Vernon, BC Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Just Listed Vernon BC Homes For Sale
Rare property in the hear of Vernon. Beautifull older home that had been well taken care by the owners. Must be seen this is an Owner occupied property Half acre lot with an older house and R2 zone where you can build Multi Family. 4509 27 street is
World class views at a world class resort! This executive lot gives you the best views the Ridge community has to offer. Build your dream home at Silver Star and enjoy this amazing resort community to the fullest. Zoned for either a single family hom
Rare, fully irrigated 8.05 acres new to the market in Coldstream.The corner location allows great flexibility on how to configure the choice for layout of a home that will best suit your needs. Coldstream Creek Rd. is a highly desireable address with
Large Parcel (2 titles) ready for Development in a central and convenient location in Vernon. A short walk to downtown, schools and the new bike lanes to get to the Mall! Approximately 1.75 Acres Zoned RH1 for medium density apartments on urban servi
Presenting this Amazing end-of-the-road 5 bed, 4 bath Lakefront Estate home located in the prestigious, gated Eastside Estates community. If privacy and location are what you are looking for, the property boasts 399 feet of pristine Okanagan lake fro
Great opportunity to invest in affordable property near Fintry. Easy access from Pinecrest Road as well as the lane. Impressive lakeviews, and can support 2 or 3 level home. (id:32990)
Welcome to Skyway Village & one of its rare rancher-style homes! No More Stairs! This bright & centrally located rancher offers 2 beds, 2 bath, double garage & a cozy kitchen with a pass-through window to the dining room; enjoy morning your coffee &
The Carew House! This historic Vernon home is comprised of 6 completely renovated suites used as short term rental accommodation. Plumbing and electrical has been redone. Each unit has separate utilities, also a heat pump for heating and cooling. Lot
Sleek sophisticated lines in subtle white shades with hints of color inspired by the waters of Okanagan Lake that are framed in every window! Custom built by the owner, this lakeshore home is like new and meticulously maintained inside and out! Maste
Updated home with developer or investor opportunity! This substantially renovated home in 07/08 has a little bit of everything. First, a 5 bedroom home, 2.5 bath home which includes a vacant one bedroom basement suite with separate entry and laundry(
Absolute luxury! This beautiful lake view home features high end finishings and state of the art technology. Enjoy the endless Okanagan views from your hot tub on a winter evening or from your 12 x 25 saltwater pool in the hot summers. This home offe
Construction is underway on this 3 bedroom 2 bathroom rancher in Parker Cove by Scotland Homes. Affordable waterfront community living and lifestyle on the shores of Okanagan Lake. Slated to be finished by February 2022, this home features an excelle
Stunning golf course VIEWS + transferrable PHASE 1 GOLF + 90% furnished! Is it possible to make a move to this amazing community any easier? Immaculately kept and luxuriously finished/furnished , this 4 bed/4 full bath 3300+sq/ft rancher w walk-out l
Welcome to #25 in Coyote Crossing Villas which is a well cared for mobile home park that welcomes families and pets (with manager approval) This 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home sits on a beautifully landscaped corner lot. Open plan main living area with ea
This is a very special property with so much potential. The property is 2.16 acres of usable land with a main house as well as guest cottage (currently rented at $1, 600 per month) and 2 level workshop. The main house consists of 3 bedrooms on the ma
Construction is underway on this 3 bedroom 2 bathroom rancher in Parker Cove by Scotland Homes. Affordable waterfront community living and lifestyle on the shores of Okanagan Lake. Slated to be finished in December, this home features an excellent la
VIEW AND VIEWS AND MORE VIEWS AGAIN…..Highly sought after Swan Design floor plan with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. This home also has the bonus of an under the garage room via suspended slab garage floor, creating space to do a theater room, gym etc
Country living at its very best with the solitude and serenity of nature at your doorstep. For those who prefer a quieter, more private lifestyle with more living space, build your dream home and feel like you are living on top of the world, as you f
ATTENTION! FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS AND INVESTORS! This home has so many possibilities! Designed for family but also has amazing income potential! 4 bedrooms + an extra room (can be used as another bed room) This BEAUTIFUL 4 bedroom, 2 bath home receiv
About Vernon, BC
Vernon is a small city in the Okanagan Region. It’s known for its beautiful parks and recreational facilities, as well as its active downtown core. Vernon has a population of about 43,000 people. If you’re looking for a new place to live, we’ll give you all the information about what it’s like to live in Vernon!
Vernon’s beginnings as a Canadian city started in 1905 when the Canadian Pacific Railway stopped there. Vernon was incorporated as a city on April 22, 1907 and has been growing ever since! Vernon is known for its natural beauty, as the city is nestled in a valley surrounded by mountains.
As of 2016, Vernon’s population has grown by 25 percent and continues to see new businesses and people moving there every day! Vernon’s location near Okanagan Lake makes it perfect for summertime swimming or boating adventures! If you love the outdoors, there are miles of hiking trails through the mountains that surround the city. However, if you are more of an indoor lover, Downtown Vernon has a number of shops, restaurants, and cafes for you to enjoy.
Some of Vernon’s most popular local attractions include the Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park, the Butterfly House and Elk Falls. Schools in Vernon are at a high standard, making the Vernon school system a huge draw for parents of all ages. Notable among these excellent schools is Mount Baker Senior Secondary School which ranks as one of the top five public secondary schools across Canada!
The economy in Vernon is thriving as well. The city has one of the lowest unemployment rates of any major Canadian metropolitan area, and its low crime rates make it a great place to settle. There are many opportunities for entrepreneurs as well. With Vernon’s affordable land prices, there is plenty of space to start new business ventures or expand existing ones.
The Vernon real estate market is one of the largest in the Okanagan region and it’s rapidly expanding to form a more urban cityscape, with new condominiums on every corner. The average price for an apartment goes from about $200k – $300k, all depending on location. In recent years, an increase in people with vacation homes has been shown as summer tourism increases every year. Vernon has many different neighbourhoods including North Hill, Central Park Village, Pleasant Valley Estates, and more!
Transportation in Vernon is easy, with a bus system that has routes to Kelowna and other nearby cities. Buses run year round, every day of the week! Vernon’s a relatively large city, but downtown Vernon (with its relatively small population) is pretty walkable. There are some areas where you’ll need your own vehicle or public transport. Otherwise, most places are easily accessible on foot or bike without any difficulty. Kelowna International Airport is about 45 minutes from Vernon and provides an easy way in and out of the city.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 295km (183 miles) to Vancouver
- 290km (180 miles) to Burnaby
- 283km (176 miles) to Surrey
- 355km (221 miles) to Victoria
Things To Do in Vernon, BC
Explore some beautiful neighbourhoods, go tubing down the river, and experience all the beauty that Vernon has to offer! Here are some of our favourite things to do in Vernon:
- Davison Orchards
- A family-owned and operated business, Davison Orchards offers Vernon locals a taste of country living in the city. You can explore acres and acres of rolling hills at your own pace, on horseback, or on bicycle before stopping for some traditional farm-fresh ice cream!
- Planet Bee Honey Farm and Meadery
- Got a sweet tooth? This family-owned honey farm is Vernon’s most popular destination for delicious local food and drinks. Enjoy a fresh baked scone with hot tea, or try out some of their award-winning meads!
- Historic O’Keefe Ranch
- If you’re looking for an authentic Vernon experience, explore the places and people that have helped shape this land. The historic O’Keefe Ranch is where you’ll learn about pioneer life in Vernon through their heritage homes, garden tours, museum exhibits, and more!
- Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park
- This scenic park is the perfect place for a picnic, family barbecue, or a day out in nature. Pack up your gear and head to Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park where you can enjoy hiking trails, fishing spots, or kayaking adventures along with many other activities!
- Okanagan Rail Trail
- The Okanagan Rail Trail is a favourite among Vernon locals, as it’s an excellent way to explore the area. Along this trail you’ll find many opportunities for bird watching, cycling, and other outdoor activities – not to mention plenty of great photo ops!
- Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery
- Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery is Vernon’s first craft distillery. The tasting room features a wide variety of premium liquors and spirits, all made with 100% organic corn or sugar beet products from right here in the Okanagans!
- Ellison Provincial Park
- Ellison Provincial Park is a nature lover’s paradise. The park features over 200 kilometres of trails, including mountain biking and horseback riding paths. The park also offers countless opportunities for fishing, camping, and climbing the mountains that surround Vernon!
- Polson Park
- Polson Park is a perfect spot to watch the sunset and enjoy some fishing. Relax on the pier or take in the views while having a picnic with friends!
- Kal Beach
- Kal Beach is Vernon’s most popular beach. The area features a sandy shoreline, as well as three different playgrounds for kids to enjoy and two outdoor volleyball courts.
Vernon Day Trips
Vernon has plenty of day trips to offer, as it is in the center of Okanagan Valley. If you’re looking to branch out of Vernon for the day, here are some of our favourite day trips to take:
- Enderby is a quaint farming town located about 30 minutes outside of Vernon. It’s the perfect place if you love strolling along tree-lined streets or exploring historic sites and buildings! Not only that, but Enderby’s Starlight Drive In is the largest in North America. Enderby is also home to some fantastic breweries, so be sure to stop in for a tasting tour while you’re visiting this charming town.
- Westside Road Route
- The Westside Road Route takes you from Vernon to West Kelowna, and it’s a truly breathtaking drive. The 48-minute journey follows Okanagan Lake and has several places to stop along the way to take some once-in-a-lifetime photos. For a unique day trip with family or friends, Westside Road offers incredible views.
- Durham is the perfect day trip option for those who want to get out of Vernon without too much driving. Known as “Canada’s prettiest village,” Durham has a population of around 200 people, and it’s a short drive from Vernon. There are some great places to hike nearby and explore caves (we recommend checking out the visitors center for details).