Swift Current, SK Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Swift Current SK Homes For Sale
Tired of shovelling the snow and scaping the windshield, maybe the time is right to think about the carefree lifestyle of condo living! Welcome to 101-341 Cowie Crescent, a spacious main floor condo that offers up 1, 266 sq/ft of living space and com
Step inside this expansive 1600 square foot bungalow in the desirable upper northeast corner of the city close to parks, K-12 schools, amenities AND downtown. Inside youll find natural light from corner to corner, updated flooring, PVC windows and ne
Located on the north western edge of the city limits, this low maintenance condo comes with quiet prairie views. Newly built in 2010, the modern exterior finishes are matched inside this second story 2-bedroom unit. The open concept main living area
Welcome to 541 Grey Street! This 5 bedroom, 1108 sq. ft. bungalow could be what your looking for! All flooring on the main floor has been replaced and most of the basement floors as well. The bathroom on main floor is updated, the furnace and the shi
Located near a splash park close to downtown Swift Current, this could be the affordable home you are looking for. The large front porch is a perfect welcome to this 1, 053 sq.ft. home. The main floor consists of 2 bedrooms, a 4-piece bath, a bright
Great location, great price, great home! Situated in a desired area of Swift Current, located a few blocks from a wonderful K-8 school, and one of Swift Currents best city parks – ACT Park! This updated home is ready for you! It features 4 bedrooms,
Located approximately 5 km west of the city is this absolute gem of an acreage. Checking multiple boxes for the horse enthusiast, the gardener, the machinist & the family – this property truly has it all! Enjoy the privacy of your 40 acres of land wh
Build financial equity with this AFFORDABLE two bedroom GROUND FLOOR condo, a great starter, REVENUE or RETIREMENT option! Enjoy the benefits of condo living with no stairs to climb, leaving the building maintenance, grass cutting and snow removal to
Looking for an investment in the highly desirable northeast? This well maintained duplex sitting on an EXTRA LARGE lot is a great opportunity to become a landlord! Live in one unit and let the revenue from the other unit help to pay the mortgage. Eac
Move in ready Condo FOR SALE in the very popular Highland area of the city. This home has been well loved by the current owner. There has recently been a neutral vinyl plank flooring put through the kitchen, hall, bathroom and laundry room area. Open
Excellent Location. 4.84 acres zoned Highway Commercial, West of Swift Current just North of Highway #1 and close to Heartland Livestock and the new Co-op Commercial fuel cardlock. (id:32990)
Excellent Location. 4.81 acres zoned Highway Commercial, West of Swift Current just North of Highway #1 and close to Heartland Livestock and the new Co-op Commercial fuel cardlock. (id:32990)
CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN and AFFORDABLE define this first time home or REVENUE OPTION!! Offering up 992 sq/ft of living space, this bungalow features 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, a spacious living and dining room flooded by natural light & boasts original hardwood f
AREA, SIZE and POTENTIAL! 681 Whyte Ave is the Home you have been waiting for! Located in the upper North East within the North Hill subdivision this elegant property is steps from Elmwood Golf Course, The River, Walking Paths, the Ball Diamond, Iple
EXCLUSIVE CORNER UNIT now available. Welcome to condo living at its finest! This exclusive corner unit features extra square feet, a den AND far more windows than the standard units. Through the front door youll find a roomy porch including a front c
Searching for that AFFORDABLE condo that is move-in ready in a mature and quiet desirable northeast neighbourhood? Ideally located within minutes of the Elmwood & Riverdene Parks, the Chinook Pathway and just a few blocks from downtown is this immacu
This condo checks all the boxes! Three bedrooms, a detached double garage plus street parking and is move in ready! This two story condo has very attractive curb appeal with tasteful landscaping, modern flooring throughout the main and nice kitchen c
Looking for a lot to move in a home or build a walkout? This serviced residential lot is located in a quiet convenient neighbourhood, close to Elmwood Park and Elmwood Grocery. The street is very well sloped at the lot location, eliminating any risk
Are you looking for a property in a DESIRABLE northeast location facing the Swift Current Creek w/ an abundance of greenspace in front and mere steps from the Chinook Pathway? Within easy walking distance to downtown & the Comp & Irwin Schools? Check
Excellent Location. 2.51 acres zoned Highway Commercial, West of Swift Current just North of Highway #1 and close to Heartland Livestock and the new Co-op Commercial fuel cardlock. (id:32990)
About Swift Current, SK
If you’re looking for a new place to call home, Swift Current in Saskatchewan is the place to be. With its small-town feel and friendly community, Swift Current offers all the amenities of a big city without the hassle. It’s no wonder that people are flocking here from all over the country! On this page, we’ll explore what makes Swift Current so great and share with you some of our favourite things about living there.
Located in the central region of Saskatchewan, Swift Current is a thriving community with an economy that has been steadily growing for over two decades. The city’s population has grown by an average of 2% each year, and it continues to grow at a steady rate. With its proximity to Saskatoon and Regina, Swift Current is a great place to live, with access to everything you’ll need.
The economy in Swift Current has historically been centred around the agricultural and industrial sectors. Still, the city has since moved away from these industries and toward more service-oriented jobs. If you’re looking for employment opportunities in Swift Current, some of the top employers in the area are the Saskatchewan Research Council, the Innovation Credit Union Ltd., and SaskTel. The Swift Current School Division is one of Saskatchewan’s largest school divisions, with 14 schools in total! The division includes high schools, middle schools, and elementary schools.
With a history that spans back to the 1880s, Swift Current is a city with plenty of character. The city has many historic buildings that are registered heritage sites, including Knox Church, Central Collegiate Institute, and Grace Anglican Church. Aside from catching glimpses of Swift Current’s vast history, some typical things you can do as a local include catching a movie at The Lyric Theatre, going for a dip in one of the area’s many lakes and rivers, or grabbing some ice cream from Dairy King. Swift Current is also home to three golf courses that are perfect for an afternoon round of golf! The town has more than 100 kilometres of walking trails where you’ll be able to enjoy Swift Current’s beautiful scenery.
The Swift Current real estate market is booming with a number of new developments that are currently underway and some great existing properties for sale throughout the city. The average home price in Swift Current falls around $250,000 to $400,000. With plenty of affordable housing options in Swift Current as well as some gorgeous views, there’s no wonder that people are moving here from all over Canada!
Swift Current Transportation
The city of Swift Current, Saskatchewan, in Canada, is relatively small. Swift Current residents tend to take advantage of the short distances by walking or biking. Locals also typically use cars and buses to get to work, school, and errands. Whether you have your own vehicle or get a taxi, Swift Current is pretty easy to get around. The Swift Current C Train Station is conveniently located less than 5 minutes from downtown and directly connects to Saskatoon and Regina. Transit services are available Monday-Friday. The nearest airport is the Saskatoon International Airport, which is about an hour away.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 219km (136 miles) to Saskatoon
- 450km (279 miles) to Calgary
- 532km (330 miles) to Edmonton
- 760km (472 miles) to Winnipeg
Things To Do in Swift Current, SK
This city may be small, but Swift Current has plenty of things to do. From historical buildings to beautiful views and green spaces, you’ll never regret moving here! Here are some top things to do in Swift Current:
- Riverside Park is a great place to spend time with friends and family. It features wonderful views of Swift Current and has plenty of green spaces where you can enjoy picnics or just relax.
- Living Sky Casino in Swift Current is a place you don’t want to miss. The casino has over 500 slot machines and 30 table games! You’ll never get bored of the entertainment here: there’s everything from live music to restaurants to bowling.
- Black Bridge Brewery is a locally-owned brewery in Swift Current that offers some of Saskatchewan’s best craft beers. The brewery has two locations: the first one is on Highway #14 and features an upstairs seating area with views of Swift Current; the second location, located downtown at 220 Central Ave., includes a taproom where you can try their latest creations.
- The Swift Current Museum and Visitor Centre is a great place to learn more about the city’s history. The museum features exhibits on agriculture, industry, transportation – you name it! There are also plenty of outside exhibits for kids to explore, like an old locomotive or vintage cars.
- Elmwood Park is a beautiful green space in Swift Current where you can enjoy quiet moments of relaxation. The park features hedges, flowers, benches, and even an outdoor chessboard!
- Mennonite Heritage Village is a 150-acre living museum that features 40 buildings from Mennonite settlements in southern Saskatchewan. You’ll find everything here: houses, farmsteads, sheds, and barns. It’s like stepping back into the past!
- The Art Gallery of Swift Current is a must-visit if you’re in the area! It’s located downtown at 109 Central Avenue and features four galleries with rotating exhibitions. There are also plenty of opportunities to interact here: workshops, artist talks, and even tours through the gallery.
- The Saskatchewan Hockey Hall of Fame is one of Swift Current’s most popular attractions. Located downtown at River Park Square, the hall features hockey legends like Clint Smith and Ron Tugnutt as well as interactive exhibits for kids to explore. There are also plenty of old photographs from when Swift Current was first founded in 1883!
- The Chinook Parkway is a beautiful 18-kilometre roadway that will take you from Swift Current to the top of Mount Baldy. You’ll find several green spaces and views along the way, as well as many opportunities for bird watching, horseback riding, or fishing! It’s also great if you’re looking for some challenging terrain to explore.
- Get a Clue is an escape game that’s perfect for any level of puzzle solver. You’ll be locked in a room and have to solve the mysteries around you by getting clues, solving puzzles, or even cracking codes! The rooms are specifically designed for both families and adult groups, so there’s something here for everyone.
Swift Current Day Trips
A great way to spend your time is by exploring the world outside of Swift Current. Saskatchewan has a number of beautiful attractions worth visiting, and here are some of our favourites:
- Blackstrap Provincial Park is a beautiful area of Saskatchewan, located about three hours from Swift Current. The park has two parts: the first part is a flat prairie that offers hikers views into mixed-grass and sagebrush country; the second part features hills with steep slopes covered in Douglas fir trees. There are many hiking trails to explore in Blackstrap Provincial Park – the trails are well-marked and easy to follow, so you can spend all day exploring if you want! The park is typically open from May 18th until October 31st.
- Lake Diefenbaker is a man-made lake located about two hours from Swift Current that offers incredible fishing and boating opportunities. The lake covers over 800 square kilometres, so you’re never too far away from the water’s edge. It’s also home to some of Saskatchewan’s top resorts like Heritage Pointe Resort and Beachview Holiday Resort. Lake Diefenbaker is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, so you’ll never be bored of the scenery!
- Prince Albert National Park in Saskatchewan is a beautiful park that features some of Canada’s most rugged terrain. The park has over 700 square kilometres of mixed boreal forest and grasslands, which are home to many species such as deer, moose, elk, wolves, and mountain lions – you name it! There’s something for everyone here: you can explore the forest, go fishing at one of Saskatchewan’s most popular lakes, or take a guided canoe trip down the Churchill River.
- Prairie Lake Regional Park is another Saskatchewan park that’s worth a visit. Located about an hour and a half away from Swift Current, the park features an impressive system of interconnecting trails and beautiful views. The terrain here can be challenging – it ranges from flat prairies to steep slopes with gentle hills in between! There are also plenty of opportunities for bird watching, horseback riding, and fishing.