that offers some great hiking opportunities and breathtaking views. This hidden gem has been around for centuries and it’s still going strong today.
- The Kerry Wood Nature Centre is a great place to explore the natural world. It has everything from forests and fields to ponds, wetlands, and even prairie dog villages! Your kids will love exploring this amazing Alberta treasure that’s right in their own backyard.
- This is one of the top ten attractions in Red Deer for many people because it’s a great place to get some fresh produce, meat, and just about anything else you might need. The farmer’s market has been around since 1979 and every Saturday morning from May until October you can find hundreds of vendors lining up at the gate waiting to take your order!
- This is a really fun place to visit if you love the outdoors! The Heritage Ranch has two miles of hiking trails, and it’s also home to about 200 animals. You’ll find deer, buffalo, moose, and more creatures all roaming free on this beautiful Alberta ranch.
- This is a museum dedicated to the history of sports in Alberta! There are over 1,858 square meteres of interactive exhibits and displays including an arena that you can actually step onto. This spot is a must-see for any sports fan!
- Located downtown, this museum is home to a number of fascinating exhibits that provide a glimpse into the history of Red Deer. There are displays about local First Nations, pioneers, and the fur trade as well as an extensive collection on regional wildlife.
- If you’re looking for a fun way to spend the day, then head out to Sunnybrook! This 200-acre farm is home to over 50 animals and offers hands-on activities such as hayrides, petting zoos, and many more.
- An urban oasis! This park has been designated an Eco-Park and features over 600 acres of land. There are many walking trails through the rugged terrain, as well as a number of recreation areas to enjoy, such as tennis courts and outdoor swimming pools. It’s also home to one of Canada’s tallest waterfalls!
Red Deer Day Trips
While the charm of Red Deer makes for a great place to call home, sometimes you just want to get out of town. Whether it’s a solo day trip or a chance to spend time with friends, the list below features some of Alberta’s best destinations:
- Get up close and personal with over 100 different birds, including parrots, macaws, doves, and more! The Ellis Bird Farm offers opportunities to feed the animals as well. When it’s time for lunch, the Ellis cafe is located in the former Ellis family home and offers some excellent cuisine. The best part? Admission to the farm is free!
- The Kraay Family Farm is a 120-acre farm in Red Deer with plenty of things to do. Visitors can enjoy the hayride, tractor ride, and petting zoo, with over 20 different animals including horses, sheep, goats, and cows! The Kraay family also offers pumpkin patches for fall picking so you’ll be able to pick out your pumpkin for the season!
- Located just outside of Red Deer, this historic ranch is now a National Historic Site. Alberta’s history comes alive at the Bar U Ranch where visitors can learn about how it was to live on a cattle ranch in 1912 and see what life was like for those who worked there. The tour takes you through various buildings with exhibits that are perfect for kids and adults alike.
- Another fantastic day trip near Red Deer is Cochrane. This town of just over 4,000 people has a lot to offer visitors with its cozy cafes and antique stores. The Sip ‘n’ Slurp in downtown offers some of the best donuts in Alberta! Check out the local Half Hitched Brewing Co. and cool down with a MacKay’s ice cream before you head back home. If you have some extra time, the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary is a unique experience that you don’t want to miss!