Swift Current, SK Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Swift Current SK Homes For Sale
Welcome to 350 Begg Street where you will find this spacious, bright and wheelchair accessible home! The home was originally approximately 1000 sqft prior to the kitchen, dinning room, and back entry addition (2007) the home is now 1288 sqft. Enter t
Located in a great family neighborhood on the southside of Swift Current, right beside Oman field and close to Chinook golf course & walking paths, this attractive & contemporary bi-level home checks off every box for a busy household! The front entr
Cozy, Comfy, StylishAffordable! This isnt your average starter home. Upgraded flooring has been laid throughout the entire home, a freshly painted exterior, a freshly redone washroom equipped with both his and hers stations, fresh, tasteful paint thr
This immaculately kept, turnkey home is ready for its new owner! This home has been well maintained and has received numerous updates and upgrades. Some of the updates include a hot water heater (3 years), furnace (6 years), washer and dryer, front e
If you are looking for more house and less yard, you will not be disappointed with this gorgeous bungalow, close to the citys library, walking path and Elmwood Park. Step up to your large, maintenance-free deck as you enter this 1, 380 square foot ho
BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME in the desirable Northeast area. At 1, 035 sq.ft this 5 Bedroom 2 Bathroom home has had numerous updates. The main floor features a spacious kitchen with updated cabinets, countertops, appliances, vinyl plank flooring and fixtur
Enjoy your morning coffee or relax with a glass of wine while overlooking the entire city from this executive style condo located in prestigious Alpine Village. This unit features an open concept kitchen/dining room with unobstructed views. Kitchen h
This outstanding 1996 home rests in a stunning location, just a kitty-corner from Highland park & has a terrific view of country coulees, providing the luxury of enjoying a city home with beautiful, relaxing country views. The view from the curb is i
Affordability meets practicality in This beautiful 2008 built home featuring 1500 square feet of open concept living space and all the modern features youve been searching for! Vaulted ceilings, copious large windows and an oversized island ready to
Welcome to Trail, one of our most highly sought after neighborhoods featuring an array of Beautiful parks, walking paths, and easy access to amenities! Tucked in the middle of the action youll find this sprawling 1200 square foot bungalow kept in IMM
Excellent home for a first time home buyer or a first time investor. This raised bungalow features 2 bedrooms up and comes complete with fridge, stove, washer and dryer. Downstairs suite has its own entrance and features a 1 bedroom suite with its ow
Welcome to #1-275 Alpine Crescent! RARELY does an immaculate SOUTH FACING END UNIT come available in Alpine Village! This unit enjoys fantastic prairie views to the sunny south and city skyline views to the north. It offers up 1, 237 sq/ft of living
ATTENTION homebuyers looking for an OVERSIZED GARAGE & MOVE-IN ready home on a HUGE LOT!!! Check out 20 Central Avenue South! This property will be sure to check the boxes if you don't have a big budget but are dreaming of a MODERN UPDATED home! Situ
In search of a move-in ready home located in the savvy Upper East section of the city? Who isnt! Steps from K-12 schools, the Golf Course, River, Walking Paths, Skatepark, Restaurants You best start packing because that's ALL youll need to do to make
Location, location, location! 23 Macdonald Cres. not only has LOCATION but it also offers an array of desirable family friendly features Step inside to find an airy open concept layout, fresh paint, laminate flooring, and Updated PVC windows on the m
If an AMAZING summer yard is what you are searching for, an AMAZING summer yard you shall have! Set your sights on 325 Aspen Drive, this MOVE-IN ready 3 level split has so much to offer starting with a backyard get-away. Featuring a 24 x 24 maintenan
Nestled in an agreeable location near walking paths, a bus stop, the Swift Current creek and the Chinook Golf Course, this 3-bedroom, 2-bath bungalow would make an excellent starter home or revenue property. The property includes a single-car garage
Are you searching for a sizeable property to make your own? Welcome to 630 4th Ave SE, a 3 + 2 bungalow that has so much potential! Situated on a corner lot in the southeast and just steps from the Chinook Pathway & Chinook Golf Course, the location
Check out this spacious bungalow on Cowie Crescent! This ideal location is family friendly and situated in the highly sought after Trail subdivision. Enjoy space for the entire family with 3 bedrooms on the main floor and an extra large basement bedr
This 3+1 bedroom bungalow has a fantastic location, tucked in the corner with an open look down the crescent in the Trail area. Close to multiple parks and green spaces, this 1979-built house received an addition in 2008 to blow up its size to 1, 326
About Swift Current, SK
If you’re looking for a new place to call home, Swift Current in Saskatchewan is the place to be. With its small-town feel and friendly community, Swift Current offers all the amenities of a big city without the hassle. It’s no wonder that people are flocking here from all over the country! On this page, we’ll explore what makes Swift Current so great and share with you some of our favourite things about living there.
Located in the central region of Saskatchewan, Swift Current is a thriving community with an economy that has been steadily growing for over two decades. The city’s population has grown by an average of 2% each year, and it continues to grow at a steady rate. With its proximity to Saskatoon and Regina, Swift Current is a great place to live, with access to everything you’ll need.
The economy in Swift Current has historically been centred around the agricultural and industrial sectors. Still, the city has since moved away from these industries and toward more service-oriented jobs. If you’re looking for employment opportunities in Swift Current, some of the top employers in the area are the Saskatchewan Research Council, the Innovation Credit Union Ltd., and SaskTel. The Swift Current School Division is one of Saskatchewan’s largest school divisions, with 14 schools in total! The division includes high schools, middle schools, and elementary schools.
With a history that spans back to the 1880s, Swift Current is a city with plenty of character. The city has many historic buildings that are registered heritage sites, including Knox Church, Central Collegiate Institute, and Grace Anglican Church. Aside from catching glimpses of Swift Current’s vast history, some typical things you can do as a local include catching a movie at The Lyric Theatre, going for a dip in one of the area’s many lakes and rivers, or grabbing some ice cream from Dairy King. Swift Current is also home to three golf courses that are perfect for an afternoon round of golf! The town has more than 100 kilometres of walking trails where you’ll be able to enjoy Swift Current’s beautiful scenery.
The Swift Current real estate market is booming with a number of new developments that are currently underway and some great existing properties for sale throughout the city. The average home price in Swift Current falls around $250,000 to $400,000. With plenty of affordable housing options in Swift Current as well as some gorgeous views, there’s no wonder that people are moving here from all over Canada!
Swift Current Transportation
The city of Swift Current, Saskatchewan, in Canada, is relatively small. Swift Current residents tend to take advantage of the short distances by walking or biking. Locals also typically use cars and buses to get to work, school, and errands. Whether you have your own vehicle or get a taxi, Swift Current is pretty easy to get around. The Swift Current C Train Station is conveniently located less than 5 minutes from downtown and directly connects to Saskatoon and Regina. Transit services are available Monday-Friday. The nearest airport is the Saskatoon International Airport, which is about an hour away.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 219km (136 miles) to Saskatoon
- 450km (279 miles) to Calgary
- 532km (330 miles) to Edmonton
- 760km (472 miles) to Winnipeg
Things To Do in Swift Current, SK
This city may be small, but Swift Current has plenty of things to do. From historical buildings to beautiful views and green spaces, you’ll never regret moving here! Here are some top things to do in Swift Current:
- Riverside Park is a great place to spend time with friends and family. It features wonderful views of Swift Current and has plenty of green spaces where you can enjoy picnics or just relax.
- Living Sky Casino in Swift Current is a place you don’t want to miss. The casino has over 500 slot machines and 30 table games! You’ll never get bored of the entertainment here: there’s everything from live music to restaurants to bowling.
- Black Bridge Brewery is a locally-owned brewery in Swift Current that offers some of Saskatchewan’s best craft beers. The brewery has two locations: the first one is on Highway #14 and features an upstairs seating area with views of Swift Current; the second location, located downtown at 220 Central Ave., includes a taproom where you can try their latest creations.
- The Swift Current Museum and Visitor Centre is a great place to learn more about the city’s history. The museum features exhibits on agriculture, industry, transportation – you name it! There are also plenty of outside exhibits for kids to explore, like an old locomotive or vintage cars.
- Elmwood Park is a beautiful green space in Swift Current where you can enjoy quiet moments of relaxation. The park features hedges, flowers, benches, and even an outdoor chessboard!
- Mennonite Heritage Village is a 150-acre living museum that features 40 buildings from Mennonite settlements in southern Saskatchewan. You’ll find everything here: houses, farmsteads, sheds, and barns. It’s like stepping back into the past!
- The Art Gallery of Swift Current is a must-visit if you’re in the area! It’s located downtown at 109 Central Avenue and features four galleries with rotating exhibitions. There are also plenty of opportunities to interact here: workshops, artist talks, and even tours through the gallery.
- The Saskatchewan Hockey Hall of Fame is one of Swift Current’s most popular attractions. Located downtown at River Park Square, the hall features hockey legends like Clint Smith and Ron Tugnutt as well as interactive exhibits for kids to explore. There are also plenty of old photographs from when Swift Current was first founded in 1883!
- The Chinook Parkway is a beautiful 18-kilometre roadway that will take you from Swift Current to the top of Mount Baldy. You’ll find several green spaces and views along the way, as well as many opportunities for bird watching, horseback riding, or fishing! It’s also great if you’re looking for some challenging terrain to explore.
- Get a Clue is an escape game that’s perfect for any level of puzzle solver. You’ll be locked in a room and have to solve the mysteries around you by getting clues, solving puzzles, or even cracking codes! The rooms are specifically designed for both families and adult groups, so there’s something here for everyone.
Swift Current Day Trips
A great way to spend your time is by exploring the world outside of Swift Current. Saskatchewan has a number of beautiful attractions worth visiting, and here are some of our favourites:
- Blackstrap Provincial Park is a beautiful area of Saskatchewan, located about three hours from Swift Current. The park has two parts: the first part is a flat prairie that offers hikers views into mixed-grass and sagebrush country; the second part features hills with steep slopes covered in Douglas fir trees. There are many hiking trails to explore in Blackstrap Provincial Park – the trails are well-marked and easy to follow, so you can spend all day exploring if you want! The park is typically open from May 18th until October 31st.
- Lake Diefenbaker is a man-made lake located about two hours from Swift Current that offers incredible fishing and boating opportunities. The lake covers over 800 square kilometres, so you’re never too far away from the water’s edge. It’s also home to some of Saskatchewan’s top resorts like Heritage Pointe Resort and Beachview Holiday Resort. Lake Diefenbaker is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, so you’ll never be bored of the scenery!
- Prince Albert National Park in Saskatchewan is a beautiful park that features some of Canada’s most rugged terrain. The park has over 700 square kilometres of mixed boreal forest and grasslands, which are home to many species such as deer, moose, elk, wolves, and mountain lions – you name it! There’s something for everyone here: you can explore the forest, go fishing at one of Saskatchewan’s most popular lakes, or take a guided canoe trip down the Churchill River.
- Prairie Lake Regional Park is another Saskatchewan park that’s worth a visit. Located about an hour and a half away from Swift Current, the park features an impressive system of interconnecting trails and beautiful views. The terrain here can be challenging – it ranges from flat prairies to steep slopes with gentle hills in between! There are also plenty of opportunities for bird watching, horseback riding, and fishing.